1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 00:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    My opinion? Don't be so silly. Are you seriously claiming that Dasa is a christian like you? Dasa doesn't subscribe to your 'devil doctrine' - that's not an opinion, it's a fact - so you asking him if he's saying 'God is a liar' is just sheer vanity and silliness on your part, not genuine spiritual discourse. Just as his assertion that the Vedic "authority" appl ...[text shortened]... i]So you disagree with me, are you calling God a liar?[/i] brand of "spirituality".
    Take it easy big fella! Hey, is that a picture of you with your kids? Nice. See my granddaughter there? Newest edition.

Look FMF. It's your opinion that there is 'no God'. Unless you ascribe to that notion as a belief, then I guess you could say that atheism is a religion. Let's not argue semantics.

There are a number of points you made I'd like to address.

"Are you seriously claiming that Dasa is a christian like you?"

Don't be silly. Dasa isn't a Christian.

"-so you asking him if he's saying 'God is a liar' is just sheer vanity and silliness on your part, not genuine spiritual discourse."

True. But consider who I was speaking to.

"If - just supposing - Dasa/vishvahetu is a satirist/troll (as some have speculated),"

I would be seriously concerned if Dasa was a true believer. But that's not possible.

"then he is undoubtedly parodying the likes of you with your So you disagree with me, are you calling God a liar? brand of "spirituality"."

An astute analogy FMF. But it doesn't work. For one thing you quoted me out of context. Dasa and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum. One of us is wrong. You think we're both wrong. We think you're wrong.

We can't all be right, but we can all be wrong.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 02:11
    Originally posted by josephw
    Look FMF. It's your opinion that there is 'no God'. Unless you ascribe to that notion as a belief, then I guess you could say that atheism is a religion. Let's not argue semantics.
    Where have I argued that there is no God? You and I have written posts to each other specifically on my theism. Do you have no respect at all? Why would you misstate my belief in this way?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 02:15
    Don't be silly. Dasa isn't a Christian.
    Then why are you asking Dasa if he thinks 'God is a liar' because he doesn't subscribe to one of your Christian beliefs? He's not a Christian. You say so yourself. Projecting your belief system on to him in this way is every bit as presumptuous and posturing as he is. There is no 'opposite ends of the spectrum' thing going on here. You and Dasa are peas in a pod.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 21:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Where have I argued that there is no God? You and I have written posts to each other specifically on my theism. Do you have no respect at all? Why would you misstate my belief in this way?
    Oh, I forgot you were a Christian.

So just exactly what brand of theism do you hold to?

Is it the one that says one can't know God?

Please, give it to me again. I promise this time I will etch it in my mind.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 21:511 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Then why are you asking Dasa if he thinks 'God is a liar' because he doesn't subscribe to one of your Christian beliefs? He's not a Christian. You say so yourself. Projecting your belief system on to him in this way is every bit as presumptuous and posturing as he is. There is no 'opposite ends of the spectrum' thing going on here. You and Dasa are peas in a pod.
    I didn't 'project' anything on him. You are projecting, and taking me out of context.

The post you are referring to was meant as a form of sarcasm anyway. You missed the intent. Perhaps because you take yourself too seriously. Or perhaps you think you are better informed about religious matters, and therefore are qualified to question others meanings and intents. Either way, you know I believe in the Truth.

Do you know the Truth?
    Do you think Dasa knows the Truth?
    Do you think anyone knows the Truth?
    Or do you think no one knows the Truth?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 23:57
    The post you are referring to was meant as a form of sarcasm anyway. You missed the intent. Perhaps because you take yourself too seriously. Or perhaps you think you are better informed about religious matters, and therefore are qualified to question others meanings and intents. Either way, you know I believe in the Truth.
    Questioning each others meanings and intents is what a forum is for. Only the likes of you and Dasa talk about people needing 'qualification' to do so.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 00:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Questioning each others meanings and intents is what a forum is for. Only the likes of you and Dasa talk about people needing 'qualification' to do so.
    You've got to be kidding!

Do you think that someone with no knowledge of a particular subject is qualified to question someone who does about their meaning and intent?

Do you realise you are scrambling up everything that has been said to fit your own paradigm?

And why do you chastise Dasa for not answering you when you do the same thing?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 00:211 edit
    You've got to be kidding!
    No. This is a forum. You a cannot dissuade me from participating by simply making remarks like: "...or perhaps you think you are better informed about religious matters, and therefore are qualified to question others meanings and intents." Online forums like this exists in order for people to question others meanings and intents.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 00:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. This is a forum. You a cannot dissuade me from participating by simply making remarks like: "...or perhaps you think you are better informed about religious matters, and therefore are qualified to question others meanings and intents." Online forums like this exists in order for people to question others meanings and intents.
    Then you shouldn't have a problem with me questioning yours.

I have no intention of dissuading from participating in this forum.

Why would you think that?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 00:56
    I have no intention of dissuading from participating in this forum.

Why would you think that?
    Because, rather than just engage with what I'd said, you resorted to snide remarks questioning my "qualifications" for criticizing your post or disagreeing with you. This is something Dasa does all the time. 'You are not qualified to disagree with me...' etc. etc. Dogma and doctrine aside, it's interesting to see how much you and Dasa overlap. Assertions. Certitude. Citing "authorities". Awkward, snide retorts in the face of dissent.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 01:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because, rather than just engage with what I'd said, you resorted to snide remarks questioning my "qualifications" for criticizing your post or disagreeing with you. This is something Dasa does all the time. 'You are not qualified to disagree with me...' etc. etc. Dogma and doctrine aside, it's interesting to see how much you and Dasa overlap. Assertions. Certitude. Citing "authorities". Awkward, snide retorts in the face of dissent.
    You're doing it again.

I didn't question your qualifications. You have misrepresented my statements again out of context.

I wasn't being 'snide'. It was sarcasm.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 01:08
    I didn't question your qualifications. You have misrepresented my statements again out of context.
    Yes you did. And the context was clear. Here it is again:

"Perhaps because you take yourself too seriously. Or perhaps you think you are better informed about religious matters, and therefore are qualified to question others meanings and intents."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree