1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 13:24
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Of course your comment is in general accurate, my dear Mr. Hamilton. Yet although I prefer to fight against you through the Royal Game and not through debates, here you clearly missed my point😵
    …Of course your comment is in general accurate, …

What!!! -I was joking!

I noted the words “proin” and “proteino” which when put together sounded like “prion proteins” and I noted “doki” in “dokimastis” which sounded a bit like “donkey” and “oxi” that sounds a bit like “ox” and “gia” which -ok, this is stretching it, but it made me think of “genitalia”.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 13:27
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…Of course your comment is in general accurate, …

What!!! -I was joking!

I noted the words “proin” and “proteino” which when put together sounded like “prion proteins” and I noted “doki” in “dokimastis” which sounded a bit like “donkey” and “oxi” that sounds a bit like “ox” and “gia” which -ok, this is stretching it, but it made me think of “genitalia”.[/b]
    I know you were joking
    😵
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 13:37
    Originally posted by black beetle
    motosikletas
    😵
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 13:38
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…Of course your comment is in general accurate, …

What!!! -I was joking!

I noted the words “proin” and “proteino” which when put together sounded like “prion proteins” and I noted “doki” in “dokimastis” which sounded a bit like “donkey” and “oxi” that sounds a bit like “ox” and “gia” which -ok, this is stretching it, but it made me think of “genitalia”.[/b]
    Stretched genitalia? Is this about Phlab's avatar?
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 13:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    😵
    And why Pal pal are you cheered up solely out of this word? We have "apokleistika", diaforetika" and many others over here, which they sound tricky tricky tricky tricky😵
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 13:47
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Stretched genitalia? Is this about Phlab's avatar?
    Poor Satan, nobody but dystoniac shows some compassion to him:'(
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 14:40
    there is no satan. there is an angel named lucifer. there is no hell. there is a distance from god. there is no sin except a distance from god. lucifer presses us to exercise free will to distance ourself from god. that is his choice and ours.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 15:125 edits
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Discuss.
    The question is should we (and I assume "we" means we human beings) have compassion on Satan ?

The answer is no.

As a matter of fact if you know God even self pity is a sin, let alone pity on Satan.

Don't worry. There are plenty of other people who can be recipients of your compassion without you having to scrap the bottom of the barrel to have sympathy on the Devil.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 15:18
    =================================
    The question is should we (and I assume "we" means we human beings) have compassion on Satan ?

The answer is no.

As a matter of fact if you know God even self pity is a sin, let alone pity on Satan.

Don't worry. There are plenty of other people who can be recipients of your compassion without you having to scrap the bottom of the barrel to have sympathy on the Devil.
    =========================================

And I would add. Not only should we not have compassion for Satan we should not be preoccupied with Satan. He should not receive so much of your attention, period.

Focus on Jesus Christ, what He has done, what He has accomplished, what He has attained.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 16:37
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    there is no hell.
    Did Jesus not descend into hell after he was crucified? How can this be if there is no hell?
  11. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 17:54
    Originally posted by bill718
    How would one go about showing compassion to Satan? Sit next to him, pat him on the back, and give him a beer?😏
    Please, Satan has a very sophisticated taste. You would obviously give him wine, not beer.
  12. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 17:59
    Originally posted by jaywill

The answer is [b]no.

Don't worry. There are plenty of other people who can be recipients of your compassion without you having to scrap the bottom of the barrel to have sympathy on the Devil.[/b]
    Why not? Does the Bible not teach us forgiveness and compassion? And that it should be shown to everyone? Even Jesus ate in the house of sinners.

There is a difference between self pity and pity for others. And for that matter, a difference between pity and compassion as well.

The fact that there are other recipients is irrelevant. My compassion for them does not lessen if I show compassion to the Devil.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 00:541 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Did Jesus not descend into hell after he was crucified? How can this be if there is no hell?
    Because John Lennon "Imagined" it that way.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 01:44
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    this idea was put forth in the 3rd century and codified in the nicene creed...jesus never went to hell...there is no hell...where the christ was between the garden and the road to emeaus is not known for sure as the bible itself does not tell us....we know that a woman, mary, was the first to proclaim the gospel ( he is risen...so the pope has no claim that women cannot be priests and lds christian say he made a visit to the morman lands ( wherever they might have been ) and maybe it was in those three days. ) ..or maybe jesus was taken alive from the tomb by his uncle, joseph of aramithia, dressed of his wounds and put on a boat with his wife mary magdalene for the south of france...
  15. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 03:07
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Christians often discuss Satan as if he really is a God.
    They think Satan is as powerful as God, and therefore he cannot be less than a God.
    Obviously, you know little about Christianity. Christians DO NOT believe Satan is as powerful as God or that he is a God; there is only one God-Jehova. Satan was at one time an angel but decided that he wanted to be as powerful as God, but God hurled him to earth and granted him control of the current world as we know, thus all the calamity taking place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree