Spiritual Warfare

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 26 Jul '13 18:17
  1. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 18:17
    I know many unbelievers here do not believe in demonic activity. Many so called Christians don't either.
    My question is, I believe, related to demonic activity. That is, that Satan and demons have such a hatred for God and His people that they slander Him at every opportunity.
    Think about this for a moment, ask yourself why is it that in every language, practically anywhere you go, most people curse with G..d D..n or Jesus Christ! Why is it you never hear Buddha D... or Mohamed D... or any other diety? This has been going on for a long time...why do you suppose that is?
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 18:221 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I know many unbelievers here do not believe in demonic activity. Many so called Christians don't either.
    My question is, I believe, related to demonic activity. That is, that Satan and demons have such a hatred for God and His people that they slander Him at every opportunity.
    Think about this for a moment, ask yourself why is it that in every language ...[text shortened]... d D... or any other diety? This has been going on for a long time...why do you suppose that is?
    are you saying that why my wife is moaning 'oh god' while im on the job she is having some sort of demonic possession? and when i hit my thumb with a hammer and cry jesus fkn christ!!! am i having a demon speaking through me?
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 18:44
    Think about this for a moment, ask yourself why is it that in every language ...[text shortened]... d D... or any other diety? This has been going on for a long time...why do you suppose that is?
    How would you possibly know what people in predominantly non-Christian countries say when they swear?
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 18:51
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you saying that why my wife is moaning 'oh god' while im on the job she is having some sort of demonic possession? and when i hit my thumb with a hammer and cry jesus fkn christ!!! am i having a demon speaking through me?
    Are you that good? When you're on the job? 😛
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 21:12
    why do you suppose that is?
    Words of Power are what they are.

Just as I'm sure you've heard that knowing the name of a demon traditionally gives you some power over him, so does the name of our Lord give us power... the demons know His name and they fear it.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 21:371 edit
    Think about this for a moment, ask yourself why is it that in every language, practically anywhere you go, most people curse with G..d D..n or Jesus Christ! Why is it you never hear Buddha D... or Mohamed D... or any other diety? This has been going on for a long time...why do you suppose that is?
    I watch Chinese and Korean tv series, and yes they do occasional call on Buddha.
    You won't here too many people misusing Muhammad's name as doing so near a Muslim is a recipe for disaster (they don't take it kindly).
    I have always found it interesting how Christians use both God and Jesus Christ as swear words despite being cautioned against it in the 10 commandments. Although one could argue that that refers to Gods special hebrew name, and you can do what you like with 'God'.

I have also heard the expression 'Holy Cow'. I used to think it was in reference to Hinduism, but looking it up on Wikipedia I see it is an attempt to avoid saying 'Holy Christ'.

Catholics like to say 'Holy Mary mother of God'. Do you think demons planned that one too?
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 21:53
    I am not saying demonic possession as some of you seem to imply, but demonic influence...and natural upbringing in a world where Satan has sway over the world.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 22:47
    I think that's only in western, mainly Christian countries.

Gosh knows what those foreigners are saying when they curse, but I'm sure it aint 'god' or 'jesus christ'.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 00:00
    Observation: people finally resort to cursing persons, places and things that represent insurmountable obstacles
    to what they crave but cannot have without accepting the prevailing authority governing access [in any realm].
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 03:34
    by Jove!
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 04:58
    It is because you have a limited education.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 05:27
    What kind of pezzo di merda claims to know the curses of languages they do not speak? 😵
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 05:321 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    Could be. 😀

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 07:23
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    What kind of pezzo di merda claims to know the curses of languages they do not speak? 😵
    Yeah, I speak Hungarian, which is famous for its extensive and creative cursing vocabulary.
    If we looked for biblical references within the most common Hungarian curse words, we would find that god is female (mother.. ***), and probably a sex organ.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 07:36
    Cursing isn't the thing I'd be most concern about, since "Spiritual Warfare"
    is something that is real where we are warned in scripture that we should
    not be at war with one another but with the spiritual forces that are against
    us, keeping us attacking one another and God.
    Kelly