Suicide on 9/11 - Damned?

Suicide on 9/11 - Damned?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
12 Dec 05
3 edits

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I think you just don't like being presented with a dilemma.

Do you think all dilemmas constitute manipulation on the part of the person who constructs them? If not, what is special about the one presented here? That you are the one caught on the horns?
What's in your view the dilemma presented by marauder in his first post ?

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/dilemma

noun
1 dilemma, quandary

state of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Dec 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
[b]Orfeo: "As a matter of fact, no1 does this all the time. People wrongly attribute all sorts of ideas and beliefs to him because of this.

Then what is the marauder doing in your view "all the time"?
Could you explain what he is doing in this thread ?
Could you also give other examples of what the marauder is doing in your view "all the time" ...[text shortened]... ur claim that "Many, MANY people aroud here don't seem to be able to grasp what's going on."[/b]
Here we go again; another poster wants to talk about the issues in the thread and you want to sidetrack him into the "whatistheevilMarauderdoing" discussion that is largely going on only in your own head. This is a perfect example of the destructive impact that your petty personal vendettas have on serious discussion in this and other forums.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
12 Dec 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Here we go again; another poster wants to talk about the issues in the thread and you want to sidetrack him into the "whatistheevilMarauderdoing" discussion that is largely going on only in your own head. This is a perfect example of the destructive impact that your petty personal vendettas have on serious discussion in this and other forums.
What is in your view the exact dilemma you presented in your first post ?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
12 Dec 05

What's the dilemma in your view presented by marauder in his first post ?

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/dilemma

noun
1 dilemma, quandary

state of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options
I know what a dilemma is.

You said: "You and Nemesio want to force people in an unacceptable and manipulative way to accept the moral permissibility of committing suicide."

The only way to force people to accept any position is to validly construct a dilemma from the antithesis of that position. I don't know which dilemma you were referring to, but I know that you must have been referrring to one.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
12 Dec 05

marauder: "another poster wants to talk about the issues in the thread and you want to sidetrack him into the "whatistheevilMarauderdoing" discussion "

You can adress his points if you like, nobody is stopping you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Dec 05

marauder: "another poster wants to talk about the issues in the thread and you want to sidetrack him into the "whatistheevilMarauderdoing" discussion "

You can adress his points if you like, nobody is stopping you.
Why don't you address his points? Nobody's stopping you. Instead you want to drag the thread down into the cesspool of your own little vendettas and conspiracy theories.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
12 Dec 05
1 edit

I know what a dilemma is.

You said: "You and Nemesio want to force people in an unacceptable and manipulative way to accept the moral permissibility of committing suicide."

The only way to force people to accept any position is to validly construct a dilemma from the antithesis of that position. I don't know which dilemma you were referring to, but I know that you must have been referrring to one.
Dear Doctor,

You stated I do not like to be presented with a dilemma. I asked you to describe the dilemma the marauder presented to me/us in his first post. This matter lies at the heart of all the misunderstandings.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
12 Dec 05

I think you just don't like being presented with a dilemma.
This is exactly right. He wants to hold a position but he doesn't want to examine it.

I think this is why he has this inexplicable affection for RBHILL. It doesn't bother
Ivanhoe that RBHILL has bizarre, incorrect, and offensive positions about the Roman
Catholic Church. It's that he admires RBHILL's willingness to stick to them no matter
how absurd they are.

Nemesio

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
12 Dec 05

Why don't you address his points? Nobody's stopping you. Instead you want to drag the thread down into the cesspool of your own little vendettas and conspiracy theories.
I am adressing his points in the way I want to adress things. You can adress the things the way you want.

Marauder: " ... Instead you want to drag the thread down into the cesspool of your own little vendettas and conspiracy theories"

Are you becoming drunk again ?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
12 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Nemesio
This is exactly right. He wants to hold a position but he doesn't want to examine it.

I think this is why he has this inexplicable affection for RBHILL. It doesn't bother
Ivanhoe that RBHILL has bizarre, incorrect, and offensive positions about the Roman
Catholic Church. It's that he admires RBHILL's willingness to stick to them no matter
how absurd they are.

Nemesio
🙄 ..... Stop speculating. Stop the nonsense. Smash that Crystal Ball of yours.

What is exactly that dilemma the marauder presented in his first post ?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Dec 05

What is in your view the exact dilemma you presented in your first post ?
Is it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hard to read my first post?? Other people did not have any difficulty in determining that the post and thread had to do with people's ideas as to the moral permissibility of suicide. An issue was then raised as to whether the people on the ledges actually committed suicide; while I think that is mostly a dodge, I and others have given our reasons why we believe it was. We have challenged people who believe differently to discuss what they consider suicide and why they are adopting a definition that choosing to end your life under circumstance A is suicide but choosing to end your life under circumstance B is not. There are no tricks or traps; just an invitation to discuss the matter if people so choose.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Dec 05

I am adressing his points in the way I want to adress things. You can adress the things the way you want.

Marauder: " ... Instead you want to drag the thread down into the cesspool of your own little vendettas and conspiracy theories"

Are you becoming drunk again ?
Your usual childish insults. Grow up.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
12 Dec 05

Ivanhoe, please learn to read my posts in their entirety and not latch on to those
parts which stimulate your 'Paranoia Glans,' okay?

Originally posted by Nemesio
I, personally, am very torn on the morality of suicide. But I am not torn on what should and
should not be legal. I think the whole point of #1's first post was to raise eyebrows: there
is this assumption that forcing death to come in a manner of your own choosing is sinful.
Yet, no one in their right mind would judge these people for jumping. The whole point of
the question was to get people to reevaluate what they believe.

This was the point of my 4 examples: which is why I asked 'Is this suicide or not? What are
the reasons for your evaluation of this.' My question was to challenge everyone -- including
myself -- about how we view suicide in relation to the salvific economy.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
12 Dec 05
2 edits

Instead of accusing me of all sorts of (very off topic) silly things and taking refuge in gossip (Nemesio) you might as well adress the actual criticism I have expressed here. You can go to the thread I initiated about this issue if you think it is off topic here. The marauder fled that thread a while ago.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
12 Dec 05

Your usual childish insults. Grow up.
I must tell you marauder, you got nerve.

Be honest .... you often drink when debating .... it shows.