1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91614
    09 Jan '10 09:17
    Snakes must be very jealous creatures...
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    09 Jan '10 12:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Snakes must be very jealous creatures...
    Maybe snakes just never got a fair trial.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91614
    09 Jan '10 23:35
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Maybe snakes just never got a fair trial.
    ..no limbs and all that...
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Jan '10 23:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Snakes must be very jealous creatures...
    In what way?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91614
    10 Jan '10 01:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    In what way?
    no limbs and all that ... slithereing around. How they must want some arms or something? You got any biblical annalogies?
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    10 Jan '10 02:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    no limbs and all that ... slithereing around. How they must want some arms or something? You got any biblical annalogies?
    I doubt they miss what they don't have. Probably not much thinking process in that little brain.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91614
    10 Jan '10 05:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I doubt they miss what they don't have. Probably not much thinking process in that little brain.
    How do you know that?
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    10 Jan '10 06:092 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    no limbs and all that ... slithereing around. How they must want some arms or something? You got any biblical annalogies?
    I know...poor snakes are helpless.

    YouTube
    YouTube&feature=fvw
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    10 Jan '10 13:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    ..no limbs and all that...
    If you read Genesis, you'll see that the serpent must have originally had limbs of some sort. Because according to Genesis 3:14 -

    The Lord God said to the serpent, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

    The serpent doesn't 'go upon his belly' until after he has been cursed. In R. Crumb's Book of Genesis, he illustrates the serpent as a sort of lizard man who is transformed into a limbless snake.

    Now, if the serpent had had a fair trial, he might have retained his limbs.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91614
    10 Jan '10 13:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If you read Genesis, you'll see that the serpent must have originally had limbs of some sort. Because according to Genesis 3:14 -

    The Lord God said to the serpent, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

    The serpent doesn't 'go upon his belly' u ...[text shortened]... less snake.

    Now, if the serpent had had a fair trial, he might have retained his limbs.
    Being born a snake in this life is akin to going to purgatory to atone for your sins. Thats if you believe in reincarnation
  11. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    10 Jan '10 18:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If you read Genesis, you'll see that the serpent must have originally had limbs of some sort. Because according to Genesis 3:14 -

    The Lord God said to the serpent, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

    The serpent doesn't 'go upon his belly' u ...[text shortened]... less snake.

    Now, if the serpent had had a fair trial, he might have retained his limbs.
    True even though it wasn't the snakes fault as it was just being used by Satan. But I would think that Jehovah did that to the snake to show his disgust for the whole event and as a reminder to humans and all other spirit creatures to remember this. After all most humans have a real fear or lothing for snakes and not so much for a lizzard.
  12. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Joined
    11 Dec '09
    Moves
    14434
    10 Jan '10 19:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    True even though it wasn't the snakes fault as it was just being used by Satan. But I would think that Jehovah did that to the snake to show his disgust for the whole event and as a reminder to humans and all other spirit creatures to remember this. After all most humans have a real fear or lothing for snakes and not so much for a lizzard.
    A snake sized lizard sounds pretty damn scary actually.
    But there's also a lot of people fascinated with snakes so they must be devils

    light fun 🙂
  13. Joined
    06 Jan '10
    Moves
    51
    10 Jan '10 20:14
    Well animals actually don't even really have souls. But, I don't think it was Satan using the body of a snake, therefore making it unfair to it. I think Satan was the snake, thats who he was at that point of time on that place in earth. Complicated enough to explain, but what I mean is, Satan can come in all sorts of forms, and in this case, he came as a snake. Well I mean, he first came as a serpent, and then was cursed into a snake. But through time and adaption, I don't think snakes really care.

    And I don't know if there were snakes yet at that time, maybe it was all serpents, and then after Satan, the other serpents weren't made into snakes, but that was the start of snakes? I don't know really. I just don't think they are necessarily jealous creatures.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140191
    10 Jan '10 20:31
    Snakes are reptiles and I don't think they care. LOL 🙂 It's metaphor I think.




    Manny
  15. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    10 Jan '10 21:19
    Originally posted by meihliabiye
    Well animals actually don't even really have souls. But, I don't think it was Satan using the body of a snake, therefore making it unfair to it. I think Satan was the snake, thats who he was at that point of time on that place in earth. Complicated enough to explain, but what I mean is, Satan can come in all sorts of forms, and in this case, he came as a ...[text shortened]... f snakes? I don't know really. I just don't think they are necessarily jealous creatures.
    Actually all living things have souls. Gen 1:20-25. The Hebrew word "ne'phesh" is used for soul.
    Lev 24:17,18.
    Rev 16:3
Back to Top