1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:21
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    If you say so and as you wish friend.
    Enlighten me, what am I saying, friend? Or is that another sarcastic quip?
  2. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 09:48
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    ......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*``¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..).........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/..........................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..........................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\........................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\.......
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 11:05
    IQ is an assessment of ones' problem solving and analytical skills and I find it highly compelling to question the problem-solving skills of a God who's only solution to sin, is to hang his son (himself?) on a cross.
    With perfect knowledge can god actually problem solve? Surely there is no problem that IS a problem for god....
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 11:111 edit
    Hey CK, don't get down on Omni - he's a great guy really - got some good thinking going on, and isn't afraid to mix up scientific knowledge and his concept of god, which seems to be a very personal thing for omni. Omni does believe in god, but doesn;t seem to believe [edit; wholeheartedly, literally] in the bible. Whilst I think he's wrong on the god thing I appreciate that he;s got his head screwed on. For me, Omni represents the perfect christian - not afraid of what the truth will mean for his (or anyones) [necessarily] limited interpretation of the bible.

I've got alot of respect for this guy.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 11:111 edit
    ......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*``¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,....... ...........f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\.......
    I love this! Way better than smileys!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 12:01
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Hey CK, don't get down on Omni - he's a great guy really - got some good thinking going on, and isn't afraid to mix up scientific knowledge and his concept of god, which seems to be a very personal thing for omni. Omni does believe in god, but doesn;t seem to believe [edit; wholeheartedly, literally] in the bible. Whilst I think he's wrong on the go ...[text shortened]... cessarily] limited interpretation of the bible.

I've got alot of respect for this guy.
    Dont get me wrong, I'm just asking the question- nothing hostile.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 12:01
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,....... ...[text shortened]... ...........f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\.......
    Clever.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 12:07
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    With perfect knowledge can god actually problem solve? Surely there is no problem that IS a problem for god....
    Its like this, in my country, we have "intelligence" of potential security risks- but they still happen. Somehow there's some kind of bungle. Its probably the same with God, he knows that "man will sin against him" 😕 but he doesn't have the problem skills to know what to do.

Having said that, how is it being God, scottishinnz?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 12:181 edit
    Was Jesus even that intelligent?
    Could Jesus compete with the advanced IQ's of this society?
    And if Jesus wasn't even able to explain genetics to his audience, or correct the creation story (which is obviuously wrong in today's society), why should his ethical teachings be trusted?

In fact. why should the bible be looked at as a source of any truth?
    And if Jesus wasn't even able to explain genetics to his audience,
    I went looking for the passage that describes the time when a group of Ph'D-asees came to Jesus inquiring if the cause of a certain man's malformation was due to genetic mutation which altered the depolymerization dynamics, but instead, I found they merely asked Him whether the man or his parents had sinned.

Then, dumb as He was regarding all manner of genetic covariances, He healed the man! What a dolt!

or correct the creation story (which is obviuously wrong in today's society),
    Who says it is wrong?

why should his ethical teachings be trusted?
    Not really sure how to answer that one, as the first questions seem to have little relevance on His "ethical teachings."
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 12:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 12:48
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]And if Jesus wasn't even able to explain genetics to his audience,
    I went looking for the passage that describes the time when a group of Ph'D-asees came to Jesus inquiring if the cause of a certain man's malformation was due to genetic mutation which altered the depolymerization dynamics, but instead, I found they merely asked Him whether the man ...[text shortened]... that one, as the first questions seem to have little relevance on His "ethical teachings."[/b]
    Firstly, considering the amount of debates on this forum alone about evolution, surely God would have given Jesus the knowledge which would have allowed him to pre-empt all these questions on creation.

Secondly, the creation story is false, insofar as you accept the overwhelming evidence that refutes it. If Jesus were God surely he could have explained the creation myth. But sadly, all I find are these gnostics gospels propounding thet matter will be detsroyed just as it was created.

Thirdly, if many truths in the bible are not factual truths, or indeed truths at all, why should we regard Jesus' teachings as truth. I am specifically thinking of the Catholic church which believes that the bible is not scientifically absolute, but is on morality. I dont understand how such conclusions are made.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 16:17
    Firstly, considering the amount of debates on this forum alone about evolution, surely God would have given Jesus the knowledge which would have allowed him to pre-empt all these questions on creation.

Secondly, the creation story is false, insofar as you accept the overwhelming evidence that refutes it. If Jesus were God surely he could have explained ...[text shortened]... t scientifically absolute, but is on morality. I dont understand how such conclusions are made.
    An argument from ignorance is hardly authoritative or conclusive.

Secondly, the creation story is false, insofar as you accept the overwhelming evidence that refutes it.
    The established facts do nothing whatsoever to refute the biblical account of creation. One can accept anything as factual; however doing so does not certify the same.

But sadly, all I find are these gnostics gospels propounding thet matter will be detsroyed just as it was created.
    Gnostic gospels? Sounds like you're reading the wrong books. The world and the universe will be destroyed, but not in the same manner as created.

I am specifically thinking of the Catholic church which believes that the bible is not scientifically absolute, but is on morality. I dont understand how such conclusions are made.
    You're on your own there, sorry. I can't speak for Catholics or the Catholic church.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 16:42
    Was Jesus even that intelligent?
    And if Jesus wasn't even able to explain genetics to his audience, or correct the creation story (which is obviuously wrong in today's society), why should his ethical teachings be trusted?

In fact. why should the bible be looked at as a source of any truth?
    Was Jesus intelligent?
    Yes

Yes

Conjecture, then why should his ethical teachings be trusted?
    His teaching need only be trusted by those following Him, since He is
    Lord. Others would do well to make him Lord and follow His teachings,
    but if they don’t it doesn’t matter what they do, they do not belong to
    God through Christ. So they are left to serve other masters, or make
    up their own way and live with the results, just as those that follow
    Christ will live the results of making Jesus Lord.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 22:07
    Its like this, in my country, we have "intelligence" of potential security risks- but they still happen. Somehow there's some kind of bungle. Its probably the same with God, he knows that "man will sin against him" 😕 but he doesn't have the problem skills to know what to do.

Having said that, how is it being God, scottishinnz?
    It's great. I wasn't, of course, surprised about the lack of questions. You'd have thought that people would want to ask questions of their god, no?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 22:08
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]Firstly, considering the amount of debates on this forum alone about evolution, surely God would have given Jesus the knowledge which would have allowed him to pre-empt all these questions on creation.

Secondly, the creation story is false, insofar as you accept the overwhelmin ...[text shortened]... e.
    You're on your own there, sorry. I can't speak for Catholics or the Catholic church.[/b]
    Perhaps your using words the way they're not intended- because this doesn't seem to respond to what I wrote.

The established facts do nothing whatsoever to refute the biblical account of creation. One can accept anything as factual; however doing so does not certify the same.

Radioactive dating contradicts the creation story. Or is that just nasty scientists using erroneous equipment?

Gnostic gospels? Sounds like you're reading the wrong books. The world and the universe will be destroyed, but not in the same manner as created.

I'm just looking for any record (no matter how remote) that might depict Jesus trying to reolve the problem of creation.

You're on your own there, sorry. I can't speak for Catholics or the Catholic church.

So long as you don't accept the bible as literally truthful on everything it says, then you must explain why you accept bibles' moral truths and not the quasi-sceintific truths.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree