STD and Jesus

STD and Jesus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
21 Jun 14

What would Christ do about syphilis? Well, what should he do? Christ, being possessed of miraculous powers, why does he not obliterate syphilis from the face of the earth? Does Spirochaeta pallida, the organism causing syphilis, perform any useful function in the economy of nature? If not, why not obliterate it? Who is better equipped to do this than Jesus Christ?”

—Ira Cardiff in “What Would Christ Do About Syphilis?

Moves
21 Jun 14

Originally posted by 667joe
What would Christ do about syphilis? Well, what should he do? Christ, being possessed of miraculous powers, why does he not obliterate syphilis from the face of the earth? Does Spirochaeta pallida, the organism causing syphilis, perform any useful function in the economy of nature? If not, why not obliterate it? Who is better equipped to do this than Jesus Christ?”

Wow what an imaginative sexual spin you have put on the "no true god would allow diseases?" standoff.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Jun 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Wow what an imaginative sexual spin you have put on the "no true god would allow diseases?" standoff.
I wouldn't call it a standoff.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 14

It is sin that has caused syphilis. But Christ will put an end to the results of sin in His own good time. Just be patient.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jun 14
2 edits

What about the spreading infection of rebellion against God growing and festering in the hearts of unbelievers ?

The outward diseases in the flesh are ever present reminders of the inward filthy uncleanness of being alienated from God.

You seem only concerned with the outward infirmity in the physical body. You should have an even more urgent concern for that is eating away at a normal spiritual and moral health of the inward man.

Maryland

Moves
21 Jun 14

So god approves of a man with a STD raping an innocent woman, infecting her with a STD, and causing an innocent baby to come into this world with an STD as well? Forgive me, but your thinking(?) does not add up!

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
22 Jun 14

Originally posted by sonship
What about the spreading infection of rebellion against God growing and festering in the hearts of unbelievers ?

The outward diseases in the flesh are ever present reminders of the inward filthy uncleanness of being alienated from God.

You seem only concerned with the outward infirmity in the physical body. You should have an even more urgent concern for that is eating away at a normal spiritual and moral health of the inward man.
You should have an even more urgent concern for that is eating away at a normal spiritual and moral health of the inward man.
Third stage syphilis does do that to people.

Moves
22 Jun 14

So god approves of a man with a STD raping an innocent woman, infecting her with a STD, and causing an innocent baby to come into this world with an STD as well? Forgive me, but your thinking(?) does not add up!
Bad things happen, therefore god does not exist. Good things happen but god still does not exist because there are also bad things happening to babies.

Good thinking.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jun 14

",..why does he not obliterate syphilis from the face of the earth?"

He will. Just not when or on the terms you or I or anyone else decrees.

Cape Town

Moves
22 Jun 14

Bad things happen, therefore god does not exist. Good things happen but god still does not exist because there are also bad things happening to babies.

Good thinking.
It is good thinking and I notice you have no actual counter argument.
Obviously the thinking should be cleaned up and set out in a nice logical argument which I recall was done in a thread not too long ago.
The first step would be to specify that it is only a 'good' God that has the best interests of humans in mind that is being discussed.

Maryland

Moves
22 Jun 14

I am not holding my breath!

Moves
22 Jun 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
It is good thinking and I notice you have no actual counter argument.
Obviously the thinking should be cleaned up and set out in a nice logical argument which I recall was done in a thread not too long ago.
The first step would be to specify that it is only a 'good' God that has the best interests of humans in mind that is being discussed.
That lemonjello managed showed off his education for several thread pages still makes the argument: "bad things happen therefore god, at least a good god, does not exist" a piss poor argument.

Moves
22 Jun 14

I am not holding my breath!
You're one of the weakest debaters here, in fact you never actually debate anything, you just rock up with these occasional "sonhouseisms".

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
22 Jun 14

That lemonjello managed showed off his education for several thread pages still makes the argument: "bad things happen therefore god, at least a good god, does not exist" a piss poor argument.
I suppose we should just take your word for it. 😴

Maryland

Moves
23 Jun 14

You're one of the weakest debaters here, in fact you never actually debate anything, you just rock up with these occasional "sonhouseisms".
Weak debaters resort to ad hominem attacks!