1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 07:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Cursing isn't the thing I'd be most concern about, since "Spiritual Warfare"
    is something that is real where we are warned in scripture that we should
    not be at war with one another but with the spiritual forces that are against
    us, keeping us attacking one another and God.
    Kelly
    So following on from that should we stop attacking each other?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 13:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Cursing isn't the thing I'd be most concern about, since "Spiritual Warfare"
    is something that is real where we are warned in scripture that we should
    not be at war with one another but with the spiritual forces that are against
    us, keeping us attacking one another and God.
    Kelly
    I agree...I was merely pointing out some thing to ponder for unbelievers. I have heard many preachers from all over the globe say this about cursing or using the Lord's name in vain, along with Christianity being the only known religion with a Savior. All other religions require something from the individual to pay for his/her own sins.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 13:14
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I agree...I was merely pointing out some thing to ponder for unbelievers. I have heard many preachers from all over the globe say this about cursing or using the Lord's name in vain, along with Christianity being the only known religion with a Savior. All other religions require something from the individual to pay for his/her own sins.
    Let me give you some good advice: being a preacher is not an indication of expertise in any field. Also preachers are typically biased.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 13:30
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This is the problem with not applying rationality and reason.

Yes, Demons possessing/influencing people would explain people all over the
    world cursing using 'Christian swear words'.

However this could also be explained by the fact that Christianity was spread
    around the world by the European empires and they exported their bad language
    with them.

One of these explanations doesn't require the existence of unproven supernatural
    beings, and is something you would expect to happen if they existed or not.

Even if demons did exist, you wouldn't need them to explain people saying "oh god"
    all around the world.

So no, this doesn't give anything for unbelievers to think about.

You also wrap this up in a whole bunch of ignorance...

"Christianity being the only known religion with a Savior..." ..... seriously?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 13:501 edit
    On the day of judgment men will give account for every careless word they spoke, says Christ. Some translations say idle word.

If man can bring back your emails and phone recordngs you can imagine what God can do.

Matthew 12:37 - " ... For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. ... And I say to you that every idle word which men shall speak, they will render an account concerning it in the day of judgment. For by your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned."

In many cases the dumb will probably be better off. But best are those who have brought all their sins under the precious blood of Christ's redemption. That is the eraser of our record of iniquities.

With the eraser of Christ's redemption, what you wrote, what you said, when you lifted up the name of God in vain, every idle word, every nonsensical word which did nothing, every word of every kind will be brought back from God's infallible record.

There will be no oversights, no mistakes and no omissions. And there will be no secrets -

"In the day when God judges the secrets of men according to my gospel through Jesus Christ. " (Rom. 2:16)

He said what we whispered in a closet will be proclaimed on the housetops.

"But there is nothing covered up which will not be reveals, and hidden which will not be known. Therefore what you have said in the darkness will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in the private rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops." (Luke 12:2-3)

I often ask God to cleanse me of the sin of words I spoke or wrote. I tell Him that if He calls me to account for something I just said in a evil mood I would not know how to answer Him. If we confess our sins He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This is as real to me as sitting at a breakfast table eating a piece of toast.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 13:56
    Originally posted by sonship
    On the day of judgment men will give account for every careless word they spoke, says Christ. Some translations say idle word.
    It seems you and checkbaiter belong to different religions. He claims that Christianity does not:
    ....require something from the individual to pay for his/her own sins.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 22:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    by Jove!
    Leaping lizards Commander Corey!
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 22:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Let me give you some good advice: being a preacher is not an indication of expertise in any field. Also preachers are typically biased.
    By definition....
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 22:33
    It seems you and checkbaiter belong to different religions. He claims that Christianity does not:
    Actually it does. It requires faith in Jesus Christ as our payment for our sin. He is our substitute for sin which must be paid for.
    Other religions require self payment of one form or another, but this is insufficient as an acceptable payment to God. We can never pay for our sin on our own, other than our own lives. That is, to be tossed in the Lake of Fire, which is the only other way aside from Jesus Christ.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 23:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So following on from that should we stop attacking each other?
    If God calls us to care about each other why would attacking be thought of
    as the thing to do? Its in our nature, but so are a lot other things that we
    attempt to control.
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 23:51
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you saying that why my wife is moaning 'oh god' while im on the job she is having some sort of demonic possession? and when i hit my thumb with a hammer and cry jesus fkn christ!!! am i having a demon speaking through me?
    Your wife fakes those sounds to get it over with. I heard you are a one minute man.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 23:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Your wife fakes those sounds to get it over with. I heard you are a one minute man.
    That's uncalled for.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '13 23:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Leaping lizards Commander Corey!
    Years ago I read that "leaping lizards" and a number of similar exclamations are modifications of ones that directly reference Biblical figures; Lizards standing in for Lazarus who rose from the dead. Gee whiz, gosh, gol dern it, egads, holy moly, and cripes, are other examples. I did a bit of searching just now and didn't get any immediate hits on this idea.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 04:24
    You must have stuck your head up your arse again.

The Instructor
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 04:32
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Are you that good? When you're on the job? 😛
    ""Oh God"please let it end" was probably edited for public consumption.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree