1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 02:41
    Originally posted by buckky
    We live on this little bitty planet out in the middle of nowhere, and we have it all chopped up into different countrys, and states, and cities, and you name it. Why don't we just call ourselves earthlings instead of the division ? Who cares what part of the earth you might be located on. Who cares what religion you belong to. Who cares what race you might be ...[text shortened]... My religion is better than your religion has caused many problems, and it seems to never end.
    That should tell you something. But what?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 02:50
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    When was the last human sacrifice made on a Hindu altar ? Can you point out any evidence of such an incident? Animal sacrifices are still occuring in isolated tribal dominated parts of India. Many NGOs have been working against that and this practice is dying out.
    http://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/joe/reuben2.html
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 02:561 edit
    We live on this little bitty planet out in the middle of nowhere, and we have it all chopped up into different countrys, and states, and cities, and you name it. Why don't we just call ourselves earthlings instead of the division ? Who cares what part of the earth you might be located on. Who cares what religion you belong to. Who cares what race you might be My religion is better than your religion has caused many problems, and it seems to never end.
    It is human nature to assign an adversary. That is a truth.

You can then try to make sense as to why, but more than likely we would disagree as to such.

Simply put, the best way to create unity between two parties is to attack both of them. Also, the best way to divide two parties is to take away an adversary of the two parties. If they have no adversary, they will create one themselves which will be themselves.
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 06:152 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/joe/reuben2.html
    You were talking about human sacrifices made in the name of religion esp.Hindu religion.What web page you have referred to gives details of the Hindu-Muslim riots in India mainly the Gujarat state riots which started in the wake of the burning of a train coach full of Hindu pilgrims returning from Ayodhya at Godhra, a town in Gujarat.The web page starts from the murder of Mahatma Gandhi by Nathuram Godse,a Hindu in retaliation of what Godse called the butchering of thousands of Hindus when they were fleeing the newly created state of Pakistan.Godse held the Mahatma responsible for the creation of Pakistan. This happened in 1948 i.e. 63 years ago and is no more relevant to Indian polity,let alone to Hindus as a religious community.
    I do not see what Hindu Religion as such has to do with the Gujarat riots except that it was the Hindu mobs who killed Muslims in what they took as retribution against Hindu men,women and children burnt in the train coach. Incidentally the Godhra train coach burning case is over with scores of the arsonists( all Muslims) getting the death penalty against which they have gone in appeal.The case was investigated by a Special Investigating Team appointed by the Govt. of India ruled by Congress Party and not B.J.P. and not by the state govt. of Gujarat.Similarly several people have been meted out punishment for various lengths of imprisonment in the several Gujarat riots cases in progress.Hindu Muslim riots have marred the picture of India as a peaceful and democratic, secular country.The riots are a blot on the glorious history of India as a country full of tolerant and civilised people. But Hindu religion as such has never been the cause of any of these riots,let me clarify.Hindu-Muslim enmity has deep seated roots originating from the draconian Muslim kings' rule of India for 1500 years before the British rule. British rule exacerbated the enmity by creating separate electorates for the Muslims etc. and cleverly exploiting the desire of some Muslims to have an independent country of their own.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 08:16
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    You were talking about human sacrifices made in the name of religion esp.Hindu religion.What web page you have referred to gives details of the Hindu-Muslim riots in India mainly the Gujarat state riots which started in the wake of the burning of a train coach full of Hindu pilgrims returning from Ayodhya at Godhra, a town in Gujarat.The web page starts f ...[text shortened]... and cleverly exploiting the desire of some Muslims to have an independent country of their own.
    Do you deny the existence of Hindu militants in the present day?

Not trying to knock Hinduism particularly, just pointing out some people, a minority, of all religions are militant. The thing most telling for me is how a god would allow such things to exist. The answer for me is all religions are man made and therefore not under any god's rule or rules. It just goes straight to every man for himself, every religion for itself, some more than others. Clearly Islam is not the religion of peace touted by them, when they kill for apostasy and stone adulterous females but leave the males pretty much alone, in Saudi, women not even being allowed to drive. The blatant subjugation of women cannot come from a god, in spite of the natural law thing of Islam, separation of duties of man and women and all that.

Let me ask you this of Hinduism, and an honest answer would be appreciated:
    How many women, as a percentage of the total population, are in the upper bounds of leadership? Not middle leaders, but top level leaders? The answer to that question will decide how biased Hindus are towards women.

It is clear as a bell how high women can go in Catholicism, in Judaism women are not even allowed to worship in the same place as men. God told them that? I doubt that very much.

Such blatant sexual bias even in religions such as Bahai tells me none of them came from some god or other.

If there is a god, or gods, it seems clear to me they consider us just as valuable as dinosaurs and you all know how THAT turned out. We could turn out exactly the same and no respectable god would come down and lift so much as a wing or other appendage to help. The most likely response would be, Glad that phase of Earth is over.....
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 09:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 11:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 11:25
    Do you deny the existence of Hindu militants in the present day?

Not trying to knock Hinduism particularly, just pointing out some people, a minority, of all religions are militant. The thing most telling for me is how a god would allow such things to exist. The answer for me is all religions are man made and therefore not under any god's rule or rules. ...[text shortened]... her appendage to help. The most likely response would be, Glad that phase of Earth is over.....
    I have tried to post a reply twice but for reasons unknown,both were termed as inappropriate !
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 15:25
    The thing is, you don't feel threatened because christianity has toned down a bit. Try what you said back in the year 1500, see how long you would live. Does the term Inquisition come to mind? How bout the witch hunts in the 1700's?

How bout the crusades a thousand years ago?

Even now, religious right fanatics have killed abortion clinic doctors, so a ...[text shortened]... stasy there, 'There is always the 45 solution' Unquote. Saw that memo with my own eyes.
    Since we live in a more enlightened era, I choose not to rehash the horrors of the past. Nor do I wish to split hairs and blame certain denominations for the various atrocities you mentioned (though it's a valid point.) Suffice it to say, Christians are laid back--they don't hang witches or "Inquisit" people anymore. The act of a lone gunman killing a doctor, while abhorrent, is not the fault of religion any more than the attempted assassination of Kathy Giffords can be blamed on Republicans.
    If you want to debate the past, I'll politely pass. The present and future is what interests me.
    With respect,
  10. St. Peter's
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 16:53
    We live on this little bitty planet out in the middle of nowhere, and we have it all chopped up into different countrys, and states, and cities, and you name it. Why don't we just call ourselves earthlings instead of the division ? Who cares what part of the earth you might be located on. Who cares what religion you belong to. Who cares what race you might be ...[text shortened]... My religion is better than your religion has caused many problems, and it seems to never end.
    war is rarely (read never) ever about anything other than economics, When you have digested that truth realized that historians with a particular bent have lied to you, then you can begin your journey towards wisdom. Until then you are lost.
  11. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 21:40
    Originally posted by Doward
    war is rarely (read never) ever about anything other than economics, When you have digested that truth realized that historians with a particular bent have lied to you, then you can begin your journey towards wisdom. Until then you are lost.
    The historians have told you the truth though ?
  12. St. Peter's
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 21:44
    The historians have told you the truth though ?
    you're just reading the wrong history books.
  13. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 00:52
    Originally posted by Doward
    you're just reading the wrong history books.
    Everyone thinks their history books are the correct history books.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 01:17
    Everyone thinks their history books are the correct history books.
    Yeah, but which one's are the right ones?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 02:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yeah, but which one's are the right ones?
    Usually a bit of truth in anything that endures

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree