1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 21:191 edit
    @divegeester

And you are correct.

And I suspect that you knew that anyway when you made the charge that I said this OP was profound.

Do you really think the topic of your OP is “profound”?

Was then unnecessary.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 21:242 edits
    @FMF

One man's 'going straight to the heart of things by cutting through all the pretentious and convoluted duckspeak' can be another man's 'dumbing down'.

One man's poverty of experience may also be that same man's judging of another's helping as "duckspeak" "convolution" and "pretention".
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 21:301 edit
    My chess scores are mediocre at best.
    But I like the game.

Cracking books diagrams and explanations of long games, and going over charts just doesn't interest me. Long explanations I find convoluted.

Actually they are not convoluted or pretentious. I'm just lazy. Which means I probably will remain a mediocre chess player for a good long time.

We have some here who don't want to go beneath any surfaces to really grasp what is involved in being a normal Christian lover of God.

"Don't bore me with pretentious long convolutions. I just need to know enough that I am on the right path to stay away from God."
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 21:33
    Expected push back:

"Oh, so you are a successful Christian? Bring out the hot chains, space aliens and torture forks guys."
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 21:34
    @sonship [i]said[/iOne man's poverty of experience may also be that same man's judging of another's helping as "duckspeak" "convolution" and "pretention".
    I do not have a "poverty of experience" sonship. You have the terminology you are employing to express your perspective ~ "sniffle" ~ and I am offering you mine: "duckspeak".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 21:37
    @sonship said
    My chess scores are mediocre at best.
    But I like the game.

Cracking books diagrams and explanations of long games, and going over charts just doesn't interest me. Long explanations I find convoluted.

Actually they are not convoluted or pretentious. I'm just lazy. Which means I probably will remain a mediocre chess player for a good long time.

We have some here wh ...[text shortened]... us long convolutions. I just need to know enough that I am on the right path to stay away from God."
    This is a debate and discussion message board sonship so dissent and disagreement are par for the course.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:22
    @FMF

I do not have a "poverty of experience" sonship.

You do and you wear it as a badge of honor.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:23
    @FMF

This is a debate and discussion message board sonship so dissent and disagreement are par for the course

So that's why I disagree with you. Poverty of experience, by choice ... and mighty proud of it.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 00:26
    @sonship said
    You do and you wear it as a badge of honor.
    No, sonship, I don't have a "poverty of experience". Not at all. So that ad hominem of yours is not going to have any effect on the different perspectives I have compared to you. You're barking up the wrong tree harping on about the "poverty of experience" of people who disagree with you or who have different beliefs.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 00:301 edit
    @sonship said
    So that's why I disagree with you. Poverty of experience, by choice ... and mighty proud of it.
    I've may well have lived and experienced a far more vital and varied life than you and it may have made me a more insightful and balanced individual than you, both spiritually and intellectually, but we simply can't know that, so I don't make the claim. Nor do I claim that you have a "poverty of experience". Your clumsy ad hominem in the face of dissent is not going to work.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 01:262 edits
    @FMF

Spicy little descriptive ad homs that you craft together like a words smith haven't persuaded many here of your much greater insight.

You'll come up with some new adverbial darts probably in your next post. "sanctimonious ... duckspeak ... " calling this words smithing evidence of "disagreement" of "well balanced" life experience is like a joke.

You're just a black hole of wild cynicism about the Gospel.

I bet you couldn't get two people from your past to come here and vouch for the fact that you were once a serious disciple of Christ. I mean other then cynical unbelievers infected with your same skepticism.

I could list a fifty people who I have not spoken to in ten years who could vouch for that fact that I was a genuine Christian.

I don't regard your lodsided scortched earth atheism as "balanced" by any conceivable imagination. I regard it as obsessive and delusional.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 01:33
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Spicy little descriptive ad homs that you craft together like a words smith haven't persuaded many here of your much greater insight.

You'll come up with some new adverbial darts probably in your next post. "sanctimonious ... duckspeak ... " calling this words smithing evidence of "disagreement" of "well balanced" life experience is like a joke.

Your jus ...[text shortened]... earth atheism as "balanced" by any conceivable imagination. I regard it as obsessive and delusional.
    "Sanctimonious duckspeak" is my description of a lot of the assertions you make - that you type and post - about our shared reality. It's my description of their content and how they come across. I don't think your writing is caused by something along the lines of a "poverty of experience". Just as what I write - which you may critique as you wish for their content and tone - is not caused by a "poverty of experience" on my part. I have no reason to believe that we don't have plenty of life experience.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 01:35
    @sonship said
    You're just a black hole of wild cynicism about the Gospel.
    Well, I am not a Christian anymore and so we have different perspectives.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 01:37
    @sonship said
    I bet you couldn't get two people from your past to come here and vouch for the fact that you were once a serious disciple of Christ.
    You want people I know to join this website and talk to you about me?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 01:38
    @sonship said
    I could list fifty people who I have not spoken to in ten years who could vouch for that fact that I was a genuine Christian.
    And?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree