1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 11:23
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I know many (many) wonderful people who are not followers of your God. To assign them all to the devil is the glaring weakness in your particular brand of the divine.
    Really the scales you use to define good where does it come yourself or from something else. Jesus when asked said that only God is good, while we may say some are good, but that has to be according to the sliding scales we use while comparing ourselves to ourselves.

What framework matters to God for judgment and justice, what we allow to pass as righteousness or His? Ultimately when everyone is judged what standard will be truly justice, one that lets crimes slide or holds all accountable for everything?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 11:27
    @rajk999 said
    Doing good works is s burden for you. I thought so.
    You are a Priest / Levite. / Goat
    You are not a Good Samaritan / Sheep.

OK. Secondson cleatly making the statement finally.
    Sonship ignoring the opening post
    KellyJay beating around the bush
    You like condemning others, throwing the first stone?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 11:351 edit
    @secondson said
    1 Corinthians 3:13-15
    Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
    Here we have another sonship-type Christian. Cutting off the very next verse because it condemns his stupid church doctrine. Here is the whole passage again

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
    If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:13-17 KJV)

Paul identified 3 groups of born again Christian Saints
    1. The righteous who will be saved and rewarded because of their good works
    2. The average who will suffer loss but still get eternal life.
    3. The evil ones who will be destroyed
    THREE, Secondson. . NOT TWO.
    This warning was repeated all over the writings of Paul, who stated many times that there is no inheritance for Christian saints who do evil.

Do you really thing anyone takes you, Kellyjay and sonship seriously when you people are so blooming deceitful and crooked?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 11:37
    @kellyjay said
    You like condemning others, throwing the first stone?
    I like the truth.
    You dont like it?
    Go post on Facebook.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 11:42
    @kellyjay said
    Really the scales you use to define good where does it come yourself or from something else. Jesus when asked said that only God is good, while we may say some are good, but that has to be according to the sliding scales we use while comparing ourselves to ourselves.

What framework matters to God for judgment and justice, what we allow to pass as righteousness or His? Ult ...[text shortened]... standard will be truly justice, one that lets crimes slide or holds all accountable for everything?
    Jesus defined righteousness many times. Maybe you have not come across it. Let me help you. I know you have reading and comprehension problems

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: ....
    Then shall the righteous answer him, saying,
    Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee?
    or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
    When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
    Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
    And the King shall answer and say unto them,
    Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
    (Matthew 25:31-40 KJV)

Jesus defined evil as well. Do you want me to post that? You are not going to like it because it sounds a lot like Jesus is describing you church Christians.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 11:42
    @fmf said
    Does Jesus' crucifixion create any obligation for those who follow Him to obey his commandments and do good works, or does His crucifixion mean there is no obligation for those who follow Him - and who seek "salvation" - to obey his commandments and do good works?
    I think the word "obligation" infers a responsibility beyond our capacity relative to doing good works for salvation. I think the following verses says it as it should be understood.

Romans 5:5
    And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 Thessalonians 1:3
    Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;..

2 Corinthians 5:14a
    For the love of Christ constraineth us;..

Doing good works is for love's sake. Not to earn salvation, nor for trophies of rewards, but because of a grateful heart and to serve our saviour.

And what's more, it is illogical to imagine that we can somehow give back to God anything. God is the giver. We receive God's salvation through faith, not by earning it with works.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 11:531 edit
    @secondson said
    That's what I've been trying to tell Rajk.

Here's why: salvation comes from God. Logically, a flawed sinner cannot do anything good enough to save himself. As it is stated in Romans 5, simplified, #1 "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly." #2 "while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." #3 "when we were enemies, we were recon ...[text shortened]... ess with regards to that "which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
    Trying to tell me? You have not been trying. You have told me this. Sonship, told me, KellyJay told me. Others told me. I know your church doctrine to a T. The problem is that Jesus Christ did not tell me. Neither did Paul, nor Peter, Not James not John.. None of these fellas said any such thing. You have omitted all that Jesus and the Apostles said about faith being dead without works. Works is greater than Faith. Following the commandments means you Know Christ. Doing evil leads to damnation. There is no inheritance in the Kingdom if you do not live righteously. These are all addressed to born again Christian Saints.

What you have done is lifted out a few select sentences and twisted them, polished them, sugarcoated them, and applied them to you. According to FMF, its the great 'TYWTELD' [Think Your Way To Eternal Life Doctrine] that leads to damnation.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. I am contented that it has achieved what it set out to achieve.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 14:21
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus defined righteousness many times. Maybe you have not come across it. Let me help you. I know you have reading and comprehension problems

[i]When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: ....
    Then shall the righteous answer him, saying,
    Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and ...[text shortened]... You are not going to like it because it sounds a lot like Jesus is describing you church Christians.
    He was talking about what they did and over and over you are told they (those who belong to the Lord) will do good works! You keep missing the point you need Jesus, you need God in you. Don’t be far from God!
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 14:26
    @kellyjay said
    He was talking about what they did and over and over you are told they (those who belong to the Lord) will do good works! You keep missing the point you need Jesus, you need God in you. Don’t be far from God!
    You can talk the same foolishness over and over and over, all you like. Your nonsense explanations are not in the bible.

You keep missing the point. Those who do good works have Jesus in them and have God in them. This fact is demonstrated by their actions and their works. You are professing mouth worhsip again, which is the doctrine that says profess belief and only then can one do good works. Jesus says no such thing.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 16:29
    @rajk999 said
    Here we have another sonship-type Christian. Cutting off the very next verse because it condemns his stupid church doctrine. Here is the whole passage again

[i]Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    If any man's work abide which he hath built ...[text shortened]... one takes you, Kellyjay and sonship seriously when you people are so blooming deceitful and crooked?
    I see your problem. You are daft.

Look at the title of this thread you started, and then your OP.

Also, take note of what I said in the post you are now replying to. My post was in reply to a question posed by FMF.

But you are using my post as a springboard for your pet peeves.

You in no wise exemplify Jesus. You sound like the adversary condemning the church and speak hatefully with disdain against anyone that doesn't agree with you.

Go drink some more alcohol.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 16:38
    @rajk999 said
    You can talk the same foolishness over and over and over, all you like. Your nonsense explanations are not in the bible.

You keep missing the point. Those who do good works have Jesus in them and have God in them. This fact is demonstrated by their actions and their works. You are professing mouth worhsip again, which is the doctrine that says profess belief and only then can one do good works. Jesus says no such thing.
    If you are not abiding in Christ and He in you, if you don’t have the Holy Spirit within you, you don’t belong to God. You have been given scriptural support for this, you will have no excuse.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 16:48
    @kellyjay said
    If you are not abiding in Christ and He in you, if you don’t have the Holy Spirit within you, you don’t belong to God. You have been given scriptural support for this, you will have no excuse.
    So when did God give you the ability to know who has the Holy Spirit and who does not?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 16:51
    @secondson said
    I see your problem. You are daft.

Look at the title of this thread you started, and then your OP.

Also, take note of what I said in the post you are now replying to. My post was in reply to a question posed by FMF.

But you are using my post as a springboard for your pet peeves.

You in no wise exemplify Jesus. You sound like the adversary condemning the church ...[text shortened]... ak hatefully with disdain against anyone that doesn't agree with you.

Go drink some more alcohol.
    Your answer to FMF is blooming lie, concocted by your church to deceive members. You are wilfully misrepresenting what Paul said. Try telling the truth .... damn fool.

Have I ever said I exemplify Jesus? You idiot.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 16:58
    @rajk999 said
    So when did God give you the ability to know who has the Holy Spirit and who does not?
    You have claimed that knowledge I haven’t. What I have said is according to scripture!
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '19 19:302 edits
    @rajk999 said
    The bible says nothing about a relationship with Christ, so that doctrine is a fabrication of your church. Your definition f mouth worship is incorrect as well.
    The #1 commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart. We are also to pray to him and call the God of the Universe Abba, or Father. No other religion has it's adherents refer to God in such an intimate way. We are also to seek God with all our heart

Yet you don't see relationship here.

Fascinating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree