1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 09:17
    Snakes must be very jealous creatures...
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 12:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Maybe snakes just never got a fair trial.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 23:35
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Maybe snakes just never got a fair trial.
    ..no limbs and all that...
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 23:49
    In what way?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 01:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    In what way?
    no limbs and all that ... slithereing around. How they must want some arms or something? You got any biblical annalogies?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 02:49
    no limbs and all that ... slithereing around. How they must want some arms or something? You got any biblical annalogies?
    I doubt they miss what they don't have. Probably not much thinking process in that little brain.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 05:12
    I doubt they miss what they don't have. Probably not much thinking process in that little brain.
    How do you know that?
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 06:092 edits
    I know...poor snakes are helpless.

YouTube
    YouTube&feature=fvw
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 13:38
    ..no limbs and all that...
    If you read Genesis, you'll see that the serpent must have originally had limbs of some sort. Because according to Genesis 3:14 -

The Lord God said to the serpent, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

The serpent doesn't 'go upon his belly' until after he has been cursed. In R. Crumb's Book of Genesis, he illustrates the serpent as a sort of lizard man who is transformed into a limbless snake.

Now, if the serpent had had a fair trial, he might have retained his limbs.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 13:56
    If you read Genesis, you'll see that the serpent must have originally had limbs of some sort. Because according to Genesis 3:14 -

The Lord God said to the serpent, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

The serpent doesn't 'go upon his belly' u ...[text shortened]... less snake.

Being born a snake in this life is akin to going to purgatory to atone for your sins. Thats if you believe in reincarnation
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 18:52

The serpent doesn't 'go upon his belly' u ...[text shortened]... less snake.

True even though it wasn't the snakes fault as it was just being used by Satan. But I would think that Jehovah did that to the snake to show his disgust for the whole event and as a reminder to humans and all other spirit creatures to remember this. After all most humans have a real fear or lothing for snakes and not so much for a lizzard.
  12. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 19:39
    True even though it wasn't the snakes fault as it was just being used by Satan. But I would think that Jehovah did that to the snake to show his disgust for the whole event and as a reminder to humans and all other spirit creatures to remember this. After all most humans have a real fear or lothing for snakes and not so much for a lizzard.
    A snake sized lizard sounds pretty damn scary actually.
    But there's also a lot of people fascinated with snakes so they must be devils

light fun 🙂
  13. Joined
    06 Jan '10
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 20:14
    Well animals actually don't even really have souls. But, I don't think it was Satan using the body of a snake, therefore making it unfair to it. I think Satan was the snake, thats who he was at that point of time on that place in earth. Complicated enough to explain, but what I mean is, Satan can come in all sorts of forms, and in this case, he came as a snake. Well I mean, he first came as a serpent, and then was cursed into a snake. But through time and adaption, I don't think snakes really care.

And I don't know if there were snakes yet at that time, maybe it was all serpents, and then after Satan, the other serpents weren't made into snakes, but that was the start of snakes? I don't know really. I just don't think they are necessarily jealous creatures.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 20:31
    Snakes are reptiles and I don't think they care. LOL 🙂 It's metaphor I think.

Manny
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 21:19
    Originally posted by meihliabiye
    Well animals actually don't even really have souls. But, I don't think it was Satan using the body of a snake, therefore making it unfair to it. I think Satan was the snake, thats who he was at that point of time on that place in earth. Complicated enough to explain, but what I mean is, Satan can come in all sorts of forms, and in this case, he came as a ...[text shortened]... f snakes? I don't know really. I just don't think they are necessarily jealous creatures.
    Actually all living things have souls. Gen 1:20-25. The Hebrew word "ne'phesh" is used for soul.
    Lev 24:17,18.
    Rev 16:3

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree