1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 06:56
    Was Jesus even that intelligent?
    Could Jesus compete with the advanced IQ's of this society?
    And if Jesus wasn't even able to explain genetics to his audience, or correct the creation story (which is obviuously wrong in today's society), why should his ethical teachings be trusted?

In fact. why should the bible be looked at as a source of any truth?
  2. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 07:06
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Was Jesus even that intelligent?
    Could Jesus compete with the advanced IQ's of this society?
    And if Jesus wasn't even able to explain genetics to his audience, or correct the creation story (which is obviuously wrong in today's society), why should his ethical teachings be trusted?

In fact. why should the bible be looked at as a source of any truth?
    Your "question" is predicated at several points upon preformed opinions and social normatives. Inherantly, this nominates it for near certain doom as a pointless debacle of irrational opinion slinging. Such being the case, I'll just pet you like a good dog and stroke your epeen.

Oh noes, the Jebus is all wrong man. Silly Christians, he he he.

Will that suffice? 😉
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 07:49
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Your "question" is predicated at several points upon preformed opinions and social normatives. Inherantly, this nominates it for near certain doom as a pointless debacle of irrational opinion slinging. Such being the case, I'll just pet you like a good dog and stroke your epeen.

Will that suffice? 😉
    Lol!

Good to see you back Omni, my friend!

I can kinda see where CK is coming from though. There does seem to be alot of stuff bible stuff that Jesus could have rectified had he so desired. The dead sea scrolls where in existance at the time and let's face it he must have known of their existance - he's Jesus, for his Dad's sake! A bit of tipex (r) and a quick re-write would have solved alot of current day problems, and would certainly cut down the number of us pesky atheists running around.
    I don't know about the IQ bit - i mean if he really was the son of god his IQ'd be huge. You would have thought he could have come up with some better material to spread the word though - I mean, by the time he died Christianity was still a minority sport.
  4. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 08:11
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Lol!

Good to see you back Omni, my friend!

I can kinda see where CK is coming from though. There does seem to be alot of stuff bible stuff that Jesus could have rectified had he so desired. The dead sea scrolls where in existance at the time and let's face it he must have known of their existance - he's Jesus, for his Dad's sake! A bit of tipex ...[text shortened]... read the word though - I mean, by the time he died Christianity was still a minority sport.
    Good to be back, and likewise nice to be talking with you bud. 🙂

Well, in regards to scriptural accuracy, that's sort of a bee hive of its own accord. Sure, I can see where CK is coming from too, I simply take issue with the opinion being the basis for the query. It limits the response to being in accordance with the view, and thusly making the question futile, or atleast insincere(I.E. it's a rhetorical question, and thusly I am compelled to poke fun at it). 😉

In regards to IQ, indeed, big IQ. For that matter, technically speaking here, wouldn't omniscience defy an IQ score? I suppose it would depend upon the size of the universe......argh, what a paradox. Good nonsensical and ultimately futile notion for me to consider. The IQ of God......😀
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 08:48

Will that suffice? 😉
    I can assure you that this is not sycophancy to the atheist community. I am merely asking, what gives Jesus authority? Does his teaching on ethics compare to Kant? And why did he not rectify anomalies in the Hebrew Scriptures?

I'm also wondring why, considering the bible is divinely inspired, are many parts of it erroneous? Is this another manifestation of God's poor thinking skills?

Apart from that, no opinion slinging intended (actually, isn't that the point of this forum?).
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 08:50
    In regards to IQ, indeed, big IQ. For that matter, technically speaking here, wouldn't omniscience defy an IQ score? I suppose it would depend upon the size of the universe......argh, what a paradox. Good nonsensical and ultimately futile notion for me to consider. The IQ of God......😀
    IQ is an assessment of ones' problem solving and analytical skills and I find it highly compelling to question the problem-solving skills of a God who's only solution to sin, is to hang his son (himself?) on a cross.
  7. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 08:51
    I can assure you that this is not sycophancy to the atheist community. I am merely asking, what gives Jesus authority? Does his teaching on ethics compare to Kant? And why did he not rectify anomalies in the Hebrew Scriptures?

I'm also wondring why, considering the bible is divinely inspired, are many parts of it erroneous? Is this another manifestation ...[text shortened]... part from that, no opinion slinging intended (actually, isn't that the point of this forum?).
    Well friend, I think the paradox here is that the people most knowledge about the matter and able to address your question are going to disagree with the perception from which is was founded. That said, good luck. 🙂
  8. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 08:551 edit
    IQ is an assessment of ones' problem solving and analytical skills and I find it highly compelling to question the problem-solving skills of a God who's only solution to sin, is to hang his son (himself?) on a cross.
    See above post. Again, discussion on the matter is an exercise in futility if you have already formulated an opinion on the matter to the extent that you express it in the form of criticism. 😉
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:00
    See above post. Again, discussion on the matter is an exercise in futility if you have already formulated an opinion on the matter to the extent that you express it in the form of criticism. 😉
    Christians are free to explain the theology to me, and hence, reverse my opinion.

And anyway, you could post the same objection in every thread in this forum and it would still be valid.
  10. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:09
    Christians are free to explain the theology to me, and hence, reverse my opinion.

And anyway, you could post the same objection in every thread in this forum and it would still be valid.
    Perhaps, but regardless of frequency, absurdity is absurdity. In this thread title you ask "So what makes Jesus right?" while it is blatently clear you are of the impression that he is not "right".

You could, atleast, state your question without revealing your preformed opinion on the matter. You might net yourself an arguement then. As it stands, all I believe you'll net yourself is a zealot who can't help himself but "preach the word and shed the light of the Lord on the matter".

But hey, it's your time. Engage in whatever asinine drivel you desire if you can find someone gullible enough to argue without purpose. I'm simply pointing out that the foundation is faulty. People may build there anyway if they choose. 😉
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    that's the past. he came, he died and he rose. more to the point is what does he do today?
    He promotes love and peace throughout the world.

http://eaqffj.ytmnd.com/
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:17
    Perhaps, but regardless of frequency, absurdity is absurdity. In this thread title you ask "[b]So what makes Jesus right?" while it is blatently clear you are of the impression that he is not "right".

You could, atleast, state your question without revealing your preformed opinion on the matter. You might net yourself an arguement then. As i ...[text shortened]... ng out that the foundation is faulty. People may build there anyway if they choose. 😉[/b]
    I'm actually a practicing Catholic or more of a protestant catholic if such a thing exists. So it is not blatantly clear that I think Jesus is wrong. If you say that the question, "so what makes Jesus right" implies that I belive he is wrong, how should I rephrase it. And in fact I am trying to engage Zealots to understand why they believe in Jesus' teaching. To be honest I do not see how this is in anyway different to any of the evolution threads. 😉 😉 😉
  14. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:19
    I'm actually a practicing Catholic or more of a protestant catholic if such a thing exists. So it is not blatantly clear that I think Jesus is wrong. If you say that the question, "so what makes Jesus right" implies that I belive he is wrong, how should I rephrase it. And in fact I am trying to engage Zealots to understand why they believe in Jesus' teachin ...[text shortened]... onest I do not see how this is in anyway different to any of the evolution threads. 😉 😉 😉
    If you say so and as you wish friend.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:20
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    that's the past. he came, he died and he rose. more to the point is what does he do today?
    Drumroll please, and the answer is?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree