Stigmata

Stigmata

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
The missing scars are consistent with Pio never having any wounds.
They are also consistent with him being unable to fake them, since he was dead.

A few people spoke on behalf of the Vatican. The main one had a big scary title, something like Head of the Office of Defense and Protection of Dogma. Ironically, he was a meek bald man with glasses.

The one confirmed case was St. Francis.

😀

We shouldn't rule out that these so called Church officials are actors with a great sense of humour. The world is full of lies and deceit ... erm ... I mean of course misunderstandings and misconceptions, Dear Doctor ...... and people dó need money .... even actors and documentary makers. 😀

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Dec 05

That's the Catholic cable network here.
Interesting ... liberal or orthodox ?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
20 Dec 05

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

😀

We shouldn't rule out that these so called Church officials are actors with a great sense of humour. The world is full of lies and deceit ... erm ... I mean of course misunderstandings and misconceptions, Dear Doctor ...... and people dó need money .... even actors and documentary makers. 😀
Your paranoia reaches grotesque levels sometimes; are you seriously suggesting that the National Geographic Channel is going to dress up some guys, claim that they're high ranking RCC officials and stick them in a documentary??🙄

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
20 Dec 05
1 edit

We shouldn't rule out that these so called Church officials are actors with a great sense of humour.
Are you saying that the producers of the National Geographic documentary may have hired actors to portray Vatican officials, and passed them off as the real thing? You are so paranoid.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Dec 05

😀

So you are suggesting that the documentary makers are faking their evidence. That's known in the legal profession as 'libel'. Be careful of what you say.

Speaking of which, why not present us with unequivocal evidence.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Dec 05

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
20 Dec 05
2 edits

Originally posted by scottishinnz
So you are suggesting that the documentary makers are faking their evidence. That's known in the legal profession as 'libel'.
No, because libel requires that the claim have potential to be taken seriously. Nobody is going to take yet another of Saint Ivanhoe's paranoid concoctions as anything else.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Dec 05

There's a documentary on the Shroud of Turin on now; guess it's that time of year on the National Geographic Channel. Funny thing is they have a guy on saying he's Pope Benedict dressed up in a clown suit.😛

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Dec 05

Are you saying that the producers of the National Geographic documentary may have hired actors to portray Vatican officials, and passed them off as the real thing? You are so paranoid.
They taught me not to believe everything I read in the newspapers or see on the tube ...... The National Geographic documentaries I've seen did not excell in a scientific approach ..... rather popular entertainment I would say.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
20 Dec 05
2 edits

They taught me not to believe everything I read in the newspapers or see on the tube ...... The National Geographic documentaries I've seen did not excell in a scientific approach ..... rather popular entertainment I would say.
But do you actually entertain the idea that those portrayed in the documentary as real Vatican officials might have been merely actors?

Since when are you so big on having a scientific approach?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Dec 05

No, because libel requires that the claim have potential to be taken seriously. Nobody is going to take yet another of Saint Ivanhoe's paranoid concoctions as anything else.
Being delirious does have its advantages, Dear Doctor.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Dec 05

But do you actually entertain the idea that those portrayed in the documentary as real Vatican officials might have been merely actors?

Since when are you so big on having a scientific approach?
"Since when are you so big on having a scientific approach."

I always was .... except in case of approaching the likes of Brigitte Bardot of course .....

You must have missed the scientific part then.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
20 Dec 05
1 edit

Orthodox ... at first glance.
If you aren't familiar with the English idiom I used to express my lack of knowledge, it's one of indifference and not exasperation, even though it seems otherwise. Language sure can be amusing.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Dec 05
1 edit

If you aren't familiar with the English idiom I used to express my lack of knowledge, it's one of indifference and not exasperation, even though it seems otherwise. Language sure can be amusing.
"If you aren't familiar with the English idiom I used to express my lack of knowledge, it's one of indifference and not exasperation, ... "

I know ..... who cares ? 😛