Someone play with FMF

Someone play with FMF

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Mar 20

@eladar said
I said you define and I will tell you if you are right.
And so, what do you believe is wrong with my definition? You need to provide your definition of "a Christian".

F

Moves
29 Mar 20

@eladar said
You have no foundation. All you have is fluff, meaningless words.
Here it is, sentence by sentence:

[1] A Christian is defined by his or her beliefs with regard to the life, death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

[2] A Christian believes that God sent his son Jesus, the messiah, to save the world.

[3] A Christian believes that Jesus was crucified and died in order to offer the forgiveness of sins and the opportunity for "salvation".

[4] A Christian believes that Jesus rose from the dead and later ascended to heaven.

[5] A Christian believes these things and endeavours to obey God's commandments, including those that Jesus is believed to have stipulated while he was alive, and demonstrate, by doing good works, that their faith is not dead.

You say these sentences are "fluff" and "meaningless". You'd be the first Christian I have ever met who believed that to be so.

I have numbered the sentences.

Can you explain in each case how the sentence is "meaningless" to a Christian or in defining a Christian?

E

Moves
29 Mar 20
1 edit

@fmf said
And so, what do you believe is wrong with my definition? You need to provide your definition of "a Christian".
I tried to show you but you ignored it.

I can try again.

God decides what is good and what is evil. What is good today could be evil tomorrow based on God's plan.

Therefore you cannot judge any action on your own as good or evil. You will never know for sure if what you do is good or evil, God will decide that.

If you are a Christian then you will agree with God about what is good and what is evil. Others will claim to know good and evil but be wrong.

Only God knows who is who.

So who is a Christian? Just goes to show you have no clue about reality.

F

Moves
29 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
I tried to show you but you ignored it.

I can try again.

God decides what is good and what is evil. What is good today could be evil tomorrow based on God's plan.

Therefore you cannot judge any action on your own as good or evil. You will never know for sure if what you do is good or evil, God will decide that.

If you are a Christian then you will agree with God ab ...[text shortened]... ly God knows who is who.

So who is a Christian? Just goes to show you have no clue about reality.
Is there no "Jesus" in your personal religion?

Is there no "resurrection"?

No "salvation"?

No "grace"? No forgiveness of sins"?

No "good works"?

No being saved" by faith?

Is there only your personal opinion about "God" and "evil"?

No wonder you were acting in a cowardly way.

F

Moves
29 Mar 20

@eladar said
Only God knows who is who.So who is a Christian?
Do you claim to be one?

F

Moves
29 Mar 20

@eladar said
Only God knows who is who.So who is a Christian? Just goes to show you have no clue about reality.
Is the "reality" that you do not know if you are a Christian?

E

Moves
29 Mar 20

I tried, if you have questions reread it.

F

Moves
29 Mar 20

@eladar said
I tried, if you have questions reread it.
I have read it. The word "Jesus" does not appear. Are you sure it is a definition of a Christian? You seriously believe that you can define what a Christian is without reference to Jesus?

F

Moves
29 Mar 20

@eladar said
Perhaps I am a Christian perhaps I am not. Either way it is certainly none of your business.
If your definition of a "Christian", as it turns out, makes no reference to Jesus Christ, then perhaps you are not one. Are you a Jew?

E

Moves
29 Mar 20
1 edit

@fmf said
If your definition of a "Christian", as it turns out, makes no reference to Jesus Christ, then perhaps you are not one. Are you a Jew?
Maybe I am not one, but I am definitely not a Jew. If I am a Christian or not is God's judgment not mine.

F

Moves
29 Mar 20

@eladar said
Maybe I am not one, but I am definitely not a Jew. If I am a Christian or not is God's judgment not mine.
How can a definition of "a Christian" ~ like yours ~ make no reference to Jesus Christ?

F

Moves
29 Mar 20

I can honestly say, in 25 adult years as a Christian and in 15 years of talking to Christians intensively about their beliefs, I have never come across such a thing as a definition of Christian that makes no reference to Jesus!

E

Moves
29 Mar 20

@fmf said
How can a definition of "a Christian" ~ like yours ~ make no reference to Jesus Christ?
The words Jesus Christ are without meaning. There are many different ideas of who Jesus Christ is and what he taught.

F

Moves
29 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
The words Jesus Christ are without meaning. There are many different ideas of who Jesus Christ is and what he taught.
What is your definition of "a Christian" that DOES incorporate "Jesus Christ"?

You have already dismissed the tenets of Christian faith that I listed above as "meaningless" and "fluff", all of which made reference to Jesus Christ. So I get that you have ruled those 5 sentences out. So be it.

So now, what place do your ideas of 'who Jesus Christ "is" and what he taught' have in your definition of "a Christian"?

E

Moves
29 Mar 20

@fmf said
What is your definition of "a Christian" that DOES incorporate "Jesus Christ"?

You have already dismissed the tenets of Christian faith that I listed above as "meaningless" and "fluff", all of which made reference to Jesus Christ. So I get that you have ruled those 5 sentence out. So be it.

So now, what place do your ideas of who Jesus Christ "is" and what he taught have in your definition of "a Christian"?
Yes, I have called what you believe to be Christian fluff. Good luck