1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 02:31
    @sonship said
    You've been challenged to do the same uncumbersome reference. What did they believe where you spent your " I was a Christian " days ? Then we can see what YOU believed at that time or get a general idea.
    I spent my Christian years in the UK, Japan, Australia and Japan. And also here in Indonesia. I am not putting you in touch with anyone I know. It's not going to happen, sonship.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 02:33
    @sonship said
    Let's see if FMF can at least point us to where he had Christian fellowship.
    In the countries I listed. That's plenty enough personal information from me. You are not going to have any contact or interaction with anyone I know, at least not facilitated by me.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 02:34
    @sonship said
    @FMF

You are actually asking to make contact with people I know and have known in the past?

I agree that seeking their permission is cumbersome.
    I am not going to do it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 02:59
    @FMF

You cannot even link us to a Statement of Faith disturbing NO ONE, imposing on NO ONE ??

In your own words then ...

your behaviour and demeanour are certainly interesting.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 03:071 edit
    @sonship said
    You cannot even link us to a Statement of Faith disturbing NO ONE, imposing on NO ONE ??
    I don't want to. You are not going to have anything whatsoever to do with anyone I know aside from the people on this message board. You are not going to obtain anyone's name or address or anything along these lines. The fact that you might be willing to provide such information is irrelevant. All the personal information you are going to get is what I choose to share here in my posts.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 03:08
    Gosh. This has taken a peculiar turn.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 07:11
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

And you are correct.

And I suspect that you knew that anyway when you made the charge that I said this OP was profound.

Do you really think the topic of your OP is “profound”?

Was then unnecessary.
    What is your snide point with this thread?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 07:151 edit
    @sonship said
    Icould list a fifty people who I have not spoken to in ten years who could vouch for that fact that I was a genuine Christian.
    Go on then, list them please.

You are challenging FMF, so let’s see your list.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 21:39
    Thread update:

Following thorough research, it has now been confirmed that sniffle' is 'not' the opposite of waffle.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 22:12
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Oh.

Close thread. And no more sniffling whatever its the opposite of.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 07:57
    @sonship said
    I could list a fifty people who I have not spoken to in ten years who could vouch for that fact that I was a genuine Christian.
    Go on then, list them...

This is just another empty vainglorious claim by you.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 08:35
    @sonship said
    I define "Sniffle" as the tendency and dubious "skill" of some posters to take a profound subject and immediately dumb it down to its most superficial treatment.

Here's a good example of dumbing DOWN an issue of the Christian faith to "SNIFFLE" by a master of it,

[quote] You want immediate answer to a question? ... god did it.
    You want immediate justification for ...[text shortened]... m it all up with a cheap crack as the end all of the matter.

Sniffle is the opposite of Waffle.
    this also reminds me of the "nothing buttery" fallacy where people take a very complex idea and practice reductions to the absurd.

Definitely a great concept that we should cite whenever we see it occurring.

While "waffling" can be annoying, at least it has the goal of elucidating a point adequately to facilitate proper discussion of it.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 08:43
    @Philokalia

While "waffling" can be annoying, at least it has the goal of elucidating a point adequately to facilitate proper discussion of it.

That is usually my purpose when going further to elaborate on what I am explaining.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 09:36
    @philokalia said
    this also reminds me of the "nothing buttery" fallacy where people take a very complex idea and practice reductions to the absurd.
    Can you give a forum example of this please?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 11:34
    @philokalia said
    Absurd notions are often disguised as "very complex ideas" by their proponents. If it's been going on for centuries, the present-day proponents of absurd notions are often absolutely convinced that the ideas they are propagating are "very complex".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree