1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    25 Jun '11 00:55
    We live on this little bitty planet out in the middle of nowhere, and we have it all chopped up into different countrys, and states, and cities, and you name it. Why don't we just call ourselves earthlings instead of the division ? Who cares what part of the earth you might be located on. Who cares what religion you belong to. Who cares what race you might be. It seems humans avoid Unity at all cost. What is it about wanting to belong to a special club ? Most of the fighting, and wars have been about my bunch is better than your bunch, and I'll kill anybody that does not agree. My religion is better than your religion has caused many problems, and it seems to never end.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52615
    25 Jun '11 01:21
    Originally posted by buckky
    We live on this little bitty planet out in the middle of nowhere, and we have it all chopped up into different countrys, and states, and cities, and you name it. Why don't we just call ourselves earthlings instead of the division ? Who cares what part of the earth you might be located on. Who cares what religion you belong to. Who cares what race you might be ...[text shortened]... My religion is better than your religion has caused many problems, and it seems to never end.
    All true but there are a thousand different cultures on the planet, what does a plains indian have in common with a Parisian? What does an Inuit have in common with tribes in Madagascar? What would a North Korean have to do to get along with aborigines in Australia?

    Every culture thinks its own is superior, not much way of changing that. The religious problem, as you state, fight to the death, intifada, crusades, inquisition, destroying cultures far older, humans are a competitive bunch, culturally and individually.

    If there was a galactic IQ test, what do you think Earthlings would score?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91583
    25 Jun '11 01:34
    ..English should be spoken by everyone and the diversity of cultures kept but also unified in what it means to be human.
    We would be identify as humans because we all share similar human experiences.
    We would stop being pawns in someone else's game and become our own kings. The fledgling science of modern phychology would evolve and come to the fore as the unifying aspect of all people on this little planet.
    (Going to check out /buy your music this week guys)
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    25 Jun '11 02:261 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    ..English should be spoken by everyone and the diversity of cultures kept but also unified in what it means to be human.
    We would be identify as humans because we all share similar human experiences.
    We would stop being pawns in someone else's game and become our own kings. The fledgling science of modern phychology would evolve and come to the fore a ...[text shortened]... pect of all people on this little planet.
    (Going to check out /buy your music this week guys)
    I doubt that modern phychology could evolve enough to help anyone.
    It appears to be devolving instead. I also doubt the English will be
    accepted and spoken by everyone. And you can forget about becoming
    your own king for there will always be someone that will try to
    lord over you. Our only hope to save this world is if Jesus returns like
    He said He would and does it for us.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91583
    25 Jun '11 02:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I doubt that modern phychology could evolve enough to help anyone.
    It appears to be devolving instead. I also doubt the English will be
    accepted and spoken by everyone. And you can forget about becoming
    your own king for there will always be someone that will try to
    lord over you. Our only hope to save this world is if Jesus returns like
    He said He would and does it for us.
    Yeah, we got a hologram for you guys... sit back relax, and enjoy the show. Just add Jesus and you are saved!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91583
    25 Jun '11 02:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I doubt that modern phychology could evolve enough to help anyone.
    It appears to be devolving instead. I also doubt the English will be
    accepted and spoken by everyone. And you can forget about becoming
    your own king for there will always be someone that will try to
    lord over you. Our only hope to save this world is if Jesus returns like
    He said He would and does it for us.
    "modern psycology" has already helped many people...
  7. weedhopper
    Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    8062
    25 Jun '11 04:05
    Not all religions are warlike. I can think of SOME that will cut off your head unless you swear allegiance to Mohammed and Allah, but I have yet to meet a single Catholic or Protestant Christian of ANY stripe who threatened me with physical violence if I didn't "have the right answer" to his question. As a Christian, I don't go to people's houses. interrupt their dinner or TV time by knocking on their doors and asking prying questions. And I think I'm in the majority when it comes to Christians. So, yes, religion has been a cause of countless deaths in wars, A: it is far from holding the monopoly on death and destruction, and B: Not All religions are responsible for ALL the violence.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52615
    25 Jun '11 05:211 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Not all religions are warlike. I can think of SOME that will cut off your head unless you swear allegiance to Mohammed and Allah, but I have yet to meet a single Catholic or Protestant Christian of ANY stripe who threatened me with physical violence if I didn't "have the right answer" to his question. As a Christian, I don't go to people's houses. interr on death and destruction, and B: Not All religions are responsible for ALL the violence.
    The thing is, you don't feel threatened because christianity has toned down a bit. Try what you said back in the year 1500, see how long you would live. Does the term Inquisition come to mind? How bout the witch hunts in the 1700's?

    How bout the crusades a thousand years ago?

    Even now, religious right fanatics have killed abortion clinic doctors, so ask HIM how safe he felt around christians.

    And btw, I am not just singling out christianity (which should really be called Paulanity), Islam is not the nice religion of peace they keep touting. We just saw on the net a girl getting stoned by the muslims because she was convicted of adultery.

    That is pretty up close and personal.

    They also kill you if you renounce your faith in islam and try something else, whatever that else is doesn't matter. It's called apostasy and people die from it.

    Hindu's are not all lovey dovey either, many deaths heaped on that alter.

    Probably the least violent religion is Jainism, they don't even like to kill flies.

    Wouldn't be surprised if they make the occasional exception even there.

    Then there is Scientology, a real nutcase religion. I personally saw a memo from L Ron about apostasy there, 'There is always the 45 solution' Unquote. Saw that memo with my own eyes.
  9. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    36544
    25 Jun '11 07:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The thing is, you don't feel threatened because christianity has toned down a bit. Try what you said back in the year 1500, see how long you would live. Does the term Inquisition come to mind? How bout the witch hunts in the 1700's?

    How bout the crusades a thousand years ago?

    Even now, religious right fanatics have killed abortion clinic doctors, so a ...[text shortened]... stasy there, 'There is always the 45 solution' Unquote. Saw that memo with my own eyes.
    When was the last human sacrifice made on a Hindu altar ? Can you point out any evidence of such an incident? Animal sacrifices are still occuring in isolated tribal dominated parts of India. Many NGOs have been working against that and this practice is dying out.
  10. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    25 Jun '11 12:37
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Not all religions are warlike. I can think of SOME that will cut off your head unless you swear allegiance to Mohammed and Allah, but I have yet to meet a single Catholic or Protestant Christian of ANY stripe who threatened me with physical violence if I didn't "have the right answer" to his question. As a Christian, I don't go to people's houses. interr ...[text shortened]... on death and destruction, and B: Not All religions are responsible for ALL the violence.
    Telling some they will rot in Hell inless they become Christian is violent and savage.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52615
    25 Jun '11 15:56
    Originally posted by buckky
    Telling some they will rot in Hell inless they become Christian is violent and savage.
    My grandmother did even worse, when I was 8 years old, she told me I would rot in hell unless I was BAPTIZED in the PENTACOSTAL way, not that wimpy Lutheran deal....
  12. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    25 Jun '11 16:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My grandmother did even worse, when I was 8 years old, she told me I would rot in hell unless I was BAPTIZED in the PENTACOSTAL way, not that wimpy Lutheran deal....
    Everyone wants to believe their little club is the best club. This is why gated communitys have become popular. Another way to seperate from each other.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    25 Jun '11 18:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My grandmother did even worse, when I was 8 years old, she told me I would rot in hell unless I was BAPTIZED in the PENTACOSTAL way, not that wimpy Lutheran deal....
    Looks like her prophesy may come true, unless you change your ways
    and start believing in the truth and accept Jesus as your savior.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148425
    25 Jun '11 18:26
    Originally posted by buckky
    We live on this little bitty planet out in the middle of nowhere, and we have it all chopped up into different countrys, and states, and cities, and you name it. Why don't we just call ourselves earthlings instead of the division ? Who cares what part of the earth you might be located on. Who cares what religion you belong to. Who cares what race you might be ...[text shortened]... My religion is better than your religion has caused many problems, and it seems to never end.
    It isn't just group against group it is control over one's own group too, through
    out time we have abused ourselves by forcing others to serve the whims of a
    few. The group against group we also do to ourselves, as we are one people
    we still fight among ourselves as if some of the things about us are more
    important than others, like common skin color, or where we were born.

    A common umbrella that unites us beyond our petty differences is required;
    however, if one group or person who is simply seeking dominance over others
    for "peace's sake" will only be more of the same. We are either one, or we are
    not. The only place I can see us as really one is in God, where the most
    important law for us all is to love God with all our hearts and each other as
    ourselves.
    Kelly
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    26 Jun '11 02:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Looks like her prophesy may come true, unless you change your ways
    and start believing in the truth and accept Jesus as your savior.
    Grandma knows best. Hell isn't such a bad place compared to waterboarding.. Some people just deserve Hell and you might be one of them.


    The idea that a God could be so nuts is an idea that needs to be examined.
Back to Top