1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 May '06 02:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    Evidence that there was no flood? Such as?
    If you are referring to a world wide flood such as described in the Bible and other prehistoric myths of various cultures, the geological evidence against such an event is crushing. Do you actually require a link to show that? A basic middle school Earth Science text is sufficient.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 May '06 05:03
    Evidence that there was no flood? Such as?
    For starters:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html
  3. Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 03:21
    saying that he taught the jewish rabbi's at the age of 12 or 13 i would say he was pretty smart.
  4. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 03:33
    Originally posted by grandslam842
    saying that he taught the jewish rabbi's at the age of 12 or 13 i would say he was pretty smart.
    Or, that they were pretty dumb.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 06:54
    If you ask me if this proves that there was a great flood in ancient times or that the Biblical account is the true account I would say no. However, I would argue that it is evidence none the less. This is what I mean when I say that I do not consider my faith a blind faith, but is a faith nontheless. I would argue that it is not like believing in the toot ...[text shortened]... do not believe that there ever was a flood also takes beleif. How can you prove there was not?
    This reminds me of a bit from Pirates of the Caribbean:
    Prisoner: I have heard stories that the black pearl goes around killing everyone and leaving no body alive.
    Jack Sparrow: So where are the stories coming from I wonder?

If the Biblical account is accurate then the only possible source of flood stories would be noah and his descendants. Since the aborigines of australia and the south ameriacan indians are all descended from noah, why don't they also tell of the flood story? Why only in mesopotamia?
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 17:53
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Was Jesus even that intelligent?
    Could Jesus compete with the advanced IQ's of this society?
    And if Jesus wasn't even able to explain genetics to his audience, or correct the creation story (which is obviuously wrong in today's society), why should his ethical teachings be trusted?

In fact. why should the bible be looked at as a source of any truth?
    Firstly , Jesus did not come primarily to give us ethical teachings, he was on a different mission.

Secondly , don't confuse intelligence with wisdom . Christ's message is accessible to all in it's simplicity. Kant , Dawkins , Copernicus et al may be great intellectuals but Jesus reaches ALL people . You don't have to have a phd to relate to him , infact it helps if you don't which is the way it should be.

Remember that the Bible says God chose the foolish things of this world to humble the "intelligent".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree