1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 10:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    ...gay sex is all the rage.
    If by "gay sex is all the rage" you are referring to the fact that society is now more accepting of homosexuals, that many kinds of discrimination against them is illegal, that they don't have to keep their sexual orientation secret [as often as was the case in the past], that they are less likely to be beaten up or murdered for being gay, then surely being "all the rage" is to be welcomed, right?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 10:43
    The issue here isn't about the fact that people die all the time because of bad decision making, poor eating habits, inattentive driving, but dying or suffering from a disease caused by the act of immoral behaviors.

That's the point and topic of this thread. So try not to drift into unrelated issues. How difficult it is for those of you that deny the existence of a moral law giver to differentiate between articles of discussion because facing a moral code means accountability. The idea that the cause of STDs is a consequence of immoral behavior is just too much for your mind to handle. The idea that one will be accountable to God for the way they lived their life is a frightening prospect, so the denial of morality must be pursued at all costs.

Besides that, control of one's carnal appetites is too much to bear for those who lack moral character. Being an animal is easy. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. Just keep telling yourself there is no God and no after life until you are convinced that the truth is a lie.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 10:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    Just keep telling yourself there is no God and no after life until you are convinced that the truth is a lie.
    You sound like your words are aimed at people who already agree with you. You obviously keep telling yourself there is a God figure as you describe Him and there is an after life. But how is you repeating this going to convince people who don't share your beliefs?

I think it would be immoral to knowingly infect someone with an STD, and this applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 10:58
    The issue here isn't about the fact that people die all the time because of bad decision making, poor eating habits, inattentive driving, but dying or suffering from a disease caused by the act of immoral behaviors.
    Except that the disease is not 'caused by immoral behaviours'. The diseases are caused by virus' and bacteria. The diseases are spread through sex. Sex is not always immoral and the diseases do not care whether or not the sex in question is immoral.

That's the point and topic of this thread.
    No, the point of the thread was to disparage homosexuality by using a flawed argument.

How difficult it is for those of you that deny the existence of a moral law giver to differentiate between articles of discussion because facing a moral code means accountability.
    When I asked you about your moral code in the other thread you first dodged the question including using lies in your dodge. When pressed to answer you left the thread.

The idea that the cause of STDs is a consequence of immoral behavior is just too much for your mind to handle.
    Its not that it 'just too much to handle', its just plain false. Science found the real cause of diseases over a hundred years ago. Get an education. Its free on the internet.

The idea that one will be accountable to God for the way they lived their life is a frightening prospect, so the denial of morality must be pursued at all costs.
    I am more than willing to discuss morality in detail. As mentioned above, you clearly are not. When asked a point blank question about morality, you first lie and then run.

Besides that, control of one's carnal appetites is too much to bear for those who lack moral character.
    I am fairly sure that I have just as good control over my carnal appetites as you do. I am certainly above average judging by what I have seen around me. I also lie less than you do.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    If by "gay sex is all the rage" you are referring to the fact that society is now more accepting of homosexuals, that many kinds of discrimination against them is illegal, that they don't have to keep their sexual orientation secret [as often as was the case in the past], that they are less likely to be beaten up or murdered for being gay, then surely being "all the rage" is to be welcomed, right?
    A demented and confused segment of society is accepting of homosexuality, but few by comparison to the vast majority. Homosexuality, as with all other immoral sexual deviances, is like a cancer that will eventually kill its victum. The mind that is confused about morality will fail and will face consequences that will eventually catch up with it. Behaviors unrestrained by moral virtues is like building a house on sand. In the end it will wash away.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:05
    A demented and confused segment of society is accepting of homosexuality, but few by comparison to the vast majority.
    It may be true that in the country where I live, Indonesia, the people who tolerate or accept or just don't care about the sexual orientation of other people are still in the minority, but I am fairly sure that those who are 'accepting of homosexuality' and who approve of homosexual unions/marriage in countries like the U.S. and the U.K. are now in the majority.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:201 edit
    http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm
    Yes we have the highest ever recorded figures for HIV among gay men in the UK, but hey its all supposed to be good, you dare not say a thing or they will have your job and your livelihood.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Except that the disease is not 'caused by immoral behaviours'. The diseases are caused by virus' and bacteria. The diseases are spread through sex. Sex is not always immoral and the diseases do not care whether or not the sex in question is immoral.

[b]That's the point and topic of this thread.

No, the point of the thread was to disparage homosexu ...[text shortened]... I am certainly above average judging by what I have seen around me. I also lie less than you do.[/b]
    You must be stupid if you think I said immoral behaviors cause disease. Everyone knows viruses and bacteria cause disease. So you can safely conclude that your whole post is based on faulty reasoning from the outset, and that because your mind is bereft of moral conditioning. Your head is in denial mode. You're stuck in the cycle of circular reasoning.

Wake up! The best and only cure for STDs is a code of moral conduct. Not condoms. Not a chemical in a test tube, but moral fiber and a willingness to see that there's something bigger than our selves that is willing to guide us through this life with our best interests in mind.

But God no! Never admit you could be wrong. That might just bruise your arrogant and prideful ego. Keep thinking you have the answers and see what that will get you.

The problem will persist and continue until this generation is dead and gone and the next has to learn the same lessons again. Fact of life.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:27
    You must be stupid if you think I said immoral behaviors cause disease.
    But, further up this page, you talked about people "...dying or suffering from a disease caused by the act of immoral behaviors".
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:58
    You must be stupid if you think I said immoral behaviors cause disease.
    But you did say it, more than once. So why am I 'stupid' for taking your posts at face value?

.... dying or suffering from a disease caused by the act of immoral behaviors.

....the cause of STDs is a consequence of immoral behavior .....

So you can safely conclude that your whole post is based on faulty reasoning from the outset,
    The rest of my post covered several other issues and was not entirely dependant on that.

... and that because your mind is bereft of moral conditioning. Your head is in denial mode.
    Yes, we know that you think that because I disagree with you it must be all about my poor morals. But can you back that up with evidence?

You're stuck in the cycle of circular reasoning.
    What was circular about anything I said?

Wake up! The best and only cure for STDs is a code of moral conduct.
    Actually some STDs are incurable, and others require medicine. Moral conduct cannot cure any STD. Having less promiscuous sex can certainly prevent STDs and I am all for it. I do not however think I have the right to force anyone else in the matter and sodomy and promiscuity are totally different things.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 12:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes, it would. Sadly humans are not monogamistic. I wonder why the creator did that?
    Another slight problem is that if you get divorced, remaining monogamistic essentially means no more sex for the rest of your life. I guess your creator didn't think about that one either. Much smarter would have been to not create all those nasty STD's.
    I must also point out that monogamistic sodomy is also STD free.
    So in essence you think our Creator is stupid and you are brilliant?. You would be so much more capable if only you could have been the Creator?
    Gee, I seem to recall some one else saying that in Isaiah chapter 14!
    🙄
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 12:22
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    So in essence you think our Creator is stupid and you are brilliant?
    I think that if a creator exists as you have described, then it isn't so smart.

You would be so much more capable if only you could have been the Creator?
    I certainly would not have created diseases that cause untold suffering.

Gee, I seem to recall some one else saying that in Isaiah chapter 14!
    🙄

Maybe he was right.
    I also feel compelled to point out that bible verse comeback's don't work against atheists. Stick to insulting your fellow Christians with Bible verses, you'll have more luck upsetting them (just don't be surprised when they call you on it).
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 12:56
    A demented and confused segment of society is accepting of homosexuality, but few by comparison to the vast majority.
    I'm not at all sorry to break it to you but in actual fact YOU are in the demented minority.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/22/8465027/lgbt-nondiscrimination-laws

See the chart 2/3rds of the way down the page showing that 76% of people in the
    USA think discrimination against LGBT people should be illegal. And only 12%
    think that discrimination should be legal. [with another 12% being confused]
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 13:14
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I'm not at all sorry to break it to you but in actual fact YOU are in the demented minority.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/22/8465027/lgbt-nondiscrimination-laws

See the chart 2/3rds of the way down the page showing that 76% of people in the
    USA think discrimination against LGBT people should be illegal. And only 12%
    think that discrimination should be legal. [with another 12% being confused]
    argumentum ad populum, many people believe it therefore legislation which makes discrimination against those who practice homosexuality illegal must be a good idea - logically fallacious and nonsensical, next you will be telling us that because eight out of ten cats prefer kitikat its the best catfood on the market!
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 13:301 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    argumentum ad populum, many people believe it therefore legislation which makes discrimination against those who practice homosexuality illegal must be a good idea - logically fallacious and nonsensical, next you will be telling us that because eight out of ten cats prefer kitikat its the best catfood on the market!
    Your ability to get the wrong end of the stick so often is truly remarkable. Do you have some sort of learning disability we should know of or are you just plain dense Robert?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree