1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Do you feel that no one should ever say that if it's what they believe?
    I don't know what you are on about.

If your "guess not" means you are not going to lay out for what would feel like the hundredth time the 'argument' that members of your church are all 'in agreement' means that the existence of your corporation was 'predicted in the Bible' - and then hide behind Bible verses, deflections, evasions, and the playing of victim cards - then I welcome it. Is that what your "I guess not" meant?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:172 edits
    "So maybe the JW's will have to repackage themselves in the near future to stay relevant."

How so?
    Given that a lot of people still identify with 'god' and being Christian there has been a huge shift away from traditional forms of Christianity and especially cultism.
    I really don't know how you'd do that and stay relevant, but the door to door knocking (and other methods) of the past, which have reaped you with a few followers will no longer work ,imo

edit: again much of it is to "blame" on the internet and technology. When a JW comes to your door these days everyone just about knows who you are already. There is no more mystery or intrigue surrounding your beautiful pictures and thought provoking comments adorning your publications
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't know what you are on about.

If your "guess not" means you are not going to lay out for what would feel like the hundredth time the 'argument' that members of your church are all 'in agreement' means that the existence of your corporation was 'predicted in the Bible' - and then hide behind Bible verses, deflections, evasions, and the playing of victim cards - then I welcome it. Is that was your "I guess not" meant?
    Yes. I'm only asking from a comment you made.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:21
    Originally quoted by galveston75
    Ecclesiastes 12:12: As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.
    Do you think it's a good thing for young people to aspire to and strive towards going to university if they so wish?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:23
    Lol. David forgot about the internet. But still there is a lot of crap out there that's not good especially for our kids. Opinions run out of control and one has to be careful in their reading of them. One needs to learn of the world but has to use caution.
    There is a lot out there bad for our kids, sad to say I think the JWs are one of them.
    Don't get me wrong, I think you guys may well have a fine role to play with helping those who have "lost their way" , but I bet a million bucks if I told my kid to be a JW he would not do it
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:23
    Yes. I'm only asking from a comment you made.
    Well if your "I guess not" retort means you agree with my comment, then I welcome it.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Given that a lot of people still identify with 'god' and being Christian there has been a huge shift away from traditional forms of Christianity and especially cultism.
    I really don't know how you'd do that and stay relevant, but the door to door knocking (and other methods) of the past, which have reaped you with a few followers will no longer work ...[text shortened]... ue surrounding your beautiful pictures and thought provoking comments adorning your publications
    Yes your correct that religion is changing as for as the traditional ways. Even with all the new neighborhood churches appearing the last few years. And as much as many call the JW's a cult, we're really not. If it were I wouldn't be one. But that's another discussion.
    But you know yes there are other ways to talk to people about the bible with the media so avaialable now and the JW's do use it much more. But in our hearts and minds Jesus did command ones to do this and it is still a very rewarding way to teach. It may be cooling off in some countries but in many it is booming.
    But the bible also says that in the time close to the end of the systyem, before Armageddon, that "the love of the greater number would cool off", or the interest in god by humans would cool.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well if your "I guess not" retort means you agree with my comment, then I welcome it.
    Lets say I'll listen, but still may not agree...Deal?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:30
    Getting off work and got to go shopping. But continue on with this discussion.....
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:33
    I was going to say the same thing to you. (this is also kinda answering your other post mentioning Armageddon and cooling down)
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:36
    You should behave as you see fit. As I say, I welcome your undertaking not to make this yet another thread about how all JWs agreeing with each other - about what the corporation's ideology is - makes them 'God's chosen people on Earth' on account of this "agreeing with each other" being supposedly predicted in the Bible, then it sounds good to me. That 'argument' has always been a complete cul-de-sac in this diverse context. I welcome the fact that you (appear to) have dropped it, at least for this thread.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:44
    But the bible also says that in the time close to the end of the systyem, before Armageddon, that "the love of the greater number would cool off", or the interest in god by humans would cool.
    Maybe interest in the Bible has cooled because good, honest, thoughtful, spiritual people think stuff about "the end of the system, before Armageddon" is pessimistic, misanthropic, groupist nonsense propagated by people with a basically arbitrary obsession with ancient Hebrew mythology, and. if so, the notion that the Bible is said to have predicted its own diminishing relevance and credibility is simply a blend of coincidence and irony.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    There is a lot out there bad for our kids, sad to say I think the JWs are one of them.
    Don't get me wrong, I think you guys may well have a fine role to play with helping those who have "lost their way" , but I bet a million bucks if I told my kid to be a JW he would not do it
    You don't tell someone to be a Jehovahs Witnesses any more than you tell them to be a white water canoeist, they have to want to be one. Did you really think that through Karoly?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 02:081 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You don't tell someone to be a Jehovahs Witnesses any more than you tell them to be a white water canoeist, they have to want to be one.
    Do you think that, given the compactness and sense of exceptionalism evident in your church, that the children of JWs might often come under psychological pressure from their families and their "elders", to join the church?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 03:165 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think that, given the compactness and sense of exceptionalism evident in your church, that the children of JWs might often come under psychological pressure from their families and their "elders", to join the church?
    Sorry i have no idea what you are slobbering about. compactness and exceptionalism? Sounds like a loaded question dressed up in unadulterated flowery verbosity. Perhaps a more pertinent question would be, do you ever ask honest questions, ones that don't contain loaded values or an agenda?

I see you as a kind of forum vampire sent here to suck the humanity from people with your pronged fangs, shrouded in darkness and using cheap tricks to beguile the unwary.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree