Stigmata

Stigmata

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
They taught me not to believe everything I read in the newspapers or see on the tube ...... The National Geographic documentaries I've seen did not excell in a scientific approach ..... rather popular entertainment I would say.
Why is it, Ivanhoe, that as soon as someone points out information to you that disagrees with your view of the world you immediately cry out 'FAKE FAKE FAKE'? You never say 'forward me the URL and I'll look at it'. Why not? Is it easier to try and discredit others than to actually tackle the real issues?

If you have a problem with the NG doco may I suggest that you send them a letter if you feel it is factually incorrect. If you like I'll even look up the mailing address...

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Why is it, Ivanhoe, that as soon as someone points out information to you that disagrees with your view of the world you immediately cry out 'FAKE FAKE FAKE'? You never say 'forward me the URL and I'll look at it'. Why not? Is it easier to try and discredit others than to actually tackle the real issues?
Careful careful.

You're gonna get yourself thrown in the 'WolfPack!'

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
20 Dec 05

We shouldn't rule out that these so called Church officials are actors with a great sense of humour.
Your paranoia knows no bounds.

Nemesio

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Dec 05

When thinking of stigmata I think at it as the same phenomenon like these "I stick things to my body and hang from meat hooks thing in Asia ? Or the Indian lying on a bed of nails. Fanatics can do special things to themselves by just believing to it.
Same in medicine. Some doctors subscribe pills filled with sugar or something and the patient who fas found to be not ill but nevertheless suffering tells about this fantastic medicine which helped him.

Bad thing is that only fanatic believers can power up their mind to this level (and tantrists and witches)

Even mothers were reported who lifted cars to free their trapped children. The body is able to do fantastic things when the minds tell him to do so.

All pictures of phenomenons are out of focus, there is no official recognized video of an exorcism or a human possessed.
All religious artifacts are locked away and books are hidden.

Just ask me why I don´t believe in this crap.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
20 Dec 05

My girlfriend developed stigmata while trimming the rose bushes last spring. I thought it was a clear double reference to the crucifixion--both the crown and the nails. She also had the bleeding on both the palms and the wrists, so these were ecumenical stigmata.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Dec 05

They taught me not to believe everything I read in the newspapers or see on the tube ...... The National Geographic documentaries I've seen did not excell in a scientific approach ..... rather popular entertainment I would say.
So, you don't believe everything you see on TV or in newspapers, but you do believe everything you read in the bible? Just checking my hypocra-mometer is working correctly. Oh, yes, hypocracy levels are normal (i.e. off the scale) for you Ivanhoe.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by scottishinnz
So, you don't believe everything you see on TV or in newspapers, but you do believe everything you read in the bible? Just checking my hypocra-mometer is working correctly. Oh, yes, hypocracy levels are normal (i.e. off the scale) for you Ivanhoe.
What happened to the "one big, happy family"?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Halitose
What happened to the "one big, happy family"?
I never said 'happy' - did I? 😉 (and families don't always agree)