1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 12:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Amen.
    I'd maybe prefer something a bit more secular, like "Lovely Jubbly!" or "Oi! Oi, goowon my son!!" but I'll settle for "Amen".
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 12:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sorry i have no idea what you are slobbering about. compactness and exceptionalism? Sounds like a loaded question dressed up in unadulterated flowery verbosity. Perhaps a more pertinent question would be, do you ever ask honest questions, ones that don't contain loaded values or an agenda?

I see you as a kind of forum vampire sent here to suck ...[text shortened]... ople with your pronged fangs, shrouded in darkness and using cheap tricks to beguile the unwary.
    "Slobbering...loaded question...flowery verbosity...loaded values...agenda...fangs...shrouded in darkness...cheap tricks...beguile the unwary...

Do you even read your posts back to yourself and get embarrassed?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 12:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    OK......
    Are you going to answer FMF's question about higher education, now you have come back from shopping?
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 14:491 edit
    Why? Does the bible teach that?
    The read (scripture) is not to blame. Most of the bibles have the same basic concepts. Even with others that have been altered, it is still basically the same principled message. (Love God) (Respect your neighbor)

The problem with the 40,000+ is their interpretation. All the politics, examples: Name of God; day which to celibrate; Jesus - God or no; works - yes or no; and so forth.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 15:10
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    The read (scripture) is not to blame. Most of the bibles have the same basic concepts. Even with others that have been altered, it is still basically the same principled message. (Love God) (Respect your neighbor)

The problem with the 40,000+ is their interpretation. All the politics, examples: Name of God; day which to celibrate; Jesus - God or no; works - yes or no; and so forth.
    Correct. There is ONE message from Christ. If you understand that message and follow it, you are IN, otherwise you are OUT.

That same message is written in the conscience of mankind, and some follow it without knowing about or hearing Christ.

When people appear before Christ they will be stripped bare off the foolishness of religion and doctrine and knowledge, and all that they have DONE will be on trial. The good sheep who followed Christ's commandments will enter the Kingdom of God.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 15:161 edit

really can you tell us why Jesus then made his fathers name manifest if it was of little importance?

I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. . . . I have made your name known to them and will make it known.”—JOHN 17:6, 26.

If Jesus adopted the approach that you are advocating he would have simply shrugged his shoulders and said, meh what does it matter just love God and your neighbour.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 15:281 edit
    really can you tell us why Jesus then made his fathers name manifest if it was of little importance?

I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. . . . I have made your name known to them and will make it known.”—JOHN 17:6, 26.

If Jesus adopted the approach that you are advocating he would have simply shrugged his shoulders and said, meh what does it matter just love God and your neighbour.
    When Jesus taught, the message was to everyone, not little groups of people. At his time, men of His families line would not talk to women from another. Does this stop Jesus, no. He tells a woman to go get Him water.

In the time of Jesus, they were taught not to work on the Sabbath. Yet He does. Shall i go on.

Again the bottom line of the bible is to Love God and Respect others - do you deny this?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 16:04

What you say Jesus should have said, he did actually say that, and so did the Apostles ..love God and your neighbour as yourself. All the law and the prophets hang on that last commandment.

As for your contention that Jesus made his fathers name manifest, can you point out where Jesus did that?

Its like Jesus said that he preached and told everyone about the commandments. I can point out to you where he said that.

Jesus did not mince words and neither was he vague. Where did Jesus say that the name Jehovah must be used otherwise there will be dire consequences .. like the JWs believe?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 16:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think it's a good thing for young people to aspire to and strive towards going to university if they so wish?
    Been discussed.......
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 16:17
    Opinions:

Do you agree that it is Jehovah's Witneses's matter of personal private conscience as to whether they take a life saving blood transfusion?
    Been discussed....
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 16:18
    Opinions:

Did you read the Australian Royal Commission's report into your church?

Not bring that sordid topic itself into this thread, just want a yes or a no on where you exposed yourself to the opinions of the report.
    Yes....
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 16:18
    Been discussed.......
    No [is the correct answer]
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 16:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What you say Jesus should have said, he did actually say that, and so did the Apostles ..love God and your neighbour as yourself. All the law and the prophets hang on that last commandment.

As for your contention that Jesus made his fathers name manifest, can you point out where Jesus did that?

Its like Jesus said that he preached and told everyone abo ...[text shortened]... the name Jehovah must be used otherwise there will be dire consequences .. like the JWs believe?
    What, are you calling Jesus a liar? He said he did so he did or are you calling Jesus out on this?

"I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. . . . I have made your name known to them and will make it known.”—JOHN 17:6, 26. "
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 16:29

Yes your right on that. Good point. Humans on their own will have our own opinions on anything, that's the way Jehovah created us. That is not a bad thing but would you think that satan would also have an influence on all the opinions we've formulated in order to keep some confused or "always searching as the bible says but never finding the answers"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 16:30
    Been discussed.......
    It certainly has not been discussed since you quoted Ecclesiastes 12:12 on this thread, which is what my question is about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree