1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:51
    @sonship said
    So Divegeester doesn't believe the Son of God is Eternal.
    You are deliberately misquoting and misrepresenting what I said.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:52
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Lol, just let me know, thanks.

Laugh harder. Why should I let you know about what has already taken place??
    I went through your OP practically sentence at a time.
    The OP of the "calling out sonship" contains a question which you haven't answered.

You seem very upset sonship.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:52
    @divegeester

Where ?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:54
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Where ?
    In the post which I replied to and in the text which I called out.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:541 edit
    @divegeester

You're right on time Divegeester. Remark about poster's emotional state.

Oh. do I seem very upset ? Pity.

More pity on your heresy of the Son not being eternal.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:54
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Where ?
    You seem awfully frazzled sonship.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:571 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

You're right on time Divegeester. Remark about poster's emotional state.

Oh. do I seem upset ? Pity.

More pity on your heresy of the Son not being eternal.
    My OP was specific about what I believe; that the the office or manifestation of the son in his humanity is not eternal. I can believe this truth because I'm not trapped in the doctrine of the trinity whereby believing that the son is a different person to the father and therefore the son HAS to be eternal to support the trinity doctrine. This is why the trinity is a problematic doctrine.

To be clear, Jesus is God in the flesh and God is eternal.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 14:021 edit
    @divegeester said
    You seem awfully frazzled sonship.
    You could use a little frazzling. As it stands you seem to dull to be embassessed by your own teaching which is against the Bible's revelation of the Eternal life of the Son.

Tell me. The New Testament says that eternal life is in the Son. If the Son is not eternal how can eternal life be in the Son ?

"He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:12,13)

Explain how the eternal life is with the Son Who is not eternal.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 15:27
    @sonship said
    You could use a little frazzling. As it stands you seem to dull to be embassessed by your own teaching which is against the Bible's revelation of the Eternal life of the Son.

Tell me. The New Testament says that eternal life is in the Son. If the Son is not eternal how can eternal life be in the Son ?

"He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the ...[text shortened]... God." (1 John 5:12,13)

Explain how the eternal life is with the Son Who is not eternal.
    The office of sonship, is what is not eternal. Once Jesus hands all things over to the father the office of the son will no longer be needed. There is no mention of the "eternal son" in scripture. Just like there is no mention of "trinity".

Also how can his (the son's) kingdom and authority increase forever if he will be "handing all things over to the Father". This is only a problem if you are a trinitarian. I an not so all I see is one God complex God revealed in several ways - one personality, one person.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 17:041 edit
    @divegeester said
    Read the OP and my subsequent posts, your answers are in there.
    I'm not interested in what you will "swear" to, you are mistaken, badly.
    Your "statement of belief" is sophomoric at best.

Most of it was grammatically challenged.

Pretentious. Obviously written without forethought.

Not a shred of scriptural support provided.

And then when asked a simple question you launch into your siege mentality driven trollish narrative.

You've got to be the poorest example of a forum discussion debater I've ever seen.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 18:371 edit
    @secondson said
    Your "statement of belief" is sophomoric at best.

Most of it was grammatically challenged.

Pretentious. Obviously written without forethought.

Not a shred of scriptural support provided.

And then when asked a simple question you launch into your siege mentality driven trollish narrative.

You've got to be the poorest example of a forum discussion debater I've ever seen.
    If there is something in the content of my statement which can overcome your your tendency to expound upon your visceral dislike of me feel free to address it.

By the way are you still praying for me, still praying that your God will “get me”?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 19:544 edits
    @divegeester
    The office of sonship, is what is not eternal. Once Jesus hands all things over to the father the office of the son will no longer be needed.

So you believe that the Son is not forever.
    Then you must believe that the plural sons are neither forever.

Well you have already been refuted. This is additional refutation.

Revelation has God say of the saved that they will be SONS to Him. And it says that these SONS will reign forever and ever.

"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be God to him and he will be a son to me." (Rev. 21:7)

The sons are to reign forever and ever.
    "And night will be no more; and they have no need of the light of a lamp and of the light of the sun, for the Lord God will shine upon them;

and they will reign forever and ever." (Rev. 22:5)

Are you are teaching that the Firstborn Son does not reign forever and ever but the many sons DO reign forever and ever?

This makes no sense. If the many sons reign forever and ever then SURELY the Firstborn Son takes the LEAD to reign eternally.

You don't understand that God's eternal purpose is to be mingled with human beings.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Romans 8:29)

Those whom God predestinated reign unto eternity. How cannot their Elder Brother then NOT reign eternally?

Also how can his (the son's) kingdom and authority increase forever if he will be "handing all things over to the Father".

The absolute submission of the Son to the Father does not terminate the dominion of the Son of Man which Daniel says is an eternal dominion.

"And I watched in the night visions, And there with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming;

And He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought HIm near before Him..

And to HIm was given dominion, glory, and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations, and languages might serve Him.

His dominion is AN ETERNAL DOMINION, which WILL NOT PASS AWAY; And His kingdom is one that will not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13,14)

Therefore Second Peter 1:11 speaks of "the ETERNAL KINGDOM of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

"For in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richly and bountifully supplied to you." ( 2 Peter 1:11)

Whatever the great degree of submissiveness to the Father, whatever the manifestation of Christ, the Son's absolute subjection to the Father in First Corinthians 15:28 it cannot mean the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ does not have an "eternal kingdom" or that the Son does not have "an eternal dominion".
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 20:17
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    So you believe that the Son is not forever.
    Why do you keep putim* words in my mouth.
    I’ve said it several times. The “office of sonship” is not eternal. Nowhere in the bible is the son referred to as eternal.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 22:542 edits
    "For it is testified, 'You are a Priest FOREVER according to the order of Melchizedek.' " (Hebrews 7:17)

Choose:

1.) Christ is a Priest only temporarily ?

2.) Christ is a Priest FOREVER?

Answer: 2.).
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 00:08
    @divegeester said
    If there is something in the content of my statement which can overcome your your tendency to expound upon your visceral dislike of me feel free to address it.

By the way are you still praying for me, still praying that your God will “get me”?
    There was something I addressed, but you responded with nothing of substance, just like in all your posts in every thread. You deliberately evade confrontation because for you these debates aren't about having rational discussion, but about pumping up your ego by verbally assaulting others with your trollish invectives.

I asked you a simple straightforward question in an honest attempt to discuss what you meant by something you said, and I did it without guile, malice or prejudice, but you replied with the same. YOU are the one that doesn't like anyone, and it is plainly evident.

It's obvious you have an ulterior and subversive motive, and an agenda to undermine objective discussion. It's plain, simple and obvious that you are ignorant, especially about the scriptures, and your worst fears, because of your neglect of them, will come upon you suddenly as a whirlwind, your spurious and unsubstantiated assertions of belief not withstanding.

Of course I'm praying for you. What else can I do. You certainly aren't listening to sound reason, and especially not sound doctrine, without which you are left standing on sand. A perfect example is the excellent thread started by dj, which you responded to with your usual vacuous nada because it probably hurt your eyeballs to read.

I'm being honest with you. I'm not saying this stuff because I don't like you. God loves you because He has to. It's His nature, but it might surprise you to know God likes you too,Reveal Hidden Content
    I can back that with scripture
    if you're one of His.

Try liking yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree