1. Altoona, Iowa.
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 20:45
    I work A boring job so I tell my co-workers about God.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 20:481 edit
    most people who reject Jesus nowadays do so without giving it a second thought because it's what Hollywood and the media does.

If you're talking about the US, and I assume that you are since you mention Hollywood, then how do you explain that the overwhelming majority of Americans are xtians? Even if they are not "true xtians," in your God-inspired opinion, they, at the very least, view Jesus favorably.

A lot of people are being brainwashed.

I think you need to take in life outside of high school for a bit. Stop parroting your youth pastor or the latest in cheap apologetics. Learn to think for yourself. Not that you're behind your peers, since few people really learn to question their beliefs until well after high school.

This will probably fall on deaf ears right now, but as a rule you should be wary about thinking that almost everyone else but you is being "brainwashed." Cult members think this way.

So, why have you rejected Jesus?

I haven't. I've read what he reportedly had to say. I've decided what parts of "his" philosophy I think are well-grounded and what parts I think are weak. I do reject the people that waste my time claiming that he is still alive and is a god.

To stay on topic, a Christian would never favor a worker simply because they are Christian as well, that was pretty bogus.

Watch it! You are making claims about a tremendous number of people. Make claims about yourself. You don't know what other xtians will do.

If you do better work, expect to get better rewards.

Boy, are you ever in for a surprise!
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 20:48
    Originally posted by Chessteen16
    I work A boring job so I tell my co-workers about God.
    Which, I'm sure, bores your co-workers even further.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 21:36
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Union talk seems to have no place in the private stores of wal-mart.

The topic : I don't religion should be banned, if someone wishes to be religious that is their right. If someone wishes to not hear about that is another right. When these two conflict with each other is where we ahave a problem.

Nyxie
    the Valkyrja
    Union-talk is legally protected, but difficult to enforce. The employer fires you on a bogus reason, you can go to court etc. etc.

Off-topic, I know, so I'll leave: just didn't want somebody gettin' fired because of something I said.😕
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 21:47
    I had an interesting day at work. I found that three of the people I work with go to a church where homosexuals are referred to as queers during the sermons. Also, Catholics are denegrated.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 21:59
    A lot of places in the Fresno/Clovis area, play Christian music and have Bibles at the work place.

I know a firefighter who worked in tahoe and played Christian music at the station, and when he left a lot of the Firefighters said they would miss his music. And they were being truthful to him.

My ex's dad witnessed a lot to his co-workers.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:01
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    A Christian employer kept me on when he should have fired me because I got the job through some mutual friends that were Christians, and he assumed that I was as well.
    You ever think it was because he didn't want to fire you? What non-believers will never understand is the love we receive from the Lord Jesus Christ when we give our lives to Him. We don't just "assume" people are Christian, we can tell by the way they live their life.
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:02
    Originally posted by wib
    [b]Darfius: It's not irrelevant, most people who reject Jesus nowadays do so without giving it a second thought because it's what Hollywood and the media does. A lot of people are being brainwashed.

No, they don't reject Jesus because of Hollywood. I can think of a lot of reasons to reject Jesus and none of them have to do with Hollywood. You're ...[text shortened]... e've always been prone to commit. You obviously have spent very little time in the workforce. [/b]
    And you've obviously spent very little time with Christians.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:11
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    A Christian employer kept me on when he should have fired me because I got the job through some mutual friends that were Christians, and he assumed that I was as well.
    I was watching the Benny hinn Crusades and at them they always have people give testamony's of healings that the Lord has done.

A girl came up there who was healed of her back pain and she was praising God. And after that they had another person come up to give their testamony of what Jesus had done for them.

Then that one girl came back and said she was a hindo. So jesus will heal anybody, as long as they put there trust in him.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:11
    Originally posted by Darfius
    And you've obviously spent very little time with Christians.
    Darfius, how do you react to my post above? If you were me, how would you react in that situation?
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:14
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Excellent question! Whether or not witnessing is accepted as appropriate depends on how the people in the workplace view it. If someone objected, I think the "witnesser" could be compelled to stop, subject to disciplinary action. I'm speaking in the context of the US, where free speech rights do not generally extend into the private sector workplace. ...[text shortened]... particular one I know about is union-talk. Can't remember any others; maybe someone else can.
    Maybe if you are out to lunch with a co-worker, a good start would be to pray before reseving your lunch.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:15
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I lied because I liked the guy and I figured it would bring him a little light in his life. Was that so wrong?

About Jesus being cool and popular, it is irrelevant. If I were a Born Again Christian, I'm sure I would have plenty of friends and others around me who felt the same way. Acceptance is acceptance is acceptance.

Do you have any opinions ab ...[text shortened]... ut spirituality in the workplace or have you never actually held down a real job in your life?
    A lie is never justifiable.
  13. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:21
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    A lie is never justifiable.
    Sure it is. If I lie to save someone's life, I do declare it is justifiable. Maybe you should pare down your sweeping generalities to fit each instance.
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:29
    If you're talking about the US, and I assume that you are since you mention Hollywood, then how do you explain that the overwhelming majority of Americans are xtians? Even if they are not "true xtians," in your God-inspired opinion, they, at the very least, view Jesus favorably.

“If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15)

Those are true Christians. So no, the majority of America is NOT Christian.

I think you need to take in life outside of high school for a bit. Stop parroting your youth pastor or the latest in cheap apologetics. Learn to think for yourself. Not that you're behind your peers, since few people really learn to question their beliefs until well after high school.

I'm not parroting anyone. Is it really that astonishing that I'm a Christian by choice? I've already explained I wasn't raised in a Christian household. And I don't have a "youth pastor."

This will probably fall on deaf ears right now, but as a rule you should be wary about thinking that almost everyone else but you is being "brainwashed." Cult members think this way.

Did anyone watch the Oscars? Do you recall one person thanking God? I recall Chris Rock saying that Jude Law would have an easier time getting into a club than Mel Gibson and Jesus Christ, much to the delight of the crowd of superstars. Since this country idolizes its stars (which is evident in having a primetime award show for them and not for noted mathematicians, scientists or law enforcement), where do you think young people get influenced from? Movies that constantly portray Christians as psychos preaching about the end of the world on street corners and the media that made sure to mention how devastated the BTK killer's church was, or the latest article in Mathematics BiMonthly? Being a Christian becomes more and more "uncool" every year. Last year it was rare to hear the word Christmas instead of "Happy Holidays."

I haven't. I've read what he reportedly had to say. I've decided what parts of "his" philosophy I think are well-grounded and what parts I think are weak. I do reject the people that waste my time claiming that he is still alive and is a god.

Ok, you've read His words, that's a start. Have you made any attempt to see whether His claims were verified? How about studying the Bible as a whole and see where it's wrong enough to discard? Do you know it agrees with evolution?

Watch it! You are making claims about a tremendous number of people. Make claims about yourself. You don't know what other xtians will do.

Ask any born-again, we're all members of the same family. We share a love that is universal among us. I feel very confident making claims about fellow believers.

Boy, are you ever in for a surprise!

Funny, I was just going to say that about you. By the way, why do you feel obligated to omit the name of Christ? You should ask that question of yourself with a bit of integrity.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:32
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Sure it is. If I lie to save someone's life, I do declare it is justifiable. Maybe you should pare down your sweeping generalities to fit each instance.
    You should pick up and read a book called "Anatomy of a lie".

Say if I had a son who murdered someone and he confess only to me and he asked to lie for him, I would tell him no. And that I will see him when he is out of Jail.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree