1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 23:332 edits
    I'll start this now for the judges,whodey and anyone else who wants to help/contribute/query any of the judging procedures.
    Could all other comments regarding the sermons be put into the othe "sermon" threads. Thank you

ps.could you put the deadlines on here as well please whodey?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 17:22
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'll start this now for the judges,whodey and anyone else who wants to help/contribute/query any of the judging procedures.
    Could all other comments regarding the sermons be put into the othe "sermon" threads. Thank you

ps.could you put the deadlines on here as well please whodey?
    The deadline for sermons is on 9/16/11 at midnight!!!

The judging can start the following Saturday 9/17.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 23:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    The deadline for sermons is on 9/16/11 at midnight!!!

The judging can start the following Saturday 9/17.
    Which means that judging can start at 12:01 am. Just sayin'...
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 23:49
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Which means that judging can start at 12:01 am. Just sayin'...
    Its already past 12.01am on Saturday in some parts of the world. Which time zone are youall working with.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 00:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Its already past 12.01am on Saturday in some parts of the world. Which time zone are youall working with.
    Oh yeah...
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 08:53
    judging should go from eldest to youngest, so since I'm 37, I think I should have someone other judge go first. (bit nervous)
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 09:121 edit
    Any chance of having the sermons grouped into one final thread?

Also is dasa's stuff classed as a sermon?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 15:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    judging should go from eldest to youngest, so since I'm 37, I think I should have someone other judge go first. (bit nervous)
    I'll be watching two plays a day here in Ashland OR till Monday and then driving all day on Monday home, so won't start till Tuesday. Reckon one or two days.

I understand it it's a blurb on each, then give 3 points (highest) to one, 2 to another, and 1 to a third. Should these go to a new post started by Whodey?
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 15:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Any chance of having the sermons grouped into one final thread?

Also is dasa's stuff classed as a sermon?
    AFAIAC, if it's posted by him and is original and is posted to the correct thread.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 20:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    I'll be watching two plays a day here in Ashland OR till Monday and then driving all day on Monday home, so won't start till Tuesday. Reckon one or two days.

I understand it it's a blurb on each, then give 3 points (highest) to one, 2 to another, and 1 to a third. Should these go to a new post started by Whodey?
    I think all judging can be posted here.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 13:07
    Let the judging begin!!!
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 01:14
    Hello judges? Anyone out there?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 02:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    Hello judges? Anyone out there?
    I will doing all my judging in the next 48hrs.
    Please list the entries,ie. the names of the people submitting them.(in alphabetical/numerical order, so we can easily reference them. As soon as the list appears (please do a bit of leg work for me) I rpomise to give the sermons my full attention and leave the other threads alone until it's done)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 04:443 edits
    Whodey's sermon: I thought you inferred a lot of "truths" in your sermon, which I would've pulled you up for in another thread🙂, but in hte spirit of sticking to judging fairly, I do believe that you had some great points and some not so great ones.
    You used Jesus as a 'crutch' a bit too much,albeit indirectly and subtley. (this may not bother the other judges but you're not getting any ticks for me on that one :0 )

(this is just an innitial blurb after 3 readings. I may have more to add)

I assume there are no points to be allocated yet
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 05:463 edits
    After two readings of BB's sermon (the second with the music off), I can say that it is truly a great sermon.

(some problem(s) may arise here (and correct me of I'm worng, but if the sermons are being directed at the regular readers of this forum, (they must be a little bit), then some of the christians (and others ) may have trouble with terms like "incidentally obscured","filth"[in the context you used it],"Raise yourself above your instincts" and "cultivation",just to name four.
    I undertand you use of these words perfectly well, but in the interests of fairnes and giving csome criticism (🙂) ....well, there ya go. )possibly more later after more readings and/or comments from the others. Cheers😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree