Society

Society

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
18 Jun 12

These are some of the ways in which some Christians are cooperating with the Lord Jesus to bring Him back to this earth physically. He is aleady with us as the Holy Spirit.

&feature=related

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
I disagree. I believe that the world is a better place now than it has ever been, and for more people. Murder, rape and misery have been part of the human condition all along. There is less of it now compared to previous centuries. I am not a gloomy pessimist who ignores the actual history of mankind like so many fundamentalist Christians are.
A point blank question for you this time.. If there was a way, not matter what it is, that all crime on all levels against humanity could be done away with, would you go for that?
The reason I ask which I think others here are questioning about you is your seemingly lack of interest that you care at all.
Instead of even slightly agreeing that "yeah it is bad and I wish it could be stopped by any means" you just seem to be either blind to the world around you or you just hate anything to do about God and that he could help.
So what is your answer?????????

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by galveston75
The reason I ask which I think others here are questioning about you is your seemingly lack of interest that you care at all.
You need to explain what you mean by my supposed "lack of interest that [I] care at all". Not only do you not seem to know the history of the issue or the relative level of the problem currently, you seem completely impervious to the suggestion that you might investigate it by reading material that challenges your view. I cannot see - in light of this - how you can have the effrontery to suggest that it is me who has a "lack of interest".

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

Instead of even slightly agreeing that "yeah it is bad and I wish it could be stopped by any means" you just seem to be either blind to the world around you or you just hate anything to do about God and that he could help.
You need to explain the meaning of "stopped by any means" in the real world and in real life. I disagree with you about the actual state of the world and therefore, to you, I seem... blah blah "blind" blah blah "hate" blah blah I don't "care at all" blah blah etc. You need to explain, because surely you are not asking me such a ludicrously loaded hypothetical question; I am sure you are not trivializing and personalizing such an important issue. But you do need to explain yourself.

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

If there was a way, not matter what it is, that all crime on all levels against humanity could be done away with, would you go for that?
It's not clear how or why you think "doing away with" all crime is somehow up to me and yet it's the premise of your question. One cannot talk seriously about the world's problems and then frame a question in which the "way" the problem is tackled does "not matter" but I must say whether I agree with it or not.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
It's not clear how or why you think "doing away with" all crime is somehow up to me and yet it's the premise of your question. One cannot talk seriously about the world's problems and then frame a question in which the "way" the problem is tackled does "not matter" but I must say whether I agree with it or not.
Answer my simple question... no need to over analyze it or break it down with mysterious undermeanings, just answer the question.

Moves
18 Jun 12

Answer my simple question... no need to over analyze it or break it down with mysterious undermeanings, just answer the question.
The method matters.

You could for example end all crime and suffering by killing everyone...

I can't see any possible way of ending 'all crime' and suffering in which there are still actual
human beings in existence that doesn't involve unacceptable levels of control being exerted
over those people.

Freedom has a price, and the ability to do bad things is part of that price.

Just as you can't have free speech and not have anyone ever say something you disagree with.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
The method matters.

You could for example end all crime and suffering by killing everyone...

I can't see any possible way of ending 'all crime' and suffering in which there are still actual
human beings in existence that doesn't involve unacceptable levels of control being exerted
over those people.

Freedom has a price, and the ability to ...[text shortened]... ust as you can't have free speech and not have anyone ever say something you disagree with.
That is the way God sees it, too.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds

God doesn't exist.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
God doesn't exist.
I was giving you a compliment. Now your reply requires me to quote the following verse again:

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
(Psalm 14:1 KJV)

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

You appear to be asking me about some daydream you once had or perhaps a wizard or superhero from a comic book. Ask me a question about the real world and real life. I advocate constant striving for improvements in education, health, justice and environmental protection. These are the cornerstones of human development and underpin rule of law and a healthy society.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jun 12
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You appear to be asking me about some daydream you once had or perhaps a wizard or superhero from a comic book. Ask me a question about the real world and real life. I advocate constant striving for improvements in education, health, justice and environmental protection. These are the cornerstones of human development and underpin rule of law and a healthy society.
Ok..I see where this is going as usual but if you could or if anyone could stop all crimes against humanity, would you be satisfied with that being done? It's really a simple question...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds

That God is ok with the freedom we have and the results it brings such as crime against us all? Is that what you are implying?

F

Moves
19 Jun 12
1 edit

Ok..I see where this is going as usual but if you could or if anyone could stop all crimes against humanity, would you be satisfied with that being done? It's really a simple question...
This 'If you were God what would you do?' thing is a ridiculous, juvenile, hypothetical question that sheds no light on the human condition as it actually is in the real world. You are trying to deflect from the fact, demonstrated earlier on this thread, that you quite clearly do not know the history of crime and violence or the relative levels of these problems currently. I note that you are unwilling to consider material that challenges your self-regarding, morose, unsubstantiated view, and I see this trite play-God water cooler chit chat debating tactic as an attempted distraction.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 12

That God is ok with the freedom we have and the results it brings such as crime against us all? Is that what you are implying?
No, I am not implying that. I was just agreeing with the below statements for how our present world works:

Freedom has a price, and the ability to do bad things is part of that price.

Just as you can't have free speech and not have anyone ever say something you disagree with.