1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 17:21
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I seek to make your own faith more fruitful and open, more embracing. Really be like Jesus of Nazareth, your Master eh? Do not be so closed in your mind, for your own sake and the sake of a suffering world.
    You seek to do the work of Satan the devil through the deception of Buddhism.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 17:24
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    "laugh at the devil and he will flee from you." -probably martin luthor

bringing up budai reminds me of an essay on sisyphus by albert camus.

sisyphus if you know your mythology, was a king who tricked the gods and in return they punish him with an eternal task of pushing a rock up a hill only to watch it roll back down again.

albert camus sees t ...[text shortened]... must imagine Sisyphus happy. [/quote]

life is all about the journey, not the destination.
    Another deception of Satan the devil.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 17:27
    the primitive religions don't allow you to question your faith. and henceforth, you are diminished.
    But Christianity always allows one to question his own faith as well as the faith of others. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 23:15
    the primitive religions don't allow you to question your faith. and henceforth, you are diminished.
    Primitive? Yeah, sure, whatever.

There was plenty of time for my questions before I accepted Jesus. Now that I *know* I made the right decision, there is now only the growth I make through my faith. Drawing closer to God, not further away, is the goal. When I made my decision, I was greatly enhanced when Jesus came into my life. No longer was it just me, making human decisions, making human mistakes.

Sure I could adopt your defeatist attitude and say I'm diminished, but that's not the truth. The truth is the Holy Spirit has made my life worth living.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 00:371 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Primitive? Yeah, sure, whatever.

There was plenty of time for my questions before I accepted Jesus. Now that I *know* I made the right decision, there is now only the growth I make through my faith. Drawing closer to God, not further away, is the goal. When I made my decision, I was greatly enhanced when Jesus came into my life. No longer was it jus nished, but that's not the truth. The truth is the Holy Spirit has made my life worth living.
    you place the worth of your life on an imaginary concept and you do this on faith, not knowledge. it is a faith you are instructed not to question. that is why you are diminished.
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 01:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You seek to do the work of Satan the devil through the deception of Buddhism.
    Satan and devils are mythological concepts used in numerous religions to personify
    opposition to the good and creative forces, by deception, trickery and destruction.
    It is an inner attitude projected outwards onto the myth. It is a very powerful myth with lots of insight to be gained by studying and acquainting with it.

When it is solidified and not seen as myth, as something real, out there, we avoid facing our own 'devils'. This is reverse idolatry.
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 02:59
    "laugh at the devil and he will flee from you." -probably martin luthor

bringing up budai reminds me of an essay on sisyphus by albert camus.

sisyphus if you know your mythology, was a king who tricked the gods and in return they punish him with an eternal task of pushing a rock up a hill only to watch it roll back down again.

albert camus sees t ...[text shortened]... must imagine Sisyphus happy. [/quote]

life is all about the journey, not the destination.
    Camus here is as Zen as any roshi. One of my favorite books.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 11:12
    you place the worth of your life on an imaginary concept and you do this on faith, not knowledge. it is a faith you are instructed not to question. that is why you are diminished.
    God counts faith in Him as righteousness. 😏

9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 11:15
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Satan and devils are mythological concepts used in numerous religions to personify
    opposition to the good and creative forces, by deception, trickery and destruction.
    It is an inner attitude projected outwards onto the myth. It is a very powerful myth with lots of insight to be gained by studying and acquainting with it.

When it is solidified and not se ...[text shortened]... yth, as something real, out there, we avoid facing our own 'devils'. This is reverse idolatry.
    Satan and devils may be mythological concepts used in numerous religions, but it is based on the truth written down in the Holy Bible.

10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 17:50
    God counts faith in Him as righteousness. 🙄

god doesn't count faith as righteousness. the self-loving narcissistic bible-god counts faith as righteous.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 23:24
    I'll have you know that God's love for me and my Faith in God saved my life. I know it like I know my own name. No, the details aren't necessary.

You sit back with your smarmy attitude, not only showing ignorance, but reveling in it. Tell me how and why you consider ungratefulness to be a thing to be desired. You poor ungrateful, ignorant person. How can a life like that be an intelligent person's choice? I think maybe you need a few more of Taoman's sunrises.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." -- Hamlet, Act 1, Scene V
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 23:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'll have you know that God's love for me and my Faith in God saved my life. I know it like I know my own name. No, the details aren't necessary.

You sit back with your smarmy attitude, not only showing ignorance, but reveling in it. Tell me how and why you consider ungratefulness to be a thing to be desired. You poor ungrateful, ignorant person. Ho ...[text shortened]... ven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." -- Hamlet, Act 1, Scene V
    you have lost your center. perhaps you should appeal your imaginary friend to help you find it again.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 00:06
    you have lost your center. perhaps you should appeal your imaginary friend to help you find it again.
    And you can appeal to your imaginary spaghetti monster or your imaginary theory of evolution and see where that gets you.

By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return.
    (Genesis 3:19)
  14. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 00:29
    Watch those fists flying, one of you nearly hit the Holy Spirit!
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 03:16
    And you can appeal to your imaginary spaghetti monster or your imaginary theory of evolution and see where that gets you.
    the imaginary spaghetti monster answers exactly the same amount of prayers as your imaginary biblegod does. but i wouldn't appeal to either of them. appealing to imaginary things is your domain.

the theory of evolution is not something you make appeals to. but given your mental illness and complete lack of knowledge concerning anything to do with the theory of evolution, your mistaken beliefs are not surprising.

By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return.
    (Genesis 3:19)

i can find one of these too.

"dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind"
    (kansas)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree