1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 10:531 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Perv
    Why be prudish? Perfect environment and perfect sex were God's Wedding Gifts to the first man and woman in the Garden.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 11:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Please see "Edit" above. Best link I could find between intervals of sleep. If you demand more, I'll search later today.
    Let's forget about it. When the F-word is used, then the origin is hidden in the past and is not used in the original context anyway.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 11:07
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Let's forget about it. When the F-word is used, then the origin is hidden in the past and is not used in the original context anyway.
    Exactly. All of the context happened in the State of Louisiana long ago. Word sort of loses its edge once you know.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 11:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 11:41
    "Felony Under Carnal Knowledge" (booking acronym used to avoid the word "prostitution" which was good for business)

Edit: Learned the meaning a few weeks ago from a neighbor who suggested this acronym was eventually coined as an urban slang word because of its onomatopoetic finality [with the hard "k" sound]; users providing its lascivious connotation.
    Don't believe everything your neighbours tell you. Learn to use Google and Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ <- add fword here as RHP doesn't like it.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 14:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Don't believe everything your neighbours tell you. Learn to use Google and Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ <- add fword here as RHP doesn't like it.
    It's true. As in a Louisiana Police Officer saying: Book this prostitute for a "Felony Under Carnal Knowledge".....
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 14:422 edits
    It's true. As in a Louisiana Police Officer saying: Book this prostitute for a "Felony Under Carnal Knowledge".....
    What is true? That a Louisiana Police Officer may say: Book this prostitute for a "Felony Under Carnal Knowledge"..... is probably true. That:
    this acronym was eventually coined as an urban slang word because of its onomatopoetic finality

as claimed by your neighbour, is not true.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 14:44
    Wikipedia makes sense. You've read it, haven't you?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 15:052 edits
    Wikipedia makes sense. You've read it, haven't you?
    Fabian and twhitehead, my neighbor was wrong; my apology. Word dates back to 1503. It's a fascinating read.

http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/f***.asp

Edit Note: The previous page link http://doa.louisiana.gov/osr/lac/22v01/22v01.pdf
    does reference a similar acronym relating to juveniles in the Louisiana State Law.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 17:40
    Fabian and twhitehead, my neighbor was wrong; my apology. Word dates back to 1503. It's a fascinating read.

http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/f***.asp

Edit Note: The previous page link http://doa.louisiana.gov/osr/lac/22v01/22v01.pdf
    does reference a similar acronym relating to juveniles in the Louisiana State Law.
    Apology taken.

Factoids are creepy animals...
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 18:322 edits
    Apology taken.

Factoids are creepy animals...
    Fabian, you're truly a Gentleman with the Tenacity of a Scholar and the Understanding of a Friend. Thank you, Svenska Lad.

Lessons Learned: 1) Confirmation: In my early twenties one of our bosses at Colgate Palmolive's Medical/Surgical Products Division, Dick Powers, said to me once concerning a report on manufacturing operations which he instinctively sensed contained significant fudged data errors: "Bobby, go back to those foreman and superintendents and question them strongly." Shame on me for not verifying my neighbor's comment over lunch at a casual seafood restaurant when I got home (or at the very least before presuming to present it here as factual information in an online public forum).

2) Authoritative Sources: Realize now that my haste in replying ignored my gnawing gut sense that a further online search was the only responsible action. Should have gone back to bed and resumed with my reply later in the day.The Snopes site as well as wiki provided similar authoritative documentation of the etymology of the word on the table.

3) Application: Interestingly, this lesson also applies within the spiritual realm. From my standpoint, the ultimate authority in matters of absolute truth has been for decades, is today and always will be the inspired Word of God. Mere opinions and hearsay about the meanings of certain passages are inconsequential. Consistent exposure to the exegetical teaching of scripture from the original languages in which it was written is the only way to grow to maturity as a believer in Christ.

4) Anecdotal: I now more keenly appreciate the ebb and flow of conversation, debate and repartee in this forum from the perspective of having briefly placed myself circumstantially in the reversed role. I was the one resisting the truth concerning a secular urban slang word's origin. You, twhitehead and others were patiently absorbing my negativity. -Boston Lad
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 19:25
    What word does an avowed atheist exclaim or moan at the peak of sexual orgasm?
    How about:

oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yes!

Have you ever done a woman that gave you that kind of compliment, GB?
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 19:57
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    How about:

oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yes!

Have you ever done a woman that gave you that kind of compliment, GB?
    "Have you ever done a woman..."???

Like a person is something you do, like a check on a to-do list.

I have so many problems with that sentence, but for now I'm going to stick
    with, This is not the place [if there is one] for asking people such personal questions.

It wasn't ok when GB asked, and it isn't ok now.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 20:28
    Why be prudish? Perfect environment and perfect sex were God's Wedding Gifts to the first man and woman in the Garden.
    You obviously do not know the difference between being a prude and being a perv.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    "Have you ever done a woman..."???

Like a person is something you do, like a check on a to-do list.

I have so many problems with that sentence, but for now I'm going to stick
    with, This is not the place [if there is one] for asking people such personal questions.

It wasn't ok when GB asked, and it isn't ok now.
    The sole intent of "What word does an avowed atheist exclaim or moan at the peak of sexual orgasm?" is/was to illustrate the likelihood of a subliminal or subconscious awareness or recognition of the existence of God. Nothing more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree