1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 20:262 edits
    Sonship keeps asking me for this so I thought I’d put him out of his agony. It won’t be complete but it’s what I believe about a few areas of Christianity.

There is one God, one entity, one personality, one personage in the Godhead who is eternal, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. He is absolutely sovereign, accountable and in control.

God is spirit and has revealed himself to mankind over the ages in various manifestations and offices of his being. Most notably these being as Jesus Christ and as the given /poured out Spirit, but also as fire, smoke, a priest and as a voice among other manifestations.

Jesus is a veil of created flesh, the right arm of God which is laid bare. His flesh was torn like the temple veil and through him we have access to the almighty God. Jesus human extension of the one entity, he is not another person separate from God. Jesus was/is deity wrapped in human flesh and while free from the curse of sin, he was vulnerable to the weaknesses of the flesh: tiredness, emotion, hunger, pain etc. His flesh needed to draw strength from his spirit the same way we have to in prayer. He extended him and made himself a little lower than the angels in order to humble himself and wash feet. God himself cannot die, so he died by becoming flesh.

The purpose of the office of the son is not eternal, there is no “eternal son” mentioned in the Bible. The office of the son shall hand over all things to the office of the Father, as it says in scripture. The office of the son shall no longer exist but Jesus will forever be the visible physical expression of God the father. His avatar if you like (although I don’t really like that much myself).

The words in the bible are the inspired words of God. The bible is grossly misinterpreted by all of us at vaious times. The book itself is not holy, it is just a book.

There is no such place as a literal hell. Hell was done away with by Jesus when he secured the “keys” during and after his death. The depictions of hell in the Bible are metaphors for what life without the salvation of Jesus would be like, I.e. no mercy, no atonement, no redemption. Hell is what it would be without these things.

That’s it for now.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 00:371 edit
    @divegeester said
    Sonship keeps asking me for this so I thought I’d put him out of his agony. It won’t be complete but it’s what I believe about a few areas of Christianity.

There is one God, one entity, one personality, one personage in the Godhead who is eternal, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. He is absolutely sovereign, accountable and in control.

God is spirit and has r ...[text shortened]... no atonement, no redemption. Hell is what it would be without these things.

That’s it for now.
    "God is spirit and has revealed himself to mankind over the ages in various manifestations and offices of his being. Most notably these being as Jesus Christ and as the given /poured out Spirit, but also as fire, smoke, a priest and as a voice among other manifestations."

Elaborate. For example, what exactly do you mean by "various manifestations" and "other manifestations"?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 01:282 edits
    That is not exactly what I asked from you. It still CONCEALS any group that you have met with.
    You're the one it seems in "agony" to say " I MET HERE. AND HERE IS WHAT THEY BELIEVED."

Now let's let you have some of your own medicine, Shall we ?

Where is the word "entity" in the Bible ? If you say God is one "entity" when that word is not in the Bible, how can you criticize others who say "triune" yet that word is neither in the Bible?

Hypocrisy.
    Lenient on Divegeester.
    Strict with Christians like myself.

God is spirit and has revealed himself to mankind over the ages in various manifestations and offices of his being.

Where in the Bible is the phrase "offices of his being" ?

If you use the phrase "offices of his being" how come others cannot say "coinherance" meaning one lives in the other.
    Of what can't others utilize a phrase "Trinity" to express the mystery of God manifesting Himself?

Hypocrisy.
    Lenient on Divegeester.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 01:31

Most notably these being as Jesus Christ and as the given /poured out Spirit, but also as fire, smoke, a priest and as a voice among other manifestations.

Why not notably as the Father and the Son too?
    Believe that Jesus is Lord and the God raised Him from the dead. Obviously we read of Jesus and of God Who raised Him from the dead.

Why not notably as the God who said " We will come to him and make an abode with him" (John 14;23)

On what grounds to you criticize believers who find that "NOTABLE" as well ?
    Or the notable occurrence of God saying - " ... as You Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be in Us ..." (John 17:21)

Why do you criticize Christians if they find this manifestation of God NOTABLE also ?

Jesus is a veil of created flesh, the right arm of God which is laid bare. His flesh was torn like the temple veil and through him we have access to the almighty God.

Okay. And the right arm of God said "My God, My God Why have you forsaken Me?" (Matt. 27:26; Psa. 22:1)

So why criticize Christians like me who want to believe ALL and EVERYTHING the Scriptures says about this arm of Jehovah God, even if it be very mysterious?

Hypocrisy.
    Lenient on Divegeester.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 01:313 edits

Jesus human extension of the one entity, he is not another person separate from God.

But He spoke of Him and His Father as "We" (John 14:23)
    But God spoke in Genesis - "Let Us make man".

But this mysterious God-man said "yet not as I will, but as You will" (Matt. 26:39)

So some of us find this as NOTABLE and mysterious, calling for stretching the limits of human language and maybe the coining of a new phrase - like Trinity.

Jesus was/is deity wrapped in human flesh and while free from the curse of sin, he was vulnerable to the weaknesses of the flesh: tiredness, emotion, hunger, pain etc. His flesh needed to draw strength from his spirit the same way we have to in prayer. He extended him and made himself a little lower than the angels in order to humble himself and wash feet. God himself cannot die, so he died by becoming flesh.

That is all well and good. I believe the same. But I choose not to leave out that the Bible says He is God and that God is His God.

But of the Son, Your throne O God, is forever and ever, ... therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners." ((Heb. 1:8.9)

But there is one God. Yet we have here God's God! So human language is stretched beyond its limits to explain.
    So the ancient brothers wisely came up with the phrase Triune God.

The purpose of the office of the son is not eternal,

That is flat out WRONG.
    "But of the Son, Your throne O God, is FOREVER and EVER." (Heb. 1:8a)

So the throne and office of the Son of God is temporary or eternal ?

The Bible says His throne is FOREVER and EVER.
    So it is FOREVER and EVER - "YES" or "NO"?

there is no “eternal son” mentioned in the Bible.

How can the THRONE of the Son of God be forever and ever and the SON NOT BE ETERNAL ?

If His throne is eternal then He must be eternal - "YES" or "NO" ?

My errors Divegeester ??

Explain how a TEMPORARY Son of God can have for eternity a THRONE.

And if the Son is not eternal how come Daniel 7:14 says the dominion of the Son of Man is "an eternal dominion" . If His dominion is eternal then He must also be eternal.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 01:32

The office of the son shall hand over all things to the office of the Father, as it says in scripture. The office of the son shall no longer exist but Jesus will forever be the visible physical expression of God the father. His avatar if you like (although I don’t really like that much myself).

He delivers up the kingdom to God the Father. But if it is the will of God the Father that the humbled Son reign forever and ever, His delivering up the kingdom to His Father doesn't mean His dominion is not an eternal dominion.

Besides, you can see the mysteriousness of God if God is ONE yet the Son delivers up the kingdom to the Father and the Son's dominion is an eternal dominion.

The phrase "Triune God " helps. And to denounce it seems to indicate that you CAME to the Bible deciding beforehand what you were NOT going to believe. That's what it is isn't it? You came to the Bible with a preconception of what you were NOT going to believe - a three - one mysterious Father - Son - Holy Spirit.

The words in the bible are the inspired words of God. The bible is grossly misinterpreted by all of us at vaious times. The book itself is not holy, it is just a book.

That's true.
    And it could be true to you and your Unitarian congregation of Oneness Pentacostal congregation, It could be true of your Modalistic concept of God.

There is no such place as a literal hell. Hell was done away with by Jesus when he secured the “keys” during and after his death. The depictions of hell in the Bible are metaphors for what life without the salvation of Jesus would be like, I.e. no mercy, no atonement, no redemption. Hell is what it would be without these things.

That's another issue. Your private statement of faith may distance you from "corporate religion" in your mind. But it by no means encompasses the fuller revelation of God's nature.

Do you think you did any better then what the co-workers wrote in "The Beliefs and Practices of the Local Churches" ? I found some things wrong with what you wrote. I would not subscribe to such a statement of faith as you have submitted here.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 05:511 edit
    @sonship

Clarification. I wrote above after your sentence saying the book of the Bible itself is not holy.

That's true.

I meant that it could be true of you that you can misinterpret and twist God's holy word like anyone else might.
    And the word of God is holy as God is holy.

The word of God is holy.

I don't mean the physical bound bible is an idol.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 06:471 edit
    @secondson said
    "God is spirit and has revealed himself to mankind over the ages in various manifestations and offices of his being. Most notably these being as Jesus Christ and as the given /poured out Spirit, but also as fire, smoke, a priest and as a voice among other manifestations."

Elaborate. For example, what exactly do you mean by "various manifestations" and "other manifestations"?
    “Various” means more than one.
    “Other” means means more than just those listed, a dove for example.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 06:49
    @sonship said
    That is not exactly what I asked from you. It still CONCEALS any group that you have met with.
    You're the one it seems in "agony" to say " I MET HERE. AND HERE IS WHAT THEY BELIEVED."

[quote] There is one God, one entity, one personality, one personage in the Godhead who is eternal, omnipotent, omniscient ...[text shortened]... anifesting Himself?

Hypocrisy.
    Lenient on Divegeester.
    You asked for a statemnt of belief. There it is. Besides you are hardly in a place to make demands.

Do I have to believe in the teaching of the trinity in order to be saved?

Been asked of you a hundred times. You can’t answer.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 06:51
    @sonship said
    What a sad little man you are.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 06:54
    I don’t capitalise “entity” or “office”, I don’t make those words part of a cannon of teaching, I don’t call them “holy” or prefer them with “blessed” or some other sanctimonious adjective. In fact I don’t hold to them at all as teaching, they are just a way of using the English language to explain what I mean.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 06:541 edit
    Hypocrisy.
    Lenient on Divegeester.
    Oh dear.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 06:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 07:00
    So why criticize Christians like me who want to believe ALL and EVERYTHING the Scriptures says about this arm of Jehovah God, even if it be very mysterious?
    I never criticise you for believing in the trinity teaching, never.
    What I criticise you for is your dishonesty, your strange beleifs about aliens, the lost glorifying Jesus in the endless woe and refusing to answer simple questions about your beliefs.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 07:04
    Do you think you did any better then what the co-workers wrote in "The Beliefs and Practices of the Local Churches" ? I found some things wrong with what you wrote. I would not subscribe to such a statement of faith as you have submitted here.
    I’m not expecting you to agree with me; far from it.

Tell me, do you agree with the section of your “co-workers” statement of beliefs which I’ve posted in the thread calling you out?

You see, you won’t even answer that simple question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree