1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 09:53
    Truth about yourself and God is actually simple and not complicated.

It can be very deep if you want it to be, and the Vedic teachings have millions of verses that can be very intricate and deep if thats your thing.

But understanding the truth of life may be summed up in the following few statements:

1. We are not this material body, but a spiritual being within, animating the body.

2. We are in this temporary world of birth, disease, old age and death, because we became envious of God and wanted to exist separately from God, so God created this material existence so we could be separate from him (at least think we are seperate)

3.We have been dying and taking birth in the material world for trillions of life times.

4. Everyone is eternal, and no matter what they do, they will always remain eternal, because thats their spiritual nature.

5. God is one, and religion is one, and that religion is the eternal occupation of the living entity, which is loving service to the Lord. (Santana Dhama)

6.The purpose of true religion is to inform the person of their spiritual nature, and to instruct them in the process of raising the consciousness to the transcendental platform of love of God........so they can return home, back to Godhead.

7. The Lord always gives mankind the Vedic teachings at the beginning of every new creation, so that the living entities who are ready to acknowledge God as Supreme, can revive their dormant loving sentiments with God, and return to their spiritual home.

8. There is no such thing as a Jew or Christian or Muslim or Buddhist or a Hindu in the mind of God, because these designations are man made labels of a temporary nature ( like clouds in the sky) that are here one minute and gone the next.

9. Our real identity is Aham Bramasmi or I am spirit soul, servant of God..... and of course one can give oneself a name in this world, but remembering that the name is just a label.

10. In the spiritual world God becomes the servant of you, and you become the servant of God, all in loving friendship.

11. All facility has been given to mankind, so they can play at being God themselves and Lording it over the material energy, God has given man the creative potency to create any life they want to without restriction, but God as the Super soul within the heart is always guiding the living entity as their very own consciousness......so they always know right from wrong, but this doesn't mean they always choose correctly, as we can see by the world that man has created for himself.

12. When a living entity wants to understand God and this world, the Lord directs him to the proper person or teachings, so they can make proper inquiry, but in this age of Kali Yuga, many persons are being lead to false religion, because of their insincerity, and when they become sincere they are lead to true spiritual teachings (Vedanta Sutra)

13. Those spiritual teachings give the process, by which the person can raise their consciousness to the transcendental platform........and that process is A. always read about the glories of the Lord in Vedanta Sutra. B. chant the names of the Lord constantly (Japa Mala) C. give up meat eating, gambling, intoxication and illicit sex, and over endeavoring for material acquisition. D. always entertain spiritual thoughts, and speaking spiritual topics. E. identifying oneself always as a spiritual being. F. avoid the association of materialistic persons and associate with spiritually minded persons. G. study the Vedanta Sutra to establish a firm understanding of ones constitutional spiritual position...... and so on.

This is the simple truth of the life we find ourselves in, and if anyone can apply themselves to the process of the spiritual life as briefly described, they will be on their way back home to Godhead.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 13:32
    did anyone noticed how his grammar substantially improved over the fe months he has been spamming us?

why do you think that is? could i please get some theories?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 14:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    did anyone noticed how his grammar substantially improved over the fe months he has been spamming us?

why do you think that is? could i please get some theories?
    When you cut & paste, you automatically inherit their grammar.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 14:15
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Truth about yourself and God is actually simple and not complicated.

It can be very deep if you want it to be, and the Vedic teachings have millions of verses that can be very intricate and deep if thats your thing.

But understanding the truth of life may be summed up in the following few statements:

1. We are not this material body, but a spirit ...[text shortened]... ess of the spiritual life as briefly described, they will be on their way back home to Godhead.
    Calling lies "simple truth" is one of the Serpent's methods.

Go on, dig your hole deeper.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 18:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    When you cut & paste, you automatically inherit their grammar.
    I only just figured out how to activate the spell check... thank you .
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 19:123 edits
    Calling lies "simple truth" is one of the Serpent's methods.

Go on, dig your hole deeper.
    Its a lie to tell people they only have one life.

Its a lie to tell people that they "are NOT" an eternal spiritual being by their very nature.

Its a lie to suggest that the Pope is a man of knowledge and purity.

Its a lie to tell people that killing animals is acceptable to God.

Its a lie to tell people that the murder of Jesus, will take away your sins.

Its a lie to tell people that Jesus is God, when he isn't.

Its a lie to tell people that Jesus did all the work, and you have nothing to do.

Its a lie to tell people that Jesus got up and walked away, after being dead for three days.

Its a lie to tell people that Jesus raised the dead and cured blindness and lameness and leprosy.

Its a lie to tell people that Adam and Eve are responsible for our sinful nature.

Its a lie to tell people that non Christians will burn in hell for eternity.

Its a lie to tell people that the Bible is the only word of God and that Christianity is the only way to God.

Its a lie to tell people that Noah put two of every species of animal on a big boat.

Its a lie to tell people that the world was created in six days (for the first time)... about 6500 years ago.

Its a lie to say that God is actually speaking to Moses in Leviticus and Numbers in the Bible.

Its a lie to tell people that all the dead and rotting Christian bodies in the grave, will one day come to life and go to Jesus.

And so on and so on.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 19:29

Its a lie to tell people that they "are NOT" an eternal spiritual being by their very nature.

Its a lie to tell people that the murder of Jesus, will take awa ...[text shortened]... stian bodies in the grave, will one day come to life and go to Jesus.

And so on and so on.
    You sure do know a lot about lying...
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 19:44
    I only just figured out how to activate the spell check... thank you .
    you only just figured out how to use a spell-checker and yet you expect people to accept your guidance on eternal life...?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 23:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    you only just figured out how to use a spell-checker and yet you expect people to accept your guidance on eternal life...?
    Still fault finding i see........I have only had a computer for less than 18 months, and I used the spell checker all the time in micro-soft word, but my browser for RHP didn't have a spell check facility.

I only just up-dated to Google chrome a few weeks ago, and now I have a spell check facility.

Why am I explaining this to you ...I dont know!
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 23:15
    Still fault finding i see........I have only had a computer for less than 18 months, and I used the spell checker all the time in micro-soft word, but my browser for RHP didn't have a spell check facility.

I only just up-dated to Google chrome a few weeks ago, and now I have a spell check facility.

Why don't you use the 'Truth-Checker' also?
    Does it complain too much?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 23:431 edit

Its a lie to tell people that the murder of Jesus, will take awa stian bodies in the grave, will one day come to life and go to Jesus.

And so on and so on.
    Okay, so you got 5 out of 16 right (in my opinion).

Still a horribly failing grade in my book (31.25% ).

Even the serpent tells just enough truth to make men wonder about the rest.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 00:06
    Okay, so you got 5 out of 16 right (in my opinion).

Still a horribly failing grade in my book (31.25% ).

Even the serpent tells just enough truth to make men wonder about the rest.
    "Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day"
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 17:312 edits
    Lao Tzu said, “One who uses many words, does not know.”
    He himself wrote five thousand characters! How embarrassing! 😉

If only he had had a spell-checker! Or if only character-writing had the same illusion of precision as word-writing, there might not be so many translations. Then folks couldn’t argue over which is the “only true one”™!

Spell-checking no more opens the mind than does holding “right opinions”.

“I didn’t understand a word she said, but, my!, wasn’t her grammar excellent!”

“Well, my dear, if you didn’t understand, then it must not have been ‘the truth’™! Therefore her grammar could not have been correct.”

“I understood her perfectly! Therefore, she must have been teaching ‘the truth’™!”

Of course, it’s “the truth”—it’s got the ™! (And it's spelled correctly!)

Shiva opens his eyes.
    Shiva closes his eyes.
    Where is the world,
    in between?

(And do you think[!]
    it’s spelt properly?) 😵
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 06:101 edit

What you call fault finding I call discernment; if you had any, you would have seen the humour/irony in my post.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 06:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What you call fault finding I call discernment; if you had any, you would have seen the humour/irony in my post.
    ..which is essential when dealing with this stuff.
    You heard my saying (about spiritual matters)?
    It goes like this: I'm serious about being not serious.
    Means if one is too serious about their ideas then they are on yet another dualistic track. You here me Vishva? Chill out. Throw out a couple of smileys, and fuse with what is, rather than cause furthur separation between you and the rest of the forum...😀 😀 🙂😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree