1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 19:30
    Originally posted by Starrman
    A messiah who clearly wasn't what Jesus turned out to be. The OT prophesised messiah is one of power and vengance, as most of the subject matter in the OT is too. Jesus was not accepted by the jews, he does not fulfill the ideas of the messiah laid out in the OT as the jews saw it. Only a handful of cultists believed he was. Lets not forget at that tim ...[text shortened]... l publicity is good publicity and in terms of PR crucifixion is about as good as it gets.

The Messiah WILL come with power and vengeance at His 2nd coming. Don't you see?? Why would the OT saints sacrifice animals?? It was pointing towards Jesus making the ULTIMATE sacrifice. Look at the geneology of Adam through Noah in Genesis and see what it means in Hebrew. You will see.

The Jews at the time were looking for someone to free them from Roman oppression instead of a Savior to free them from their sins!!!

2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 19:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.bartleby.com/108/04/31.html#S56
    Numbers 31:1-19

[b]1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Mid'i-anites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.

3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Mid'i-anites, a ...[text shortened]... r how they "purified" the virginal women children that Moses told them to keep for themselves?
    You must understand, when God commanded killing in the OT, it was ALWAYS to protect the Jews. Because the Messiah would come from the Jews! Those boys? They were brought up hating the Jews, and if they had been allowed to become men, would have revolted! Also, children ALL go to heaven, because they haven't yet reached the age of accountability. In other words, they don't understand what it MEANS to sin, so God does not hold them accountable.

And the women who had lain with the evil men were probably pregnant, and they probably wanted to kill the Jews for killing their husbands. They would have corrupted the children still more.

The virgins could be purified meaning atoning for their sins through sacrifices to God! The Jews abhorred raping women.

Please, you must understand, what seems brutal is really our God protecting the people who would one day yield the promised Messiah, Jesus Christ.
  3. Standard memberkrisvictor
    Chess Student
    Richmond, VA
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 19:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Thanks for sharing. If I ever want to tell a bunch of strangers on an INTERNET CHESS SITE about a degrading incident from my past, I'll let you know. Your post is off-topic here: this thread is for "Sickening Bible Stories"; if you want to start a thread called "Sickening Stories from Born Agains" please label it as such, so I can make sure to avoid it.
    Thanks for sharing. If I ever want to tell a bunch of strangers on an INTERNET CHESS SITE about a degrading incident from my past, ... {shortened}so I can make sure to avoid it.

Though it was not from the Bible, my story is still a sickening story. What is the point in debating "Sickening stories from the Bible" when you don't understand the God of Justice and Love? You understand my story because it is very real and it goes on in the present.
    Here is a thread that seeks to discuss Bible stories that happened thousands of years ago. I have a story that happened thirty years ago.
    I do not relate the gory details but I do emphasize on the healing from the Love of God.
    What do you deem important? To debate something you don't want to understand or to hear about how the Love of God was able to heal a man and allow him to love again?
    This thread is nothing more than an attempt to ridicule the Creator. Do so at your own peril. You know not what you do.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 19:41
    I never much cared for the story of Job. I feel it shows the Devil is able to fool even God.

P
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by krisvictor
    [b] Thanks for sharing. If I ever want to tell a bunch of strangers on an INTERNET CHESS SITE about a degrading incident from my past, ... {shortened}so I can make sure to avoid it.

...[text shortened]... le the Creator. Do so at your own peril. You know not what you do.[/b]
    I don't care about your probably made up story; you guys crave attention soooooooo much you seemingly will say anything. If it is true, you're twisted to post it on an INTERNET CHESS SITE to show the Love of God.

This thread is to post the actual words from your Holy Book and comment on them; why would you have a problem with that? Surely the divinely inspired writings that have God condoning or ordering human sacrifice, mass murder and rape will be so powerful to the heathens that they will immediately drop to their knees and praise the Loving God! I'm doing your work for ya, stop yer bitchin'.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 19:45
    Originally posted by Darfius
    You must understand, when God commanded killing in the OT, it was ALWAYS to protect the Jews. Because the Messiah would come from the Jews! Those boys? They were brought up hating the Jews, and if they had been allowed to become men, would have revolted! Also, children ALL go to heaven, because they haven't yet reached the age of accountability. In othe ...[text shortened]... really our God protecting the people who would one day yield the promised Messiah, Jesus Christ.
    Seems fair to me; I was wondering where the Serbs picked up their ideas.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 19:46
    I don't care about your probably made up story; you guys crave attention soooooooo much you seemingly will say anything. If it is true, you're twisted to post it on an INTERNET CHESS SITE to show the Love of God.

This thread is to post the actual words from your Holy Book and comment on them; why would you have a problem with that? Su ...[text shortened]... drop to their knees and praise the Loving God! I'm doing your work for ya, stop yer bitchin'.
    What causes you to have so much hatred, no1? Please, we don't think we're better than you, we want to love you.

Kris shared his story to show how only God can pull us from the depths of despair and hatred.

Let God help you, no1. He wants to so badly.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 19:521 edit
    What causes you to have so much hatred, no1? Please, we don't think we're better than you, we want to love you.

Kris shared his story to show how only God can pull us from the depths of despair and hatred.

Let God help you, no1. He wants to so badly.
    Tell that to the Midianites; oh wait, you can't cuz your God had them all snuffed (except for some young girls who were left to be raped by the murderers of the parents). I wonder what those girls thought of your "Loving God"?
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 20:22
    Looks like you truly scared them off, no1... Leave it to you... 😀
  10. Joined
    24 Mar '02
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 23:04
    First of all, don't protray the Jews as bloodthirsty. The Ammonites wanted to kill them all the time.

Secondly, for God to disregard the father's vow would be to condone oathbreaking (sin). As I said, God does not view death on earth as bad when it takes you to heaven. It's when you die here and go to hell that grieves him.
    God, I've really had enough of you. If I believed in hell I'd have you burning in the fires there for eternity, but I don't so the best I can hope for is that you get some unpleasant skin disease. And before the mods get excited, praying for dermatological conditions is not on the same scale as condoning child murder in cold blood.

Rich.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 23:11
    Originally posted by richhoey
    God, I've really had enough of you. If I believed in hell I'd have you burning in the fires there for eternity, but I don't so the best I can hope for is that you get some unpleasant skin disease. And before the mods get excited, praying for dermatological conditions is not on the same scale as condoning child murder in cold blood.

Rich.
    Gee if you're all worked up about THAT one, read his second post on this page!
  12. Joined
    24 Mar '02
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 23:21
    Gee if you're all worked up about THAT one, read his second post on this page!
    Yeah, but I bet he's itching as we speak.
  13. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 23:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 23:42
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Sometimes it is the obvious that escapes us. This IS just and internet chess site, opinions are like assholes, and you are an asshole.

I like it when things become obvious. Thanks for making it all clear. 😉

Best Regards and Biggest Thanks,

Omnislash 🙂
    Not too Christian there, Omnislash are we? I ain't Doctor Phil; why would I care about such a thing, even assuming he didn't make it up?
  15. Graceland.
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 23:48
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    So, God condoned human sacrifice as fulfillment of the vow.

And we all know that Jephthah's daughter didn't go to heaven
    because she didn't believe that Jesus was the Christ.

Nemesio

You're acting pretty stupid. Either purposefully or more simply, ignorance. Have you truely read the entire Bible ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree