1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 12:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't think you know who cares and who doesn't. So again you are just making things up. 😏
    No I don't do that.

It's you that lies, makes stuff up, and tries to make everything a joke.

Stop projecting.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 21:05
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No I don't do that.

It's you that lies, makes stuff up, and tries to make everything a joke.

Stop projecting.
    I did not make it up. I gave a link as evidence, you give nothing but what you make up. 😏
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 21:10
    I did not make it up. I gave a link as evidence, you give nothing but what you make up. 😏
    Chess anyone?

-k
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 23:41
    You gave a link to a youtube video that allegedly claims to provide evidence that the
    carbon dating of the shroud is wrong. (which doesn't constitute 'evidence'😉

However as I made perfectly clear in my post I don't care if the shroud is the right age
    to fit with your biblical story or not.

It's irrelevant how old it is because what matters is whether or not the supernatural
    aspects of the bible story are true.

And the shroud says absolutely nothing about it either way.

However if you want a nice video you can watch that will simply explain what I am talking about
    then read my latest post in your young earth thread

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=149090&page=8#post_2930506
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 01:28
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You gave a link to a youtube video that allegedly claims to provide evidence that the
    carbon dating of the shroud is wrong. (which doesn't constitute 'evidence'😉

However as I made perfectly clear in my post I don't care if the shroud is the right age
    to fit with your biblical story or not.

It's irrelevant how old it is because what matters is w ...[text shortened]... hread

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=149090&page=8#post_2930506
    All the characteristics of the image on the Shrould of Turin can not be reproduced in one image by natural means according to the investigators. That means the image has been made by supernatural or spiritual means. Even you atheist numbnuts should be able to understand that, if you would only get your heads out of your anus. 😏
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 02:461 edit
    All the characteristics of the image on the Shrould of Turin can not be reproduced in one image by natural means according to the investigators. That means the image has been made by supernatural or spiritual means. Even you atheist numbnuts should be able to understand that, if you would only get your heads out of your anus. 🙄
    a lot of natural things can't be reproduced. it doesn't make them supernatural.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 04:18
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    a lot of natural things can't be reproduced. it doesn't make them supernatural.
    Proof that the Shroud of Turin is the Burial Cloth of Jesus Christ.

The person on the video says that the reason the blood on the Shroud has remained red has not been explained. This is no longer the case.

The reason the carbon dating indicates the Shroud is only about 700 or 800 years old has been explained and proven as interweaving of newer cotton dyed to match the original linen. So the carbon 14 tests, if this is an accurate way of testing for date of linen, has to be redone with a sample from the main body of the shroud linen. The person on the video apparently did not have this information at the time.

YouTube&playnext=1&list=PL4BB3E5AB1E1D04E4&feature=results_video
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 14:07

The person on the video says that the reason the blood on the Shroud has remained red has not been explained. This is no longer the case.

The reason the carbon dating indicates the Shroud is only about 700 or 800 years old has been explained and proven as interweaving of newer cotton ...[text shortened]... p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRB16BARvz0&playnext=1&list=PL4BB3E5AB1E1D04E4&feature=results_video
    If I have the story correct, the Catholic church is only allowing one sample to be taken for analysis.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 15:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If I have the story correct, the Catholic church is only allowing one sample to be taken for analysis.
    Where did you get that story?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 17:18
    Where did you get that story?
    A scientist I worked for at Varian/Extrion up north of Boston, Ray Callahan, was invited to be one of the scientists on that project back when all that started. He was too busy to do it but mentioned to me the church only was going to allow a single piece taken to be analyzed. Maybe they have been convinced to take a second sample, don't know.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 17:401 edit

The reason the carbon dating indicates the Shroud is only about 700 or 800 years old has been explained and proven as interweaving of newer cotton ...[text shortened]... p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRB16BARvz0&playnext=1&list=PL4BB3E5AB1E1D04E4&feature=results_video
    that excuse has been exposed as being false. the sample taken was not from a later patch.

but all that is irrelevant. even *if* the shroud represented someone from 2000 years ago, you have no way of connecting the figure on the shroud with any particular individual.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 19:08
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    that excuse has been exposed as being false. the sample taken was not from a later patch.

but all that is irrelevant. even *if* the shroud represented someone from 2000 years ago, you have [b]no
    way of connecting the figure on the shroud with any particular individual.[/b]
    The Shroud of Turin has already been connected with the risen Jesus the Christ for centuries without any carbon 14 dating, which is notorious by now for being inaccurate in many cases. Many of the scientists, who investigated the Shroud, have stated their belief that the Shroud is the burial cloth of Jesus the Christ because of all the other evidence, regardless of one highly controversial carbon 14 test.

I also believe the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo are two physical witnesses to the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus the Christ just as described in the Holy Bible.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 19:13
    The Shroud of Turin has already been connected with the risen Jesus the Christ for centuries without any carbon 14 dating, which is notorious by now for being inaccurate in many cases. Many of the scientists, who investigated the Shroud, have stated their belief that the Shroud is the burial cloth of Jesus the Christ because of all the other evidence, regar ...[text shortened]... Christ just as described in the Holy Bible.

Nobody would stop you from believing, but all the belief in the world will not change the truth or fiction of both those artifacts. That is an independent entity. Even accepting it as 2000 years old will not prove it belongs to JC, especially since the bible clearly states several layers of cloth. Refute that one, why don't you.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 19:481 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Nobody would stop you from believing, but all the belief in the world will not change the truth or fiction of both those artifacts. That is an independent entity. Even accepting it as 2000 years old will not prove it belongs to JC, especially since the bible clearly states several layers of cloth. Refute that one, why don't you.
    I have no information on the Holy Bible saying there were several layers of cloth, but if so, they could have meant the layer of the cloth that was underneath the back of the body and the layer of the cloth that covered the front of the body as the Shroud of Turin shows. If it means more than one cloth then the Shroud of Turin could be just one of them or they could have also been counting the cloth that was placed over the face, the Sudarium of Oviedo. So there is really no need to explain such a thing, even if so, because the overwhelming circumstantial evidence has produced a verdict that these linen cloths are the burial cloths of Jesus the Christ.

15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 23:45
    The Shroud of Turin has already been connected with the risen Jesus the Christ for centuries without any carbon 14 dating, which is notorious by now for being inaccurate in many cases.
    despite your ignorance of carbon 14 dating, the shroud of turin connection to jesus has been debunked for centuries... by the very founder of the reformist religions (to which you pretend to belong).

Many of the scientists, who investigated the Shroud, have stated their belief that the Shroud is the burial cloth of Jesus the Christ because of all the other evidence, regardless of one highly controversial carbon 14 test.

um no. no scientists have stated that the shroud is the burial cloth of jesus christ.

I also believe the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo are two physical witnesses to the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus the Christ just as described in the Holy Bible.

your beliefs are unjustified and completely irrelevant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree