1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 May '17 23:45
    What does that mean to you? I just wrote like six paragraphs with more to say, but I should shut up.I should empty my cup, so you can fill it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '17 23:48
    Originally posted by apathist
    I should empty my cup, so you can fill it.
    Not from here.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 May '17 23:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not from here.
    Your crude side overwhelms the rest of you.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 00:03
    Your crude side overwhelms the rest of you.
    Twit.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 00:33
    Evidently you're gonna have to dust off those six paragraphs for DG.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    10 May '17 09:07
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Evidently you're gonna have to dust off those six paragraphs for DG.
    No, you can ask better than that. Plus both of you and everyone else could, you know, try to answer the question? Out of a general sort of respect, maybe.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 May '17 10:36
    What does that mean to you? I just wrote like six paragraphs with more to say, but I should shut up.I should empty my cup, so you can fill it.
    Respect, really try practicing what you preach.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '17 10:59
    It's probably easier to show 'consistent respect' in our real life encounters. I believe this is much harder in an internet forum as we are staring at a computer screen rather than a human face.

The Ghost has spoken wisely.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 May '17 11:47
    Respect to me involves knowing myself, my friends, my enemies were all together made in the image of God. Whoever they are there is something about them that has to remind me of God. For they are made in His image.

Respect to me involves realizing that as Christ groaned and shed His life's blood for my sins, so also He did for the other person be that one a friend or enemy.

Respect to me involves understanding that I am not better than the other person. So as Christ died for me, so also Christ died for him or her.

Respect for me involves remembering how much I was ignorant of Christ's love when I didn't know Him, how suspicious, how annoyed at the thought of God, how cold, how uninterested, how afraid that "God" meant to be to stop doing something fun.

Respect involves for me knowing that I should see everyone through the eyes of Jesus Christ. It is realizing in some sense that I only love God as much as the person I love the least.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 12:14
    Sometimes respect means forbearance: patient self-control; restraint and tolerance, noting that tolerance does not mean agreement, in fact, it means quite the opposite.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 May '17 12:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    It's probably easier to show 'consistent respect' in our real life encounters. I believe this is much harder in an internet forum as we are staring at a computer screen rather than a human face.

The Ghost has spoken wisely.
    I would venture to say that those like you who show respect even to those on a computer screen find it easier to do it in life as well.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '17 12:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I would venture to say that those like you who show respect even to those on a computer screen find it easier to do it in life as well.
    What are we to surmise about what you are like in 'real life' from your behaviour here?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 May '17 12:22
    Originally posted by JS357
    Sometimes respect means forbearance: patient self-control; restraint and tolerance, noting that tolerance does not mean agreement, in fact, it means quite the opposite.
    Well said
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '17 12:46
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I do occasionally put you on the rack. 🙂
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 12:55
    No, you can ask better than that. Plus both of you and everyone else could, you know, try to answer the question? Out of a general sort of respect, maybe.
    That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree