1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 03:12
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Discuss.
    The question reminds me of when Jesus cast out the legion of demons out of a demon possessed man in the gospels. The demons begged Jesus not to cast them in "the pit". He seems to have taken pity on them by not doing so and, instead, casting them into some nearby swine.
  2. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 03:13
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Poor Satan, nobody but dystoniac shows some compassion to him:'(
    Actually, I do sorta of feel sorry for him, his demons, and all of mankind who choose to worship him instead of God. There is no sitting on the sidelines in the game of eternal life/death. One either serves God or Satan. One either is given, through grace, eternal life bought with the blood of Jesus Christ, or one is condemned to eternal death by choosing satan.
    Disclaimer: This is not my opinion; it is written in the scriptures, so shall it come to pass.
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 03:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    The question reminds me of when Jesus cast out the legion of demons out of a demon possessed man in the gospels. The demons begged Jesus not to cast them in "the pit". He seems to have taken pity on them by not doing so and, instead, casting them into some nearby swine.
    Good observation! You are correct....
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 04:28
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Actually, I do sorta of feel sorry for him, his demons, and all of mankind who choose to worship him instead of God. There is no sitting on the sidelines in the game of eternal life/death. One either serves God or Satan. One either is given, through grace, eternal life bought with the blood of Jesus Christ, or one is condemned to eternal death by choosi ...[text shortened]...
    Disclaimer: This is not my opinion; it is written in the scriptures, so shall it come to pass.
    What's your take on the deal between Satan and God in the Book of Job?
  5. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 04:40
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What's your take on the deal between Satan and God in the Book of Job?
    I'm not very familiar with the 'deal' between God and Satan except that God used Job as an example to man on how to rely on faith when we are tested. God allowed Satan to really have his way with Job on condition that satan could not kill Job, but my interpretation is that God used Job to thwart Satan, and this backfired on Satan, as he ststed that Job would crumple under the strain; Job remained faithful and eventually benefitted from his test with God. I don't know if that was what you were looking for...
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 04:43
    I'm not very familiar with the 'deal' between God and Satan except that God used Job as an example to man on how to rely on faith when we are tested. God allowed Satan to really have his way with Job on condition that satan could not kill Job, but my interpretation is that God used Job to thwart Satan, and this backfired on Satan, as he ststed that Job wo ...[text shortened]... lly benefitted from his test with God. I don't know if that was what you were looking for...
    D you think God had any other better options? Is this not a terrible side of God that we see?
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 04:52
    D you think God had any other better options? Is this not a terrible side of God that we see?
    Not knowing God's intentions, besides speculating, I would wager that God had many options as he is omnipotent; however, his way that we witness in Job obviously was the best way for us to understand God better. Realize this...God tests us all...no one is immune from this. Let's use the formation of diamonds as an example-it takes incredible pressure and eons of time to form these precious stones from simple carbon. God promised to never give us more than we can handle; however, we must rely on his promis and keep the faith. If we do this, no amount of misery or bad luck can hurt us, and we will come out of it like a precious diamond. Have you ever seen a dandelion growing, and even thriving, in the middle of a blacktop parking lot in the middle of summer with no obvious water source and exposed to incredible elements? We all are like this flower if we trust God.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 04:55
    Actually, I do sorta of feel sorry for him, his demons, and all of mankind who choose to worship him instead of God. There is no sitting on the sidelines in the game of eternal life/death. One either serves God or Satan. One either is given, through grace, eternal life bought with the blood of Jesus Christ, or one is condemned to eternal death by choosi ...[text shortened]...
    You claim it is not your opinion yet I doubt that you can honestly show me where in the scriptures it says that I worship Satan.

And can you clarify: who bought eternal life with Jesus' blood and who was the seller?
  9. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 05:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You claim it is not your opinion yet I doubt that you can honestly show me where in the scriptures it says that I worship Satan.

And can you clarify: who bought eternal life with Jesus' blood and who was the seller?
    Well, it doesn't exactly state that one twhitehead worships the devil; however, it does state that
    "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money". Matthew 6:24.

Substitute money for Satan-same thing
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 05:06
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    Disregarding the part of Christian teaching that speak of forgiveness,
    and not to pass judgement and all that, isn't it in fact God himself who's
    laughing his butt off (that is, assuming he has a butt - he probably
    never takes a crap anyway, right?) as we rage at the wrong half-divinity?

[b]God
    is the one who pass judgement, decide on suitable
    ...[text shortened]... me where blame is due, and He more
    mighty take a liking to you. That's what I always say.[/b]
    Poor Satan! He's just doing his job! Apparently everyone has free will but him! 🙄
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 05:08
    Not knowing God's intentions, besides speculating, I would wager that God had many options as he is omnipotent; however, his way that we witness in Job obviously was the best way for us to understand God better. Realize this...God tests us all...no one is immune from this. Let's use the formation of diamonds as an example-it takes incredible pressure and ...[text shortened]... water source and exposed to incredible elements? We all are like this flower if we trust God.
    What would be your personal limits of trials that you think you would be able to tolerate from God?
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 05:14
    Well, it doesn't exactly state that one twhitehead worships the devil; however, it does state that
    "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money". Matthew 6:24.

Substitute money for Satan-same thing
    Serving no master rocks😵
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 05:18
    What would be your personal limits of trials that you think you would be able to tolerate from God?
    That's a good question. I don't have a ready answer, and I don't know what my personal limit is in regards to suffering. I am suffering from a medical condition in which I am being tested; the funny thing is just when I think I'm at my limit and cannot take much more, God raises the stakes and I am back at square one, but eventually my ability to take setbacks is strengthened. Here is another thing: for the most part, humans bring bad tidings onto themselves...not God. He allows bad things to happen to good people because we live in a sinful world ruled by Satan. God may let bad things happen to us, but He promises to never leave us during our suffering or allow something to overwhelm us as long as we trust Him. In the next life there will be no more suffering. This life is a mere drop of water in the ocean of eternity.
  14. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 05:24
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Serving no master rocks😵
    Well, rock on with your bad self...actually, you serve either God or Satan whether you like it or not. Either way, you do the bidding for one or the other daily through your actions or lack of belief.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 05:32
    That's a good question. I don't have a ready answer, and I don't know what my personal limit is in regards to suffering. I am suffering from a medical condition in which I am being tested; the funny thing is just when I think I'm at my limit and cannot take much more, God raises the stakes and I am back at square one, but eventually my ability to take se ...[text shortened]... here will be no more suffering. This life is a mere drop of water in the ocean of eternity.
    Do you take medication for your condition? If you do, would you consider that part of God's grace or mercy or are you taking a cheap out to not deal with your suffering on a more complete level?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree