Society

Society

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
If you want to know, read the Holy Bible.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
Why should FMF read the Bible. After all, it's only God's opinion. 😉

F

Moves
18 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Why should FMF read the Bible. After all, it's only God's opinion.
Well as I have explained, I don't think it is "God's opinion", and this is coming from someone who gave it a chance for 28 years. Do you really just not understand what I have been saying to you on this thread?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well as I have explained, I don't think it is "God's opinion", and this is coming from someone who gave it a chance for 28 years. Do you really just not understand what I have been saying to you on this thread?
I think I do understand what you've been saying. I just don't think you do.

We're not debating about opinions here. You deny the authorship of the scriptures in the face of overwhelming evidence that they are inspired by God. That is something to debate about, but all you do is repeatedly state your opinion that you do not recognise the authority of the Bible. Fine. Then at least admit that it is only your opinion that the Bible isn't the word of God unless you can produce evidence to back it up.

I'm not here to prove that josehw's word is true. My opinion means nothing. I appeal to the authority of God's Word. You only have your word to appeal to, hence it is merely your opinion. You are not the creator of life. You have no authority on the subject.

",..and this is coming from someone who gave it a chance for 28 years."

Try to understand this. You need to invert your thinking. It isn't about you giving "it" a chance. It's about God giving you a chance.

This is why I say I don't think you understand what you're saying. Dig deep into your soul and see if you can grasp what this verse means.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

It's all or nothing. Total dependency. Absolute trust. Death of self. Peace.

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

We're not debating about opinions here. You deny the authorship of the scriptures in the face of overwhelming evidence that they are inspired by God.
Yes we are "debating about opinions here". Your opinion is that the bible contains 'God's instructions'. My opinion is that it doesn't. And while you may be of the opinion that there is "overwhelming evidence that [the bible] inspired by God", I am not.

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

Try to understand this. You need to invert your thinking. It isn't about [b]you giving "it" a chance. It's about God giving you a chance.[/b]
I understand only too well what you are saying. I don't accept any of the assertions you are making about God and about what He is doing and what "it" is and isn't about.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
Yes we are "debating about opinions here". Your opinion is that the bible contains 'God's instructions'. My opinion is that it doesn't. And while you may be of the opinion that there is "overwhelming evidence that [the bible] inspired by God", I am not.
Then one of us is wrong. Right?

An amazing thing it is.

F

Moves
18 Jun 12
1 edit

I'm not here to prove that josehw's word is true.
I would say that that is pretty much ALL you're trying to do here.

My opinion means nothing.

It certainly means nothing to me in spiritual terms but I'm always interested in trading opinions on this web site.

I appeal to the authority of God's Word.

So you say. That you claim some "authority" doesn't really affect me and does not affect the validity of what you say.

You are not the creator of life. You have no authority on the subject.

I do not claim to be the creator of life. You claiming to have some sort of indirect "authority" is a matter for you. I do not claim to be an "authority".

F

Moves
18 Jun 12
1 edit

Then one of us is wrong. Right?
Why must "one of us" be wrong? You may see this as some kind of either/or competition, but I don't. I don't really care about what you think is going to happen to you when you die. I don't really care if you're wrong or if you're right. All I am saying is that I have absolutely no objective reason whatsoever to think you're "right". I have absolutely no objective reason to think anything other than we are going to both meet the same fate, which is that we die. Your speculation about what happens after your death has no bearing at all on my reality.

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

It's all or nothing. Total dependency. Absolute trust. Death of self. Peace.
This recipe for a 'spiritual life' may work for you. You might even gird your loins with stuff like "It's all or nothing". But it doesn't work for me. And I don't have any reason to look upon my 'spiritual life' as "nothing" as you suggest. In fact, you framing it like this, makes me less able to take your judgement and perception seriously, on either a spiritual level or an intellectual level. It just comes across as rote, cant, mantra, sterile.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
I would say that that is pretty much ALL you're trying to do here.

[b]My opinion means nothing.

It certainly means nothing to me in spiritual terms but I'm always interested in trading opinions on this web site.

I appeal to the authority of God's Word.

So you say. That you claim some "authority" doesn't really affect me and does not aff ...[text shortened]... sort of indirect "authority" is a matter for you. I do not claim to be an "authority".[/b]
But you do claim to be the authority when you say you do not recognise the authority of God's Word. If it is only your word you recognise, then that makes you the authority.

My words are merely my attempt to reason out this discussion. Nothing in and of myself is going to be sufficient to convince you of anything. You have to look inside your own heart and see if you hear the Word of God. Because without it there is no life.

It is only reasonable to conclude that without God there is no life.

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

But you do claim to be the authority when you say you do not recognise the authority of God's Word. If it is only your word you recognise, then that makes you the authority.
I do not claim to be an authority. The word "authority", by its very definition, refers to the power or right to give orders or make decisions over others. I do not claim to have authority over anyone in spiritual matters. I know that you do, but that does not mean that I do.

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

You have to look inside your own heart and see if you hear the Word of God.
In the bible? I don't hear "the Word of God". I don't think you do either. I realize that you're certain that you do.

Because without it there is no life.

So you say. What does this have to do with "society" and "end times" and "eternal torment" or "burning in hell"?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
In the bible? I don't hear "the Word of God". I don't think you do either. I realize that you're certain that you do.

[b]Because without it there is no life.

So you say. What does this have to do with "society" and "end times" and "eternal torment" or "burning in hell"?[/b]
Well, it's not as if you never heard about it. How that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead. If it's true, and you didn't believe it, who would you have to blame?

What? Do you need a sign?

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

Well, it's not as if you never heard about it. How that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead. If it's true, and you didn't believe it, who would you have to blame?

What? Do you need a sign?
I don't subscribe to it. I realize that you do.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
I do not claim to be an authority. The word "authority", by its very definition, refers to the power or right to give orders or make decisions over others. I do not claim to have authority over anyone in spiritual matters. I know that you do, but that does not mean that I do.
[/b]And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

(Mathew 28:18-20 NKJV)

Jesus the Christ is one that does claim to have "all authority in Heaven and Earth.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏