1. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 06:18
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Do you take medication for your condition? If you do, would you consider that part of God's grace or mercy or are you taking a cheap out to not deal with your suffering on a more complete level?
    Wow...what a thought-provoking question! I never looked at it that way. Yes, I take medication for my condition. I believe God gave man approval and the intelligence to advance in all areas where humans can benefit. I don't believe by taking medication that I am taking the easy way out. The last thing God wants for His children is for us to suffer, even though we do; however, this goes back to God's promise to not place more on us than we can handle with His support. He allows us to suffer in order for us to finally let go and let God. Through suffering, we are made more like Jesus Christ. God allowed His Son to suffer so that we may have eternal life forever without suffering as long as we believe that Jesus is our Savior.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 07:012 edits
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Well, it doesn't exactly state that one twhitehead worships the devil; however, it does state that
    "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money". Matthew 6:24.

Substitute money for Satan-same thing
    Lets substitute God for Satan and we discover that of the two masters you must necessarily by your impeccable logic serve either money or Satan. Its in the Bible, it must be true!

Why cant you simply admit that it is your personal opinion instead of trying to pass it on to the Bible with a disclaimer?
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 08:28
    Well, rock on with your bad self...actually, you serve either God or Satan whether you like it or not. Either way, you do the bidding for one or the other daily through your actions or lack of belief.
    Black and White; what a palletešŸ˜µ
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 11:12
    Wow...what a thought-provoking question! I never looked at it that way. Yes, I take medication for my condition. I believe God gave man approval and the intelligence to advance in all areas where humans can benefit. I don't believe by taking medication that I am taking the easy way out. The last thing God wants for His children is for us to suffer, ev ...[text shortened]... ay have eternal life forever without suffering as long as we believe that Jesus is our Savior.
    If suffering does such good things as that, should we take it upon ourselves to make ourselves suffer more or on a routine basis? It seems like the most people try to alleviate the sufferings of people or at least would want to.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 12:288 edits
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Why not? Does the Bible not teach us forgiveness and compassion? And that it should be shown to everyone? Even Jesus ate in the house of sinners.

There is a difference between self pity and pity for others. And for that matter, a difference between pity and compassion as well.

The fact that there are other recipients is irrelevant. My compassion for them does not lessen if I show compassion to the Devil.
    ===========================================
    me:

The answer is no.

As a matter of fact if you know God even self pity is a sin, let alone pity on Satan.

Don't worry. There are plenty of other people who can be recipients of your compassion without you having to scrap the bottom of the barrel to have sympathy on the Devil.

Raven69:

Why not?
    ====================================

Because he is totally unredeemable. Otherwise he would not be who he is.

Not only to have compassion on Satan would only cause you to be played into his hands. Even to be preoccupied with hating him, would just as much play you into his hands.

This enemy of God and man is unredeemable. This is not a man but a supernatural enemy.

Our focus should be on the man Jesus who overcame Satan and is the Lord and Savior of man.

=====================================
    Does the Bible not teach us forgiveness and compassion?
    =======================================

Yes, it does very much teach us forgiveness and compassion.

But to make it clear - the Bible teachess us to allow the resurrected Son of God to come into us and live in us and let HIM be our compasion and forgiveness.

The Bible teaches us that our natural compassion and forgiveness need to be merged, blended, united with the living Lord Jesus.

Our natural attributes such as love, compassion, forgiveness, need to be permeated with the Holy Spirit so that they possess the flavor of Christ and the Spirit of the obedient man Jesus.

Our best human attributes need to come under the lordship of Jesus. We need to pray:

"Lord Jesus, I simply do not trust my love. I need YOU to saturate my love with YOUR love. I need you to come into my soul and mingle with me. Lord Jesus, flush out the fallen nature and add in the divine nature which is simply Yourself.

Lord, fill my compassion with Your Spirit, lest I be foolish. Lord I receive you into my soul according to Your word and Your desire. Thank you Lord Jesus for your forgiveness and your coming into my heart."

We need to have our attributes saturated, uplifted, permeated and transformed by the living and resurrected Son of God in His form as "a life giving Spirit".

"The last Adam [Christ] BECAME a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Then the Lord Jesus, Who is alive and available to us, will energize and direct our compassion and forgiveness in a way in harmony with God's will.

Do not think you are wise or clever to say "But the Bible says we should forgive and have compassion. Therefore, we should have compassion on Satan the Devil.

This is not wise. It is not amusing. It is not novel. It is not entertaining. It is spiritual darkness. I would not waste another minute of my life contemplating such a thing.

However, there are plenty of human beings who could greatly benefit from your compassion and forgiveness in the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

Do you understand a little bit of what I write here ?

==========================================
    And that it should be shown to everyone? Even Jesus ate in the house of sinners.
    =======================================

My friend, it is one thing to eat in the house of sinners for whom Jesus died, in love. It is another thing to want to fellowship with demons, the evil angels, and Satan. These are totally different.

Satan, the demons, the evil spirits, the fallen angels who followed Satan are all now unredeemable forever. Otherwise they would not be the opposition party that they are.

Save your forgiveness and compassion on those who still have hope. And if the Lord Jesus leads you, eat with them in love.

===============================
    There is a difference between self pity and pity for others. And for that matter, a difference between pity and compassion as well.
    ==================================

Okay.

===============================
    The fact that there are other recipients is irrelevant. My compassion for them does not lessen if I show compassion to the Devil.
    ==================================

In this case your compassion for Satan is rebellion against God.

If you are hell bent intending to revolt and rebel against God no matter what ... then go ahead and have compassion with Satan.

But I would advize you that your compassion for Satan may be your declaration to join Satan.

And that you will. You will co-share Satan's eternal damnation. Now if that is what you want, then go ahead.

May the Lord mercifully lead us to make the wise choices.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 20:073 edits
    ===================================
    ======================================

Wrong.

In this case they are mutually exclusive recipients.

If you would be the Devil's friend you must be the enemy of mankind, not to speak of God and Christ also, of course.

You cannot be sympathetic to the Devil and also be sympathetic towards human sinners.

You have to choose.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 20:19
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If you would be the Devil's friend you must be the enemy of mankind, not to speak of God and Christ also, of course.

You cannot be sympathetic to the Devil and also be sympathetic towards human sinners.

You have to choose.
    Does showing compassion imply friendship and does it also imply an agreement with the cause of the person you are showing compassion to?

Can you show compassion to a terrorist?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 20:334 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Does showing compassion imply friendship and does it also imply an agreement with the cause of the person you are showing compassion to?

Consider instead having compassion on God.

His name is blasphemed. His law is transgressed. His glory is insulted. His love is spurned. His blessings are met with no thanksgiving. His existence is denied. His correction is met with resentment and scorn. He is blamed for crimes done by those who use His name for evil purposes. His patience is unappreciated. His holiness is mocked. His name is used for a curse word daily all over the earth, His Son is crucified and blasphemed.

Consider having compassion on God.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 22:14
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Consider instead having compassion on God.

His name is blasphemed. His law is transgressed. His glory is insulted. His love is spurned. His blessings are met with no thanksgiving. His existence is denied. His correction is met with resentment and scorn. He is blamed for crimes done by those who use His name for evil purposes. His patience is unap ...[text shortened]... over the earth, His Son is crucified and blasphemed.

Consider having compassion on God.
    What does this exhortation have to do with twhitehead's question?
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 23:56
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Nothing - it was another Jaywill Spontaneous Sermon®
  11. Break-twitching
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 03:25
    Lets substitute God for Satan and we discover that of the two masters you must necessarily by your impeccable logic serve either money or Satan. Its in the Bible, it must be true!

Why cant you simply admit that it is your personal opinion instead of trying to pass it on to the Bible with a disclaimer?
    It is my personal belief, not just my opinion, because it is scripturally written.
  12. Break-twitching
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 03:27
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    If suffering does such good things as that, should we take it upon ourselves to make ourselves suffer more or on a routine basis? It seems like the most people try to alleviate the sufferings of people or at least would want to.
    No, we shouldn't bring suffering on ourselves; that would be self-defeating. We have enough suffering in this life as it is. God simply allows suffering in man in order to bring us closer to Him.
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 03:31

Yes, one can show compassion for a terrorist by putting him/her out of their misery before they bringb suffering upon innocent women and children, not to mention men. If a terrorist is caught instead of eradicated, then we should put them into a compassionate prison such as San Quentin with the general population.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 04:271 edit
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    ===================================

I learned from my Teacher sometimes to answer questions that way.
    Instead of answering his question, like Jesus, I told him what he should do. I am an evangelist.

For example:

" Luke 13:24 - And someone said to Him, Lord, are there only a few who are being saved?

And He said to them, Struggle to enter the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to enter, yet will not be able."

You see, Jesus did not always waste time with intellectual one-upmanship for sport's sake.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 11:303 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Nothing - it was another [b]Jaywill Spontaneous Sermon®[/b]
    SwissGambit,

I agree with you that it was a spontaneous sermon of sorts.

I do not agree with the r circle which indicates copyright (or something of some restrictive law against duplication).

I do not mind you saying that I am prone to go sermonizing on the discussion forum, because I do confess to that characteristic. However, there is no copyright on what I wrote. Freely I received. Freely I share, with whoever cares to listen.

In my experience, we all (some more than others) need to be healed from a certain kind of suspicion towards God. We sinners hold within our hearts a certain kind of spiritual blindness or shadedness that obscures God's heart to our realization. That obscurity or blindess towards God issues from an innate suspicion of Him. We sinners feel that there is a conspiracy against us. This colors our understanding.

In my experience this is a kind of sickness that needs to be healed. I mean a spiritual sickness - a mental problem which has not to do with degree of intelligence but with the heart turned away from God.

Some of our questions as intellectuals may indicate that we are pre-occupied with the thought of the badness of God's motives toward us or that He is out to do us harm. Even an atheist who swares that he has no belief in God may automatically feel that all mentioning of God is a part of a conspiracy against him.

This question about compassion on the Devil stems, I think, in large part from this kind of suspicion that God has an evil conspiracy against mankind. This is a lie OF Satan itself injected into our thoughts.

I have had this kind of spiritual sickness very much in my life. I am still in the process of learning to deal with it.

Anyway, there is no copyright on my sermons.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree