1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    19 Jul '15 09:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is it morally acceptable to burn somebody alive for what they believe or don't believe?

    Reply from RJHinds
    It depends.

    An absolutely incredible response, from a dyed-in-the-wool eternal suffering believer.

    I've noticed that apart from Hinds, every single Christian who accepts (and in a certain case, promotes) the teaching of eternal suffering has avoided this question in sonship's "Misc Hell responses" thread.

    It seems RJHinds thinks that morality is flexible when it comes to burning people alive for what they believe.

    What do the rest of the eternal suffering believers think?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Jul '15 11:40
    The more exposure I have had to "evil" and suffering from such evil the more sense hell seems to make for me.

    Where is the justice? In fact, what is justice?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14576
    19 Jul '15 11:55
    It amuses me that all the really crazy stuff on this forum comes from theists and hardly anything - if anything at all - crazy comes from the atheists.

    If I were a moderate theist I'd really wonder why that is.

    It would raise some serious questions. Why are theists, having a far closer relationship with god than atheists, on average batcrazy when compared to said atheists? Could it be that their theism itself - the belief in a mysterious god - is also crazy? What does that say about me?

    Luckily, I'm a moderate atheist. No such worries for me.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8520
    19 Jul '15 12:11
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    It amuses me that all the really crazy stuff on this forum comes from theists and hardly anything - if anything at all - crazy comes from the atheists.

    If I were a moderate theist I'd really wonder why that is.

    It would raise some serious questions. Why are theists, having a far closer relationship with god than atheists, on average batcrazy whe ...[text shortened]... crazy? What does that say about me?

    Luckily, I'm a moderate atheist. No such worries for me.
    Christianity brings out the best in some people, but it also brings out the worst in others, having them defending with a passion the indefensible.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Jul '15 12:46
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Christianity brings out the best in some people, but it also brings out the worst in others, having them defending with a passion the indefensible.
    Speaking of indefensible, what should be done to those who carried out the Holocaust?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Jul '15 12:501 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    It amuses me that all the really crazy stuff on this forum comes from theists and hardly anything - if anything at all - crazy comes from the atheists.

    If I were a moderate theist I'd really wonder why that is.

    It would raise some serious questions. Why are theists, having a far closer relationship with god than atheists, on average batcrazy whe ...[text shortened]... crazy? What does that say about me?

    Luckily, I'm a moderate atheist. No such worries for me.
    Well then, let me ask the one "rational" voice around here, what should be done with these people in the next life, assuming there is one

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/19/islamic-state-group-releases-one-of-its-most-sickening-videos-yet-featuring-a-young-child/

    It is a article about ISIS using children to behead people.
  7. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    19 Jul '15 13:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well then, let me ask the one "rational" voice around here, what should be done with these people in the next life, assuming there is one

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/19/islamic-state-group-releases-one-of-its-most-sickening-videos-yet-featuring-a-young-child/

    It is a article about ISIS using children to behead people.
    Without a doubt there are people that deserve to be tormented for a pretty long period for all the pain they inflicted on others. But certainly being tormented for all eternity would be an unjust sentence even for those.

    What about the belief that many Christians have in which all those who did not accept Christ will similarly be tormented for ever?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8520
    19 Jul '15 13:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Speaking of indefensible, what should be done to those who carried out the Holocaust?
    Well, the vast majority are already dead, but those still alive should most certainly be held accountable and face the full force of the law. (Though better of course if this had occurred many decades ago).

    As i have no belief in an afterlife, nothing can be done to those already dead, other than to remember them with disdain.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14576
    19 Jul '15 14:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well then, let me ask the one "rational" voice around here, what should be done with these people in the next life, assuming there is one

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/19/islamic-state-group-releases-one-of-its-most-sickening-videos-yet-featuring-a-young-child/

    It is a article about ISIS using children to behead people.
    Will these people still be the same kind of people in this so-called "next life"? Will they still behead children in heaven, or at least attempt to do so? If so, they need to be locked away for the safety of everyone else. If not, then apparently going into this next life changes people. And in that case I fail to see the point in "doing something to these people".

    I understand this may be impossible to understand for you, but personally I have absolutely no reason to take "revenge" on anyone for anything.

    Punishment for crimes should be there to protect innocent people from getting hurt ("will he do it again?" ) and should be used as a deterrent - although it is questionable how well this works - for would-be criminals.

    Needless to say (needless for many people, needfull for many theists...) punishment for all eternity is never appropriate, no matter how many children had been beheaded. Unless there is a chance it will happen again.

    Notice also - and think back about my first post in this thread - that this beheading is being done by...... you guessed it!.... theists!!!

    What a remarkable thing, that these people have apparently heard god's word whereas I, dirty no-good atheists who is pretty much a goody-two-shoes, have never heard anything from god. Weird isn't it? How those - crazy, murderous, dispicable - people are apparently closer to god than I am. Why is that, Whodey? Does being insane get you closer to god?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    19 Jul '15 14:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]Is it morally acceptable to burn somebody alive for what they believe or don't believe?


    Reply from RJHinds
    It depends.

    An absolutely incredible response, from a dyed-in-the-wool eternal suffering believer.

    I've noticed that apart from Hinds, every single Christian who accepts (and in a certain c ...[text shortened]... ople alive for what they believe.

    What do the rest of the eternal suffering believers think?[/b]
    You remind me of the Pharisees accusing Jesus of being in league with Satan, not that i should compare myself with Jesus. For I know that I am an obnoxious, despicable, and disgusting person, but Jesus loves me anyway. Fancy that. 😏

    HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    19 Jul '15 14:29
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    It amuses me that all the really crazy stuff on this forum comes from theists and hardly anything - if anything at all - crazy comes from the atheists.

    If I were a moderate theist I'd really wonder why that is.

    It would raise some serious questions. Why are theists, having a far closer relationship with god than atheists, on average batcrazy whe ...[text shortened]... crazy? What does that say about me?

    Luckily, I'm a moderate atheist. No such worries for me.
    Atheist have no basis for morality, since they believe this world happened by a crazy accident. They must borrow any moral ideas form the ones that believe in God or demons. The Islamic extremists believe it is moral to behead Christians just because they will not convert to believe in their demon god Allah. While the Christians believe in the loving, forgiving, but also just God of the Holy Bible. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong, for the truth will prevail in the end. 😏
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    19 Jul '15 14:39
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Will these people still be the same kind of people in this so-called "next life"? Will they still behead children in heaven, or at least attempt to do so? If so, they need to be locked away for the safety of everyone else. If not, then apparently going into this next life changes people. And in that case I fail to see the point in "doing something to ...[text shortened]... pparently closer to god than I am. Why is that, Whodey? Does being insane get you closer to god?
    I am sure that Moses thought his system of laws and punishments were going to be a deterrent for the house of Israel as well. However, it failed becasue most of the people were stiff-necked and wicked and deserving of eternal punishment away from the righteous. I believe Jesus is the Savior that will remedy that situation.

    HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    19 Jul '15 14:471 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Will these people still be the same kind of people in this so-called "next life"? Will they still behead children in heaven, or at least attempt to do so? If so, they need to be locked away for the safety of everyone else. If not, then apparently going into this next life changes people. And in that case I fail to see the point in "doing something to ...[text shortened]... pparently closer to god than I am. Why is that, Whodey? Does being insane get you closer to god?
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

    (Romans 12:9 KJV)
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

    (Revelation 21:8 NASB)
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8520
    19 Jul '15 15:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

    (Romans 12:9 KJV)
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

    (Revelation 21:8 NASB)
    'The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.'

    Daniel 9.9
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    19 Jul '15 15:181 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.'

    Daniel 9.9
    A jealous and avenging God is the LORD; The LORD is avenging and wrathful. The LORD takes vengeance on His adversaries, And He reserves wrath for His enemies. The LORD is slow to anger and great in power, And the LORD will by no means leave the guilty unpunished...

    (Nahum 1:2-3 NASB)
Back to Top