Spirituality: Quotations

Spirituality: Quotations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
What could possibly lead me to that conclusion?
.... because otherwise your life [which is being lived within the universe] would have been meaningless.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Feb 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
.... because otherwise your life [which is being lived within the universe] would have been meaningless.
No ... your question was about the universe having meaning.

What would make anyone (and in particular me as a child) think the universe had meaning?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Feb 14

........ even as a child and during your teen years you never once believed "the universe has meaning"?
A reminder for you old man.

........ even as a child and during your teen years you never once believed "the universe has meaning"?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 14

“He keeps it to himself without bringing it forth until an occasion presents itself for setting it forth at the right place, at the right time, and to the right man. The right motive also regulates such silence as well as modesty.” (Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament) “Folly in the wisdom literature is primarily imprudency, but at times definitely includes the concept of moral degeneracy. It is characterized as something that is evident to all. Whereas the prudent person is characterized by silent reflection, the fool blurts out his folly to everyone.” (Complete Biblical Library Hebrew-English Dictionary) So once again, we see what comes from the heart of the fool; folly, evil, moral and immoral degeneracy, etc. They are what they think, as Prov 23:7 tells us, “For as he thinks within himself, so he is. He says to you, “Eat and drink!” But his heart is not with you.” “Because the wise understand the value of words, they use them carefully. Because they know that wisdom comes by listening and learning, they speak sparingly and well (10:19; 17:27). Fools, ignorant of words’ value, are so busy demonstrating their “wisdom” that they speak without thought (18:2).” (Fredric Clarke Putnam, Complete Biblical Library Commentary – Proverbs.)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Feb 14

Because the wise understand the value of words, they use them carefully. Because they know that wisdom comes by listening and learning, they speak sparingly and well
You need to take your own advice.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 14
1 edit

"Ten Atheist Commandments FOR God

God: Listen up!

1. You must show yourself. Now.

2. You must eliminate natural disasters; they are evil.

3. You must eliminate evil people (those I don't like).

4. What I do with my sex organs is none of your business.

5. Happiness is the only virtue; you must make me happy (hint: think sex organs).

6. You must admit that you are evil.

7. You must declare that the Bible is false.

8. You must declare that Philosophical Materialism is absolutely TRUE.

9. You must declare that absolute TRUTH doesn't exist.

10.You must declare that it is absolutely TRUE that I have no FREE WILL. None. Whatsoever." -Facebook

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 14

"Christopher Hitchens on the Ten Commandments:

1. Do not condemn people on the basis of their ethnicity or their color.
2. Do not ever even think of using people as private property.
3. Despise those who use violence or the threat of it in sexual relations.
4. Hide your face and weep if you dare to harm a child.
5. Do not condemn people for their inborn nature. (“Why would God create so many homosexuals, only to torture and destroy them?&rdquo😉
6.Be aware that you, too, are an animal, and dependent on the web of nature. Try to think and act accordingly.
7. Do not imagine you can avoid judgment if you rob people [by lying to them] rather than with a knife.
8. Turn off that f...ing cell phone.
9. Denounce all jihadists and crusaders for what they are: psychopathic criminals with ugly delusions and terrible sexual repression.
10. Reject any faith if their commandments contradict any of the above."

http://atheism.wikia.com/wiki/Ten_Commandment_Alternatives

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
There is no "OUR GOD"
I cannot imagine two people having exactly the same delusion.
All who believe in the God of Abraham believe in the exact same God. That is most of the people on this planet. The manner of worship and what you believe your God means by His Word are the only differences.

And delusion it's not. The delusion is in not believing.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Feb 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
All who believe in the God of Abraham believe in the exact same God. That is most of the people on this planet. The manner of worship and what you believe your God means by His Word are the only differences.

Just because your story has the same source as another's story
does not mean the characters have all the same traits.

Look at all the versions of Cinderella or Snow White.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Feb 14

'Mr. Clemens was once asked whether he feared death. He said that he did not, in view of the fact that he had been dead for billions and billions of years before he was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." -Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain",

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Feb 14

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always." -Facebook (an hour ago)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne

This is what Jesus the Christ said about the matter:

"Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

(Mathew 15:7-9 NKJV)

For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

(John 5:21-23 NKJV)

Neither Judaism nor Islam honor the Son of God as they honor the Father. Islam actually states that God (Allah) has no son. So they both worship Him in vain for they do not worship Him in spirit and truth.

From the apostle John:

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

(1 John 2:22-23 NKJV)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.
The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a
human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was
very small.
The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human;
it was physically impossible.
The little girl said, 'When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah'.
The teacher asked, 'What if Jonah went to hell?'
The little girl replied, 'Then you ask him'.

D

Moves
10 Feb 14

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Feb 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The Meaning of the Universe

Higgs boson binds the universe, but humans give it meaning

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/05/nation/la-na-tt-higgs-boson-20120704

Colossians 1:15-17

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

In Him All Things Hold Together

God Is in Everything, Even Molecule That Holds Us Together.