1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 18:48
    Originally posted by Doward
    interesting...God was manifest in the flesh...justified in the Spirit you say...hhhmmmmm sounds suspiciously trinitarian. Any comments Galvo?
    God is a multi faceted gem. Trinitarianism is just one way of looking at Him. 😉
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    thinkofone is correct, although it sorely grieves me to admit it,

(Philippians 2:5-6) . . .Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus,  who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.

why do you people overstep the inspired word of God with your pagan doctrines? why have you disavowed the very words of the Christ? and of the loyal servant Paul?
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 18:54
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

Why do so many Christians not believe His explanation?
    IMO Jesus stated we are all sons and daughters of God. But only by His grace. We are sinful fallen creation. Only by His Grace and His blood can we claim fellowship. My 2 cents. 😉
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 18:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thinkofone is correct, although it sorely grieves me to admit it,

(Philippians 2:5-6) . . .Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus,  who, [b]although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.

why do you people overstep the inspired word of God with your ...[text shortened]... doctrines? why have you disavowed the very words of the Christ? and of the loyal servant Paul?[/b]
    RC I have no intention of debating doctrine with you.
    I am right and you're on the pathway to hell.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 19:012 edits
    Originally posted by Doward
    interesting...God was manifest in the flesh...justified in the Spirit you say...hhhmmmmm sounds suspiciously trinitarian. Any comments Galvo?
    Interesting from a textual point of view that the term God in 1st Timothy 3:16 is actually an interpolation, a corruption of the Greek verse for he.

In 1859 Tischendorf found what was the oldest known complete copy of the Christian Greek Scriptures in a monastery at the base of Mount Sinai, the Codec Sinaiticus, how did it read at 1 Timothy 3:16?

'He was made manifest in the flesh.' In place of “he,” the majority of then-known manuscripts showed an abbreviation for “God,” made by a small alteration of the Greek word for “he.” However, Sinaiticus was made many years before any Greek manuscript reading “God.” Thus, it revealed that there had been a later corruption of the text, evidently introduced to support the Trinity doctrine.

Dithpicable! what have you to say for yourselves now?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 19:03
    I love AC/DC but ill be roasting like a loch fine herring before i accept this pagan doctrine!
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 19:14
    Another jury, judge and execusioner type huh? Lol
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 19:16
    Where does the BIBLE say that?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 20:50
    why do you people overstep the inspired word of God with your pagan doctrines? why have you disavowed the very words of the Christ? and of the loyal servant Paul?
    Oh, here we go again.

We don't agree with you and therefore we must be somehow "pagan"?

How Christian is that?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 20:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why were the Jews going to stone Jesus?
    The same reason he was crucified.

"Blasphemy".
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 20:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, here we go again.

We don't agree with you and therefore we must be somehow "pagan"?

How Christian is that?
    Are you denying the fact? I didn't make it up you know. Others are also inclined to state that it is for a certainty of pagan origin.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 20:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The same reason he was crucified.

"Blasphemy".
    He was actually tried and crucified for sedition, but its a technical point. 🙂
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    In the following passage Jesus explained to the Jews that in using the term "Son of God" He was referring to ALL those "to whom the word of God came" and was not "making [Himself] to be God".

John 10
    31The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stonin ...[text shortened]... aid, ‘I am the Son of God’?

Why do so many Christians not believe His explanation?[/b]
    John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."

Did you lose a word at the start of verse 36? "what".

Jesus was 'a' son of God, he was appealing to his humanity as a reason not to stone him; as in we are ALL God's children including his flesh.

All Christians believe that Jesus is God incarnate; it is only the sects such as the JW's who don't.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:04
    He was actually tried and crucified for sedition, but its a technical point. 🙂
    I don't think that is proven in scripture
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:102 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't think that is proven in scripture
    i think it is. Please consider this.

Jesus’ Trial.

When Jesus was brought to trial before the Roman governor Pontius Pilate, he was charged by the religious leaders with grave offenses: “subverting [the Jewish] nation and forbidding the paying of taxes to Caesar and saying he himself is Christ a king.” (Lu 23:1, 2) This three-pronged charge actually meant they were accusing Jesus of high treason or, as the Romans expressed it, crimen laesae majestatis (today called lèse-majesté. Pilate recognized this because later he said, “You brought this man to me as one inciting the people to revolt.” (Lu 23:13, 14) In 48 B.C.E., the law called lex Julia majestatis had made it an offense to engage in any activity against the sovereign power of Rome. This law was given broad application so that, by Jesus’ time, virtually any insult to Caesar or any activity giving an outward appearance of sedition could be the basis for the charge of treason. Tiberius, the Caesar then reigning, was particularly sensitive to criticism or opposition, and his rule was noted for the encouragement of “informers” who would bring accusations against supposed traitors.

Throughout the Roman Empire no king could rule without Caesar’s consent. Thus, Pilate, in questioning Jesus, apparently concentrated his interrogation on the issue of Jesus’ kingship. (Mt 27:11; Mr 15:2; Lu 23:3; Joh 18:33-37) Pilate endeavored to free Jesus as guiltless, but the Jewish leaders cried out: “If you release this man, you are not a friend of Caesar. Every man making himself a king speaks against Caesar.” (Joh 19:12) The term “friend of Caesar” was a title of honor often bestowed on provincial governors; but the Jewish leaders here evidently used it in a general way, implying that Pilate was laying himself open to the charge of condoning high treason. Fear of a jealous emperor was a factor influencing Pilate in pronouncing the death sentence on an innocent man. Meanwhile the priests loudly proclaimed their loyalty to the imperial throne, saying, “We have no king but Caesar,” thereby rejecting any theocratic rule. (Joh 19:13-16; compare Isa 9:6, 7; 33:22.) They objected in vain to the title “King of the Jews” that Pilate had placed on Jesus’ stake. (Joh 19:19-22) The Romans customarily posted a sign identifying the crime for which a criminal was condemned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree