1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 00:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Nice opening post here.... ooh I see what you did there.
    Thing is there are so many more people these days thinking in more and more different ways these days. Social media spreads opinions to anywhere in the world in an instant for virtually nothing. So in a free world you'd expect to be coming across a lot more opinions, but hey this is just another opinion 🙂
    Yeah that does have an affect on how many think about most things. It can be a good thing when it promotes knowledge of things that help us all but it can sure pass along bad things too.

These scriptures are interesting and could maybe be applied today?

From David......

Eccl 2:15 & 12:12
    15 Then I said in my heart: “What happens to the stupid one will also happen to me.” What, then, did I gain by becoming excessively wise? So I said in my heart: “This too is futility.”

Ecclesiastes 12:12
    12 As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 00:271 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If everyone were JWs there would be no opinions, since opinions which depart from the opinions of the elders, are not allowed. Not surprised you did not figure it out.
    I knew where you were going with it, just had to see how you'd say it. Also it is not the elders who give us spiritual information, they pass it on to us.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 00:33
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke to galveston75
    So, you delivered and spread a message before you'd given it proper consideration?

Interesting...
    My money would be on him having a text ~ called "So Many Opinions" or some such ~ from The Watchtower or Awake he wants to copy paste. galveston75 has form in this area. I cannot recall him ever starting a thread because he was genuinely interested in engaging opinions that deviated from his own.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 00:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    My money would be on him having a text ~ called "So Many Opinions" or some such ~ from The Watchtower or Awake he wants to copy paste. galveston75 has form in this area. I cannot recall him ever starting a thread because he was genuinely interested in engaging opinions that deviated from his own.
    Well you'd loose this time. Nothing to paste. Just asking to get feedback and maybe have a civil discussion?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 00:411 edit
    Is it ok for me to post scriptures?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 00:471 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just asking to get feedback and maybe have a civil discussion?
    I cannot recall you ever engaging in genuine discussion about anything. Are you going to embrace and engage any of the "many opinions" you referenced in your thread title? Or are you going to trot out for the umpteenth time that the fact that members of your church are all 'in agreement' - and are all required to have the exactly the same set of opinions about theology - was 'predicted in the Bible'?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I cannot recall you ever engaging in genuine discussion about anything. Are you going to embrace and engage any of the "many opinions" you referenced in your thread title? Or are you going to trot out for the umpteenth time that the fact that members of your church are all 'in agreement' - and are all required to have the exactly the same set of opinions about theology - was 'predicted in the Bible'?
    I guess not but why does that bother you? Do you feel that no one should ever say that if it's what they believe?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:051 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not everyone wants to be a JW.
    Absolutely no one if current trends are to be believed.
    apparently there is a big turn away from the church in many of it's traditional forms despite many still believing in spirituality or a god of some sort.
    Back to the KKK they've had to reinvent themselves to stay relevant it seems.
    They will not actively kill black people but still believe they are the master race (and will do anything within the law to get rid of blacks still)
    So maybe the JW's will have to repackage themselves in the near future to stay relevant.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:06
    FMF: Are you going to trot out for the umpteenth time that the fact that members of your church are all 'in agreement' - and are all required to have the exactly the same set of opinions about theology - was 'predicted in the Bible'?

I guess not but why does that bother you? Do you feel that no one should ever say that if it's what they believe?
    You "guess not"? Good. I welcome it then.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:08
    Absolutely no one if current trends are to be believed.
    apparently there is a big turn away from the church in many of it's traditional form despite many still believing in spirituality or a god of some sort.
    Back to the KKK they've had to reinvent themselves to stay relevant it seems.
    They will not actively kill black people but still believe they ...[text shortened]... still)
    So maybe the JW's will have to repackage themselves in the near future to stay relevant.
    "So maybe the JW's will have to repackage themselves in the near future to stay relevant."

How so?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    You "guess not"? Good. I welcome it then.
    Do you feel that no one should ever say that if it's what they believe?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:091 edit
    Yeah that does have an affect on how many think about most things. It can be a good thing when it promotes knowledge of things that help us all but it can sure pass along bad things too.

These scriptures are interesting and could maybe be applied today?

From David......

Eccl 2:15 & 12:12
    15 Then I said in my heart: “What happens to the stupi ...[text shortened]... o the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.
    The first point was good.

The second was awful. ("There's more to life than books you know but not much more" .Morrisey )

To think that you guys would suppress others spiritualities means that you'd prolly destroy the rest of the aboriginal population here in Australia overnight. Just awful when there is so much effort going into trying to understand and piece together the writings and mythologies of ancient cultures.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:13
    The first point was good.

The second was awful. ("There's more to life than books you know but not much more" .Morrisey )
    Lol. David forgot about the internet. But still there is a lot of crap out there that's not good especially for our kids. Opinions run out of control and one has to be careful in their reading of them. One needs to learn of the world but has to use caution.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:13
    Is it ok for me to post scriptures?
    When they are a couple of lines, fine by me.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 01:15
    When they are a couple of lines, fine by me.
    Thanks.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree