1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 03:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    I buy grass fed beef from a farmer. I also get my milk raw from an organic dairy. We buy our vegetables from the Amish and other organic growers. We have a garden of our own as well. We used to can a lot of food, but have gone over to freezing for freshness and nutritional quality.

I really don't "feel" so strongly about this topic since it comes naturall ...[text shortened]... ok and devotes a lot of time in food preparation since most of what we eat is made from scratch.
    Thanks for the straight forward answer. 😉
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 03:12
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Ate foie gras at a dinner party once (so as not to be rude) but regretted it since.
    It is a disgusting practice.

I was fishetarian for over 10 years but lapsed.
    We buy free-range eggs, chicken and pork.
    it's more expensive per kilo but we buy smaller cuts for the same
    maoney. Probably healthier for our bodes as well as our souls!

As I have said ...[text shortened]... we treat our animals, our sick, our
    children and our convicts is what defines us as a society.
    "As I have said before the way we treat our animals, our sick, our
    children and our convicts is what defines us as a society."

Then you have to agree we live in the greatest society man has ever known!

And by the way, how on earth did you segue from your opening statements to the one above? 🙄
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 03:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thanks for the straight forward answer. 😉
    Finally eh!? 😉
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 03:21
    Finally eh!? 😉
    Yes. I know why you squirm and wriggle and lash out when the topic is one that might put you at theological odds with other Christians, but I don't really know why the beat round the bush a bit on this topic. 😉
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 03:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. I know why you squirm and wriggle and lash out when the topic is one that might put you at theological odds with other Christians, but I don't really know why the beat round the bush a bit on this topic. 😉
    I really didn't think I was beating around the bush, and contrary to your perceptions of me I don't squirm, wriggle or lash out whether I am at odds with other Christian's theology or not. I choose not to engage with other Christians when I disagree with them in this public forum.

My focus is primarily with the lost. Believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved. That is something all Christians will agree with. Of course there's always the exception, that is, someone who calls himself a Christian, but in his heart he knows not God.

Hittin' the sack FMF.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 04:01
    I really didn't think I was beating around the bush, and contrary to your perceptions of me I don't squirm, wriggle or lash out whether I am at odds with other Christian's theology or not. I choose not to engage with other Christians when I disagree with them in this public forum.
    "Salvation" and "damnation" and the supposed fate of non-believers are fundamental parts of Christian theology, but when it comes to the notion of "eternal torture", you are unable to state clearly what you believe. I perceive it to be a 'courage deficit' on your part, or maybe I am wrong.

You say: 'I choose not to engage with other Christians when I disagree with them in this public forum"... are you absolutely sure you're telling the truth here? It's a peculiar claim for you to make about yourself.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 04:03
    My focus is primarily with the lost. Believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
    What happens to "the lost" who do not believe in Jesus Christ and who are not "saved"? What happens to them according to your understanding of Christian theology?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 09:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is certainly not as big a deal as you are presenting that it is.

If you have a problem with josephw, then out with it, and don't use excuses to "bad-mouth" him. That's what trolls do, especially ones who really don't care too much about the topic they are trolling in. In fact, the topic doesn't matter at all to those who follow people around, "bad-mouth"ing them in thread after thread, none of which has any relation to the original beef.
    I don't "have a problem" with Joesephw nor am I "badmouthing" him.

As you seem to have a problem with me, can you point out exactly what I've said that you consider to be "badmouthing".
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 09:281 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Who's posting stuff for effect now?
    Hinds repeatedly demeans those words and phrases. Many here view him an atheist troll trying to demean Christianity, that how bad he is. Sometimes I get so sick of his blithering idiocy I feel the need to point it out. Nothing for you to get you dungarees in twist over.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 09:29
    I buy grass fed beef from a farmer. I also get my milk raw from an organic dairy. We buy our vegetables from the Amish and other organic growers. We have a garden of our own as well. We used to can a lot of food, but have gone over to freezing for freshness and nutritional quality.

I really don't "feel" so strongly about this topic since it comes naturall ...[text shortened]... ok and devotes a lot of time in food preparation since most of what we eat is made from scratch.
    When can I come for dinner?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 12:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]"Salvation" and "damnation" and the supposed fate of non-believers are fundamental parts of Christian theology, but when it comes to the notion of "eternal torture", you are unable to state clearly what you believe. I perceive it to be a 'courage deficit' on your part, or maybe I am wrong.

You say: 'I choose not to engage with other Christians when I disagre ...[text shortened]... utely sure you're telling the truth here? It's a peculiar claim for you to make about yourself.[/bb]
    ""Salvation" and "damnation" and the supposed fate of non-believers are fundamental parts of Christian theology,.."

That's right! Whatever is taught by the Word of God is fundamental to the faith, but not all supposed "Christian theology" is. Misinterpretation is fundamental to theology.

"...but when it comes to the notion of "eternal torture", you are unable to state clearly what you believe."

Not unable, just unwilling. Reason is because of the way you pose the question. "Torture" is not a term used in the Bible to define the condition of those who suffer the consequences of separation from God for ever and ever. I can't find a single reference that suggests that "torture" is associated with separation from God. So you see, I will not address the question as long as it is posed in such a way. Is that "clearly stated" enough for you?

"I perceive it to be a 'courage deficit' on your part, or maybe I am wrong."

Surely you don't really think I am afraid to say what I believe do you?

"You say: 'I choose not to engage with other Christians when I disagree with them in this public forum"... are you absolutely sure you're telling the truth here? It's a peculiar claim for you to make about yourself."

On occasion I have addressed something or another that was posted by a Christian in this forum, but by and large I refrain from becoming embroiled in a debate over points of doctrine with believers except under certain circumstances. Those circumstances don't exist in a public forum.

Oddly enough though those circumstance do exist in this public forum as it applies to unbelievers.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 12:27
    Surely you don't really think I am afraid to say what I believe do you? .
    About sonship's vengeful torturer God theology? Yes, I absolutely do sense that you are afraid to say what you believe.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 12:321 edit
    On occasion I have addressed something or another that was posted by a Christian in this forum, but by and large I refrain from becoming embroiled in a debate over points of doctrine with believers except under certain circumstances. Those circumstances don't exist in a public forum.
    So It WAS "I choose not to engage with other Christians when I disagree with them..." but NOW it's you do sometimes engage with other Christians when you disagree with them, yes? And this happens, you say, "under certain circumstances"... but such circumstances "don't exist" here, yes? One wonders why you are being so equivocal.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 12:35
    Not unable, just unwilling. Reason is because of the way you pose the question. "Torture" is not a term used in the Bible to define the condition of those who suffer the consequences of separation from God for ever and ever. I can't find a single reference that suggests that "torture" is associated with separation from God. So you see, I will not address the question as long as it is posed in such a way. Is that "clearly stated" enough for you?
    Do you agree with the notion of the afterlife and fate of unbelievers who are not "saved" that sonship depicts and propagates, or are you more inclined towards the interpretation that posters like Checkbaiter and Suzianne put forward?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 12:37
    My focus is primarily with the lost. Believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
    How can your focus be primarily with the "lost" when you won't say what you believe happens to them if they are not "saved"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree