12 Mar '17 22:17
    froth only lasts for so long.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 01:371 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah I know, you want toknow of differing opinions that still agree with your overall theology.

And I'm still saying that about the "Christians" .
    That's not really so. I started the thread to discuss opinions on any spiritual subject. If you noticed I tried a few times to just answer with a yes or no answer as I would like the discussion to be with others involved, not just everyone asking me questions. But it seems by the regular three musketeers don't want that to happen as I've tried many times over the years to do this. It always seems to be me defending the some old grumblings by the same old group. If they don't agree with what I say, that's fine. Let it be and move on and let others join in. But no, not here.
    It would seem this goes both ways as far as your comment about them not agreeing with our views? They do the same thing to us.
    It gets really old but on the other hand the message the JW'S have seems to raise this kind of feedback. Hum.....I wonder why?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 02:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I started the thread to discuss opinions on any spiritual subject. If you noticed I tried a few times to just answer with a yes or no answer as I would like the discussion to be with others involved, not just everyone asking me questions.
    I tried to discuss Ecclesiastes 12:12 with you but you went into a flurry of deflection, evasion, and a peculiar playing of the Victim Card... yet again. You refuse to discuss anything properly time and time again, and then at some point you start claiming that you have already discussed it, when, in reality, you seem to spend 90% of your time here steadfastly trying not to discuss things.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 02:081 edit
    That's not really so. I started the thread to discuss opinions on any spiritual subject. If you noticed I tried a few times to just answer with a yes or no answer as I would like the discussion to be with others involved, not just everyone asking me questions. But it seems by the regular three musketeers don't want that to happen as I've tried many time ...[text shortened]... other hand the message the JW'S have seems to raise this kind of feedback. Hum.....I wonder why?
    Kinda weird that I was responding Robbie Carrobie, just goes to back up my claim that the only opinions that you entertain are the ones that equate with your religion.

My opinions? No one really cares. I really don't expect any backup at all, and if I can make someone think or smile is enough for me.

So what do you guys make of meditation? In my view there is not much else to make any spiritual progress.
    Well there are many other things but most of them lead to reflection, contemplation and eventually meditation.
    Having said that not everyone is the same and may well get the same benefit out of chanting or yoga.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 02:11
    That's not really so. I started the thread to discuss opinions on any spiritual subject. If you noticed I tried a few times to just answer with a yes or no answer as I would like the discussion to be with others involved, not just everyone asking me questions. But it seems by the regular three musketeers don't want that to happen as I've tried many time ...[text shortened]... other hand the message the JW'S have seems to raise this kind of feedback. Hum.....I wonder why?
    If you are going to align yourself with the JWs it seems hard to not call you out on your views when discussing any other opinions.
    I did notice the way the thread went.
    That's spirituality for ya 😕
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 02:19
    If you are going to align yourself with the JWs it seems hard to not call you out on your views when discussing any other opinions.
    I did notice the way the thread went.
    That's spirituality for ya 😕
    Why does somebody need to be "called out?" Again most here don't agree with the JW's, nothing new there. But just a normal discussion, if that's even possible, no matter what religion or beliefs one has. I guess it's just impossible for some.
    And if it's not that, one here feels the need to correct my grammar. Big deal, get over it and be respectful.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 02:26
    Big deal, get over it and be respectful.
    When you process dissent and diversity by talking about "Satan" and "evil" and whatnot [while obviously referring to people who disagree with you], is that an example of you telling yourself "Big deal, get over it and be respectful"?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 06:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hilarious I am sure people were saying exactly the same thing about Christians a millennia ago.

But we want to hear what your views are, for we know that people everywhere are talking against this sect - Acts 28:22

ka-ching!
    Is this why you think JWs are the only real Christians, so that you can claim this persecution only for yourselves? That's quite a joke.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 06:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Is this why you think JWs are the only real Christians, so that you can claim this persecution only for yourselves? That's quite a joke.
    Your name will also go on the ignore list
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 07:15
    Why does somebody need to be "called out?" Again most here don't agree with the JW's, nothing new there. But just a normal discussion, if that's even possible, no matter what religion or beliefs one has. I guess it's just impossible for some.
    And if it's not that, one here feels the need to correct my grammar. Big deal, get over it and be respectful.
    Why are people Called out?

I guess cause its a debates forum.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 12:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I have not claimed that at all and its not entirely clear how you could reasonably or rationally deduce it from my text. Then again logic is not really your forte, is it.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 14:13
    Why are people Called out?

I guess cause its a debates forum.
    Ummm, that term if it's used against you seems a little force full I think. Perhaps if all were to just simply ask a question in a decent and respectful manor and then after a calm debate/discussion where questions and answers are explained, that should be a good time to end that questioning, But no, these threads take off and get ridiculously combative to the point that no one is answering anything and then the stupid name calling starts.
    I'm sick of these immature games and "we all" need to act like the adults we are.....
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 14:17
    Ummm, that term if it's used against you seems a little force full I think. Perhaps if all were to just simply ask a question in a decent and respectful manor and then after a calm debate/discussion where questions and answers are explained, that should be a good time to end that questioning, But no, these threads take off and get ridiculously combative ...[text shortened]... tarts.
    I'm sick of these immature games and "we all" need to act like the adults we are.....
    You are doing a lot of wittering about how much a victim you are, and virtually no discussing of the topic. I have put several straight forward questions to you and you have fobbed them all off.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 15:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are doing a lot of wittering about how much a victim you are, and virtually no discussing of the topic. I have put several straight forward questions to you and you have fobbed them all off.
    I honestly believe Galveston starts these threads in order to be a sort of pseudo punch-bag for Jehovah.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 20:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your name will also go on the ignore list
    One can only hope.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree