1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:33
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I had an interesting day at work. I found that three of the people I work with go to a church where homosexuals are referred to as queers during the sermons. Also, Catholics are denegrated.
    Homosexuals shouldn't ever be called queers. That's a total lack of respect for a human being. Jesus told us to hate the sin but love the sinner. Of course I despise homosexual behavior, but my best friend is a homosexual (Christian, however, so rightfully not engaged in the lifestyle).

There are a select few Catholics who I think are Christians, and I love them as brothers in sister in Christ, but the Catholic Church itself deserves nothing but scorn, since they've brought more shame upon Christianity than any sect by FAR, not to mention they preach a totally false doctrine.

2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You should pick up and read a book called "Anatomy of a lie".
    I don't need to read a book to know that if the lie I tell keeps a child from being beaten by an angry adult, I'll lie through my teeth.

Wouldn't you?
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:41
    Originally posted by eagles54
    I don't need to read a book to know that if the lie I tell keeps a child from being beaten by an angry adult, I'll lie through my teeth.

Wouldn't you?
    I wouldn't lie, but I'd defend the child with my life.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:43

Wouldn't you?
    No, because in the end, the bible says in revelation all lairs will be found in the book of the dead.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:45

Wouldn't you?
    Tell the Truth.

Yes the truth hurts, but in the end it will set that Child free. He can learn from his mistakes, he can't learn from lying all thtime.
  6. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:48
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I wouldn't lie, but I'd defend the child with my life.
    It's not as cut and dried as that I'm afraid. You may not be in a place where your protection would be of use.
  7. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:49
    Tell the Truth.

Yes the truth hurts, but in the end it will set that Child free. He can learn from his mistakes, he can't learn from lying all thtime.
    Dead children do not learn from mistakes.

I'm done with this as we've strayed from topic. Plus, I don't believe what I'm hearing either...
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:52
    Dead children do not learn from mistakes.

I'm done with this as we've strayed from topic. Plus, I don't believe what I'm hearing either...
    We did not stray from topic.

You would lie for you son if he murdered someone.

Lying gets you nowhere.
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:02
    You would lie for you son if he murdered someone.
    Don't tell me what I would and would not do. You don't know me.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:10
    Don't tell me what I would and would not do. You don't know me.
    I know I don't and I never did so quit changing the subject.

You don't even know yourself until you come to Christ.

Satan know more about you do then yourself.

11. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:29
    I know I don't and I never did so quit changing the subject.

You don't even know yourself until you come to Christ.

Satan know more about you do then yourself.

If you wouldn't tell a lie to save a child's life you may become more familiar with hell than you care to. Satan will be so glad you couldn't think for yourself.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:34
    If you wouldn't tell a lie to save a child's life you may become more familiar with hell than you care to. Satan will be so glad you couldn't think for yourself.
    You go to hell for rejcting Christ. But when all you think about is lying to people the farther you will be trapped in Satans. Lie.

Godwould sned someone to hell for lying over then telling the truth.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:48
    “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15)

Those are true Christians. So no, the majority of America is NOT Christian.

Typical, you hold your "born-again" fundamentalists friends to a different, weaker standard than the rest.

I'm not parroting anyone. Is it really that astonishing that I'm a Christian by choice? I've already explained I wasn't raised in a Christian household. And I don't have a "youth pastor." ther xtians.

Well, you can take all the credit if you want, but I've heard it all before. You are obviously taking your propaganda from your cult authority. Who knows what they call it in your cult: youth pastor, campus crusade for christ leader, young adults leader. Who knows maybe you go to one of those really scary churches where the pastor fills his sermons with this tripe.

Did anyone watch the Oscars . . . instead of "Happy Holidays."

You know they didn't thank Dionysos, Osiris, Quetzalcoatl, Zeus, Odin, Thor, Vishnu, or Ra, either. Get over yourself.

Not all xtians are protrayed as wackos. The normal ones who practice their faith privately and treat others with respect are very rarely parodied. The xtians that are mocked are the crazy ones that preach hellfire on street corners, go to hell houses at Halloween, wear their self-righteousness like a badge, bitch when people don't use the words "Christmas break" to describe the weeks in late Dec and early Jan, or get pissed off when some one doesn't explicitly mention their deity when accepting an Oscar.

Ok, you've read His words, that's a start. Have you made any attempt to see whether His claims were verified? How about studying the Bible as a whole and see where it's wrong enough to discard? Do you know it agrees with evolution?

I've told you repeatedly that I have read every word of the Bible front to back twice. Of course, I've read the more popular passages many times over. Which claims exactly should I be checking? I already told you on these forums that an xtian can also accept evolution. You were the one that had problems with that.

Ask any born-again, we're all members of the same family. We share a love that is universal among us. I feel very confident making claims about fellow believers.

I only hope you don't get taken advantage of with that kind of blind trust.

Funny, I was just going to say that about you. By the way, why do you feel obligated to omit the name of Christ? You should ask that question of yourself with a bit of integrity.

Actually, it's much shorter, and it tends to upset the ignorant xtians who don't realize that the "x" stands for Christ. Check it out for yourself.
    From the American Heritage Dictionary.

X
    abbr.

1. Christ (Greek, Christos).
    2. Christian.
    3. or xexperimental.
    4. extra.

14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 01:15
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Homosexuals shouldn't ever be called queers. That's a total lack of respect for a human being. Jesus told us to hate the sin but love the sinner. Of course I despise homosexual behavior, but my best friend is a homosexual (Christian, however, so rightfully not engaged in the lifestyle).

There are a select few Catholics who I think are Christians, and ...[text shortened]... upon Christianity than any sect by FAR, not to mention they preach a totally false doctrine.

How do you justify having a best friend who is a homosexual? Are there other qualities about him that you put before his sexual preference. Do you two talk about it?
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 01:161 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How do you justify having a best friend who is a homosexual?
    If all of his other friends were practicing homosexuals, I guess by default the non-practicing homosexual would be the best.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree