Suicide

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 19 Jul '17 10:11
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 12:52
    I think He's us the saviour was a clue to savour.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:25
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    In answer to your questions. I think it may be considered stupid because things can only get better from now on and we'd be missing out on quite some ride 🙂
    Suicide is usually a 'desperate act' not a 'stupid act.' Why do you equate desperation with stupidity? Have you ever experienced profound desperation? (I won't ask if you have experienced profound stupidity).
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:31
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Is it the single most stupid thing a being can do to itself?

How foolish it is I cannot say.
    But Christ has made it not necessary.

One commits suicide because one comes to the realization that he or she is HOPE-LESS.

Excuse me. Jesus DIED and ROSE because God knew that with us it is HOPELESS.
    He knew all along. We didn't ...[text shortened]... and living with Christ, he counts those proud things of his pedigree life as DUNG in comparison.
    You really shouldn't post on topics relating to:

1. Moon Landings
    2. Reincarnation
    3. Suicide.

When you do post on these 3 topics you simply betray your lack of genuine understanding.

(Suicide is no less a reality for Christian's than non-Christians, and all clearly view it as necessary when they carry out such a sad act).
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 22:21
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You really shouldn't post on topics relating to:

1. Moon Landings
    2. Reincarnation
    3. Suicide.

When you do post on these 3 topics you simply betray your lack of genuine understanding.

(Suicide is no less a reality for Christian's than non-Christians, and all clearly view it as necessary when they carry out such a sad act).
    yes, he takes it all on at Jesus' expense ...
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 22:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Some background refresher reading which some here will find of particular interest, on several levels pertaining to this thread:

[b]Our Ethical Creeds Thread 166409 by Grampy Bobby 22nd Nov 2015

Is suicide a sin? Thread 166512 by divegeester 30th Nov 2015
    [/b]
    Grampy Bobby... Haven't heard from him in quite some time. Anyone know why he hasn't made a move since Oct 2016?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 22:50
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    I guess it's like addiction which can be better understood as running from some thing rather than to something. The vast majority of mental health cases are better understood in this light. An example being, does a grandma who has spent months on Morphine in hospital then return home as an addict?
    One would assume if she was sent home it was because she was a lot better and therefore didn't need much in the way of pain meds. Besides Morphine is a terrible pain med anyway, there are more powerful ones which are also addictive like dilaudid and such. My wife is in constant pain and will not take any of them for precisely the reason of not wanting to become addicted. Morphine does nothing for her. She bears more pain than any 10 people should, a heroine in my book.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 10:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 10:41
    Christ has made suicide obsolete.
    This is because His death on the cross has not only a redemptive solution but a [b]terminating
    solution as well.

When you touch the Spirit of Jesus Christ within you can not only be set free from condemnation because of His redeeming blood. You can also learn that the terminating power puts to death many negative ...[text shortened]... the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Gal. 2:20) [/b] [/quote][/b]
    So your Jesus commited suicide for the rest of us. Got it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 11:302 edits
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    Grampy Bobby... Haven't heard from him in quite some time. Anyone know why he hasn't made a move since Oct 2016?
    Grampy Bobby warned us that the day would come when he would no longer care about arguing with some on the Forum. And I think that day came.

May the Lord be with his spirit. I know he is in good hands.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 13:50
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Suicide is usually a 'desperate act' not a 'stupid act.' Why do you equate desperation with stupidity? Have you ever experienced profound desperation? (I won't ask if you have experienced profound stupidity).
    I live by the motto 'never leave a man down ' the alternative might bring about desperation...
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 21:46
    Grampy Bobby warned us that the day would come when he would no longer care about arguing with some on the Forum. And I think that day came.

May the Lord be with his spirit. I know he is in good hands.
    Thank you, I miss him....
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 22:151 edit
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    Yes, I do.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 22:17
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Yes, I do.
    Gone eh? 😉
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 22:18
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Gone eh? 😉
    Can you be more specific please?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree