1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 01:451 edit
    @divegeester

I’ve said it several times. The “office of sonship” is not eternal. Nowhere in the bible is the son referred to as eternal.

Revelation 5 shows the universal worship of God and of the Lamb (the Son of God, the Redeemer) forever and ever.

And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea and all things in them, I heard saying,

To Him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever." (Rev. 5:13)

All creation is seen worshipping the Father and the Son - the Creator and the Redeemer.

" ... AND TO THE LAMB [the Son] be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might FOREVER AND EVER."
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 02:06
    I’ve said it several times. The “office of sonship” is not eternal.

The Son of God has His priesthood perpetually. And He [the priestly Son] "abides forever" in that office.

"But He, because He abides FOREVER, has his priesthood unalterable. (Heb. 7:25)

His appointment to His office is because of the power of an indestructible life.
    Who has been appointed not according to the law of a fleshy commandment but according to the power of an indestructible life." (Heb. 7:16)

The Son's office as an interceding Priest is not temporary or only for a thousand years, but is FOREVER.
    "You are a Priest FOREVER according to the order of Melcheizedek." (v.17)

The oppointing God has sworn and will not repent. The Son is to be a Priest forever.
    The Lord has sworn and will not regret it,

You are a Priest FOREVER" (v.21)

In His office the Priestly Son of God ALWAYS LIVES (forever) to intercede to save His people to the uttermost.
    Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him,

since He lives ALWAYS to intercede for them." (v.25)

The Son of Man (the Son of God) is the FIrst and the Last and lives forever.

And in the midst of the lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment reaching to the feet ... and He placed His right hand on me, saying,

Do not fear; I am the First and the Last and the living One; and I became dead, and behold I am living forever and ever ... " (Rev. 1:15,17,18)
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 03:051 edit
    @sonship said
    The Son of God has His priesthood perpetually. And He [the priestly Son] "abides forever" in that office.
    I realise that you will disagree with me, but nowhere in the Bible is there mention of an “eternal son.” If you can find a mention of this please let me know.

The son is an expression of the father, as it says in the Colossians; he is the exact representation of his being. The same person manifested.

The Bible states that the son will hand over all things to the father, but also states that of the increase of his kingdom there will be no end. The only way these two scriptures can both be true is if they are the same person.

As I said, I know you won’t agree with me. But that’s ok.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 03:08
    @secondson said
    There was something I addressed, but you responded with nothing of substance, just like in all your posts in every thread. You deliberately evade confrontation because for you these debates aren't about having rational discussion, but about pumping up your ego by verbally assaulting others with your trollish invectives.

I asked you a simple straightforward question in an ...[text shortened]... ou too,[hidden]I can back that with scripture[/hidden]if you're one of His.

Try liking yourself.
    You sound like you’re channelling Suzianne.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:17
    @secondson said
    Of course I'm praying for you. What else can I do.
    Is your prayer still that your version of god will “get me”?
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 07:39
    @divegeester said
    You sound like you’re channelling Suzianne.
    Trolling
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 07:39
    @divegeester said
    Is your prayer still that your version of god will “get me”?
    Trolling
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:22
    @secondson said
    Trolling
    No, just channeling Suzianne.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:22
    @secondson said
    Trolling
    No, just repeating back what you said Mr Muscle.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 11:34
    @divegeester said
    No, just channeling Suzianne.
    Why are you channeling suzianne?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 11:35
    @divegeester said
    No, just repeating back what you said Mr Muscle.
    No, only what you think I said.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:30
    @secondson said
    No, only what you think I said.
    You said that you were praying that your God would "get me".
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:522 edits
    @divegeester

I realise that you will disagree with me, but nowhere in the Bible is there mention of an “eternal son.” If you can find a mention of this please let me know.

This litmus test of not being able to find "eternal Son" is not enough to argue God the Son is temporary.

When Jehovah says He is the First and the Last in Isaiah 44:6 and 48:12 we recognize this as the eternal God speaking.

When the Son of Man says He is the First and the Last in Revelation 1:18 why should we regard that as Him NOT being eternal ?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:531 edit

The son is an expression of the father, as it says in the Colossians; he is the exact representation of his being. The same person manifested.

How does that argue that the Son is not eternal ?
    It argues FOR the Son being eternal.

He also expresses God in His being eternal.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:544 edits

The Bible states that the son will hand over all things to the father, but also states that of the increase of his kingdom there will be no end. The only way these two scriptures can both be true is if they are the same person.

That is one side of the truth which I believe. Let us say the Father and the Son are "one person". But the other side of the truth mysteriously is the Son and the Father are distinct. They are no separated. But they are distinct.

I showed you many verses from the book of Hebrews showing Christ's priesthood is perpetual and unto eternity.

Are you arguing that the Son will not be the Son but will continue to be a priest forever ?

"But He, because He abides FOREVER, has His priesthood unalterable." (Heb. 7:25)

"You are a Priest FOREVER according to the order of Melchizedek." (v.17)

Are you saying the Lord who has sworn He is a Priest forever WILL REGRET IT ?

The Lord has sworn and will not regret it,

You are a Priest FOREVER" (v.21)

As I said, I know you won’t agree with me. But that’s ok.

I have to examine all that the Bible says. "Does the Bible agree?" That's what is important.

It agrees with much you have said, for instance about Colossian. But you ignore what ELSE it says. All the fulness of the Godhead dwells in Christ bodily (Col. 2:9;1:19) . He is not therefore a temporary manifestation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree