1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 04:56
    What's the dilemma, gentlemen ? Please answer this pressing question ? .... and don't tell me this is off-topic marauder.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 04:57
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Instead of accusing me of all sorts of silly things and taking refuge in gossip (Nemesio) you might as well adress the actual criticism I have expressed here. You can go to the thread I initiated about this issue if you think it is off topic here. The marauder fled that thread a while ago.
    I've read thousands of your posts with the same vague charges; why should I bother with this BS every single time I turn on my computer?? You're going to keep harping, crying and complaining about a few other people on this site no matter what. And you will continually try to ruin discussions on actual substantive issues by sidetracking them to this tiresome subject that only you care about. You're a completely disgraceful, self-absorbed fool.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 04:59
    I must tell you marauder, you got nerve.

Be honest .... you often drink when debating .... it shows.
    I'm sure you often use a jerkwad when you're debating and it really shows.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 04:59
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I've read thousands of your posts with the same vague charges; why should I bother with this BS every single time I turn on my computer?? You're going to keep harping, crying and complaining about a few other people on this site no matter what. And you will continually try to ruin discussions on actual substantive issues by sidetracking them to this tiresome subject that only you care about. You're a completely disgraceful, self-absorbed fool.
    Insulting doesn't get you anywhere, bully.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:021 edit
    What's the dilemma, gentlemen ? Please answer this pressing question ? .... and don't tell me this is off-topic marauder.
    If suicide is a "one way ticket to Hell" that shows that one "lost faith that God can get them through anything" at the "last moment" then the people who jumped from the ledges on 9/11 are eternally damned.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:04
    I'm sure you often use a jerkwad when you're debating and it really shows.
    Admit the truth. You are often drinking while debating and it shows. It is one factor why you engage in these notorious insulting and bullying sprees in the forums. Sometimes you are simply drunk. Isn't this true or are you also trying to conceal this truth ?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:08
    Admit the truth. You are often drinking while debating and it shows. It is one factor why you engage in these notorious insulting and bullying sprees in the forums. Sometimes you are simply drunk. Isn't this true or are you also trying to conceal this truth ?
    Of course it's not true, but you have shown in this thread and many others that you have no interest in the truth.

Isn't it true that you often masturbate when you are posting in these forums?
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:102 edits
    If suicide is a "one way ticket to Hell" that shows that one "lost faith that God can get them through anything" at the "last moment" then the people who jumped from the ledges on 9/11 are eternally damned.
    marauder: "If suicide is a "one way ticket to Hell" that shows that one "lost faith that God can get them through anything" at the "last moment" then the people who jumped from the ledges on 9/11 are eternally damned.

Sure, and if the sky falls down we all will be wearing blue hats.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your first post:

I was watching this show concerning the September 11th attacks and it brought up an interesting ethical question. I know that most mainstream Christians believe that those who commit suicide are automatically damned. In the aftermath of the planes crashing into the WTC, some people went out to the ledges of the buildings. As the fires approached them, they jumped to the deaths; one woman was seen crossing herself before she jumped. As these people were jumping from more than the 88th floor, they knew it was suicide.

My question: are they eternally damned?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am not trying to manipulate you ! Tell me, what is exactly the dilemma you presented here. Whose dilemma is it and how would you like to describe it ?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:14
    [b]marauder: "If suicide is a "one way ticket to Hell" that shows that one "lost faith that God can get them through anything" at the "last moment" then the people who jumped from the ledges on 9/11 are eternally damned.

Sure, and if the sky falls down we all will be wearing blue hats.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ...[text shortened]... is exactly the dilemma you presented here. Whose dilemma and how would you like to describe it ?[/b]
    Get your hand out of your pants and actually read my post; I specifically answered your question. As I was watching the show, I thought of Darfius' posts about suicide in the Hunter Thompson thread.
    I've already mentioned this several times in this thread; are you going blind?
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:161 edit
    Get your hand out of your pants and actually read my post; I specifically answered your question. As I was watching the show, I thought of Darfius' posts about suicide in the Hunter Thompson thread.
    I've already mentioned this several times in this thread; are you going blind?
    So, Darfius was the prey you were after.

Edit: Now I understand your accusations about these "personal vendetta's" better.

As I said before you have a talent of accusing people of exactly these actions you are engaging yourself in.

What better strategy for a liar then to accuse his opponents of being liars.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:20
    I am not trying to manipulate you ! Tell me, what is exactly the dilemma you presented here. Whose dilemma and how would you like to describe it ?
    I can't tell if you are really obtuse, or if you are just maniacally clever at pushing
    #1s buttons.

The dilemma is this: no one with any conscience would ever say that the people
    jumping off the building were damned forever, even though their actions sped up
    the rate and altered the manner of death from something outside of their control
    to something within it.

People, like you, assert that doing this is sinful, even unto the point of mortal sin
    and jepordizing salvation. That is, you assert that people doing a very similar thing
    in hospitals is sinful, wrong, and should be illegal and stopped.

That's the dilemma. What's the difference? Both people are accelerating their deaths,
    both people are using the methods available to them to change the manner of death
    from one less painful to one more painful.

One (#1s example) people consider as non-suicidal without hesitation, the other they
    generally do.

Why?

This is the dilemma. I hope this clears it up for you.

Nemesio
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:251 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I can't tell if you are really obtuse, or if you are just maniacally clever at pushing
    #1s buttons.

The dilemma is this: no one with any conscience would ever say that the people
    jumping off the building were damned forever, even though their actions sped up
    the rate and altered the manner of death from something outside of their control
    to somethin ...[text shortened]... hey
    generally do.

Why?

This is the dilemma. I hope this clears it up for you.

Nemesio
    That is something you constructed. It certainly was not in the first post.
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:27
    #1: am I right? Or did I misunderstand your first post?

Nemesio
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:28
    What does it matter? It's been constructed. How do you resolve it?
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:422 edits
    Nemesio, in the context of the Dutch propaganda actions in favor of the "autonomy of the person" and in the context of the "right" to commit suicide a documentary was made about a man who was perfectly healthy, both in a physical sence and a mental sense. The doctors had declared he was healthy in every way.
    He gathered with his family, his wife and children. The man committed suicide with chemicals he swallowed and before he did this he drank champagne with his relatives to celebrate his death.

What do you think ? In the context of your "salvation economy", is this man willingly committing suicide and acting against God's will and therefore gravely sinning ? Will he surely end up in hell ? ... is he seriously risking his salvation ? ... or what ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree