1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 18:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you mean a packet of crisps and a mars bar on a Sunday evening!
    No, as in 'The Wild Side of Life' by Status Quo!
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 18:46
    Originally posted by menace71
    I want to give you a hypothetical. let's say Government X wants to invade it's neighboring nation? Nation Z. The leader of Government X says once he takes over nation Z he is going to murder and kill all women and children oh and religious folks too. Nation Z can defend it's self with military force. Should it allow this evil to happen by Government X ? ...[text shortened]... n the street a man getting mugged? You can aid in someway or turn the other way?

Manny
    Well all the governments can do as they please bottom line and they do. They are allowed to be here by God at this time but will soon be done away with according to the Bible.
    So saying this it really doesn't matter what we do on the grand scale as it has been and always will be a fruitless push and shove amoung the nations of the world all wanting to be in control in one way or the other.
    So knowing this is basically a useless and constant fight between all the nations and the imperfect men that run them, it would be useless and without a good ending that we cannot change ever on our own. Do you agree? There are men dieing ever day on this earth for some cause and true it may stop that particular bad or wrong issue and save some lifes but give it a few years and it will happen again and again and again. Look at the Middle east. After all the centuries of time that has past, what has been the outcome? What has been accomplished? Their still at it and they always will be until God steps in and that will be soon.
    So knowing this sad fact of man leading man to nothing but ruin and then knowing what Jesus taught and the things a Christian can't do, like fight for a government and kill another human...I think you know the answer of why a Christian has to remain neutral.
    The other issue you speak of has been discussed before but if one see's someone being attacked on the street, one should use a little wisdom. If you can help and you feel you are not going to put "anyones" life in danger, do what you feel you can.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 01:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well all the governments can do as they please bottom line and they do. They are allowed to be here by God at this time but will soon be done away with according to the Bible.
    So saying this it really doesn't matter what we do on the grand scale as it has been and always will be a fruitless push and shove amoung the nations of the world all wanting to ...[text shortened]... p and you feel you are not going to put "anyones" life in danger, do what you feel you can.
    Christians cannot remain neutral. We will be judged by Christ for doing nothing when we have the ability to do something for good.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 02:091 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Christians cannot remain neutral. We will be judged by Christ for doing nothing when we have the ability to do something for good.
    If you really believe that about staying neutral when it comes to getting involved with the world and it's wars and you would kill a fellow Christian, you have no idea what it means to be a Christian on any level. You are a true "hypocrite" and I hope I never come face to face with you when your loving government tells you to kill an innocent person who is simple doing what a Christain is to do and that is to not kill. It's obvious you'd kill me with the simple command of some military goone that could care less for anything spiritual...

PS. I do something good and that is to teach ones how to love and learn about Jesus and the love he showed to all. To bad you can't understand that kind of good.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 02:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If you really believe that about staying neutral when it comes to getting involved with the world and it's wars and you would kill a fellow Christian, you have no idea what it means to be a Christian on any level. You are a true "hypocrite" and I hope I never come face to face with you when your loving government tells you to kill an innocent person who ...[text shortened]... about Jesus and the love he showed to all. To bad you can't understand that kind of good.
    Why do you call me a true "hypocrite" when you don't even know me. Maybe,
    you are the true "hypocrite" claiming to do God's will, while doing the opposite.
    When you tell someone to remain neutral you are essentially telling them to do
    nothing. How do you expect us to have good government with law and order if
    everyone does nothing and everyone just remains "neutral"? I think you should
    reread the Holy Bible and reconsider your position.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 02:42
    Why do you call me a true "hypocrite" when you don't even know me. Maybe,
    you are the true "hypocrite" claiming to do God's will, while doing the opposite.
    When you tell someone to remain neutral you are essentially telling them to do
    nothing. How do you expect us to have good government with law and order if
    everyone does nothing and everyone just remains "neutral"? I think you should
    reread the Holy Bible and reconsider your position.
    I know you won't read this but here is a little lesson. Do with it what you want.......... but if you truely want to be a Christian then look up the scriptures and learn.

REMAINING LOYAL AND NEUTRAL

Instead of participating in the politics of his day, Jesus focused on preaching about God’s Kingdom, the future heavenly government of which he was the prospective King. (Daniel 7:13, 14; Luke 4:43; 17:20, 21) Thus, when before Roman Governor Pontius Pilate, Jesus could say: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) His faithful followers imitate his example by giving their loyalty to Christ and his Kingdom and by announcing that Kingdom to the world. (Matthew 24:14) “We are therefore ambassadors substituting for Christ,” wrote the apostle Paul. “As substitutes for Christ we beg: ‘Become reconciled to God.’”—2 Corinthians 5:20.

Because ambassadors represent a foreign sovereign or state, they do not interfere in the internal affairs of the countries where they serve; they remain neutral. Ambassadors do, however, advocate the government of the country they represent. The same is true of Christ’s anointed followers, whose “citizenship exists in the heavens.” (Philippians 3:20) In fact, thanks to their zealous Kingdom preaching, they have helped millions of Christ’s “other sheep” to “become reconciled to God.” (John 10:16; Matthew 25:31-40) These latter ones serve as Christ’s envoys, as it were, in support of Jesus’ anointed brothers. As one united flock advocating the Messianic Kingdom, both groups maintain strict neutrality toward the world’s political affairs.—Isaiah 2:2-4.

Loyalty to Christ is not the only reason that true Christians are neutral. Unlike ancient Israel, which had a God-given land allocation, we are part of an international brotherhood. (Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 2:9) Thus, if we were to rally to the side of local political parties, both our freeness of speech in regard to the Kingdom message and our Christian unity would be severely compromised. (1 Corinthians 1:10) Furthermore, during war time, we would be fighting against fellow believers, whom we are commanded to love. (John 13:34, 35; 1 John 3:10-12) With good reason, then, Jesus told his disciples to lay down the sword. And he even told them to love their enemies.—Matthew 5:44; 26:52.

As true Christians, we have dedicated our life to God, not to any human, human institution, or nation. Says 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20: “You do not belong to yourselves, for you were bought with a price.” Thus, while rendering “Caesar” his due in the form of honor, taxes, and relative subjection, Jesus’ followers give “God’s things to God.” (Mark 12:17; Romans 13:1-7) This includes their worship, their whole-souled love, and their loyal obedience. If necessary, they are ready to give up their life for God.—Luke 4:8; 10:27; Acts 5:29; Romans 14:8.

You can be a fighter for your country, I don't care. But I am an ambassador for Jesus and that's all I will ever be.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 03:13
    My goodness, you have a grasp of Christian existentialism!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree