Spirituality 19 Jul '17 10:11
  1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 22:22
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Can you be more specific please?
    I thought he was like .... gone forever.

I thought you were referencing that ...

It was a 'grapevine thing' .. that led me to believe he's gone ..
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 03:223 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You really shouldn't post on topics relating to:

1. Moon Landings
    2. Reincarnation
    3. Suicide.

When you do post on these 3 topics you simply betray your lack of genuine understanding.

I think you are still unaware of your origin and destiny and meaning.
    Your grumbling on doesn't conceal the fact that your atheism has you lost in this universe - a real lost sheep.

So with your superior understanding of Moon Landings, Reincarnation, and Suicide then - why are you alive ? Where are you going as a destiny ?

Here's your chance to show me you're not ignorant like me a lover of Jesus Christ.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 07:07
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You really shouldn't post on topics relating to:

1. Moon Landings
    2. Reincarnation
    3. Suicide.

When you do post on these 3 topics you simply betray your lack of genuine understanding.

I think you are still unaware of your origin and destiny and meaning.
    Your grumbling on doesn't conceal the fact that your atheism has yo ...[text shortened]... stiny ?

Here's your chance to show me you're not ignorant like me a lover of Jesus Christ.
    1. Moon landings. They happened. Deal with it.
    2. Hindus believe it is the 'same' soul that is reincarnated. Deal with it.
    3. Christians and non-Christians alike can reach a stage of utter despair, desperation and suicidal thought. Your flippant approach to suicide betrays your lack of insight into what drives a person to such an act. Deal with it.

You are the lost sheep on these 3 issues, irrespective of your faith or understanding of life and destiny.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 10:373 edits

That's not that important.

You never offer any quotes from authorities on Hinduism to show that.
    You should have by now.

3. Christians and non-Christians alike can reach a stage of utter despair, desperation and suicidal thought.

I never said they couldn't.
    But I mention to the Christian - Why should we ?

In fact I mention to the unbeliever - the Gospel - Why should you ?
    God knows your situation (without His salvation) is hopeless.
    He already made provision for the dilemma.

He is way ahead of us. He made provision before we were even born.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 10:412 edits

Your flippant approach to suicide betrays your lack of insight into what drives a person to such an act. Deal with it.

When will you deal with my request to you ?
    You're confident of much more education and sophistication in these three things.
    Yet I still have not seen you over the years write much explaining why you are here in this universe.

As relates to the subject matter then, let me show you why again anyone can run to Jesus Christ to escape despair, vanity, futility, and hopelessness.

We can learn that nothing - NO THING - spiritual or material of any kind, can separate us from the eternal love of God in Christ Jesus the Lord.

Do you think Saul of Tarsus (Paul) had no reason to be depressed? He did. He saw the s his beloved sacred nation under the Roman imperialism. It was despressing. He saw the stubborn rejection of the Jews against their own God. He saw problems on every side personally and with the communities of believers under his care.

He had a lot of ground to be depressed. But ... he get persuaded of something through his experiences with God.

" For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor things present nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Rom. 8:38,39)

"[A]ny other creature" means ANYTHING created. The uncreated God became a man in Christ Jesus to join us to Himself. No thing can separate us from that eternal support and everlasting love, if we would believe in Him.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 11:14

You should have by now.
    [quote]
    3. Christians and non-Christians alike can reach a stage ...[text shortened]... ision
    for the dilemma.

He is way ahead of us. He made provision before we were even born.[/b]

There you go again, minimising the importance of man's achievements. Curious how you either deny the moon landings or seek to belittle their significance. I assume you see this as a threat to divine power, hey?

You should have by now.

I did. Perhaps you missed them? Perhaps you should take some time to understand such concepts as reincarnation to avoid future embarrassment?

But I mention to the Christian - Why should we ?

Every day, devout Christians commit suicide. Clearly for them their faith wasn't sufficient to prevent such a tragic act. Do you view such Christians as weak or not genuine Christians?!
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 11:22

Your flippant approach to suicide betrays your lack of insight into what drives a person to such an act. Deal with it.

When will you deal with my request to you ?
    You're confident of much more education and sophistication in these three things.
    Yet I still have not seen you over the years write much explaining why you are here in thi ...[text shortened]... hing can separate us from that eternal support and everlasting love, if we would believe in Him.
    As above.

And yes, I have studied Hinduism, when clearly you have not. (With you inability to understand such a core principal as rebirth of the soul) - I also deal with suicide (unfortunately) in my every day work in mental health. A Christian is no less susceptible to depression or helplessness than anybody else. Very easy to say a Christian shouldn't have a need for suicide when you haven't experienced such profound despair.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 14:051 edit
    As above.

And yes, I have studied Hinduism, when clearly you have not. (With you inability to understand such a core principal as rebirth of the soul) - I also deal with suicide (unfortunately) in my every day work in mental health. A Christian is no less susceptible to depression or helplessness than anybody else. Very easy to say a Christian shouldn't have a need for suicide when you haven't experienced such profound despair.
    As above.

And yes, I have studied Hinduism, when clearly you have not. (With you inability to understand such a core principal as rebirth of the soul)

There is some kind of "oversoul" or universal matter in your Hinduism's reincarnation.

Coming from the Bible the "soul" is the mind and emotion and will.
    Sometimes persons are identified as "souls" [plural].

Now if you are arguing not for a cosmic Oversoul but individual souls in the biblical sense I would like to see some reference to confirm what you have been arguing.

My observation has been that whatever "soul" you or I may have been in any past life is not the "soul" which presently lives which you call "I" and I call "I".

If you are taking about some recycling of the one great cosmic Oversoul, I think that is probably a bit different.

- I also deal with suicide (unfortunately) in my every day work in mental health.

I am happy to here you have that profession and those skills.
    And your services are appreciated.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 14:063 edits

A Christian is no less susceptible to depression or helplessness than anybody else. Very easy to say a Christian shouldn't have a need for suicide when you haven't experienced such profound despair.

Excuse me.

1.) I never said "You know?, Christians are exempt from the emotional problems of non-Christians."

2.) YOU assume ... that I hold a belief that magically and automatically there are no Christians that battle depression.

3.) There are Christians how subject to any and all the trials the befall everybody else have found overcoming grace in Jesus Christ. It is no crime to speak of the way of overcoming in Christ.

4.) I emphasize what is normal in the Christian experience rather than what is average.

5.) You don't understand the grace of Christ. God may even allow a problem like depression to remain with a believer in Christ - life long. His power is perfected in weakness.

This is like two possibilities for a boat going down a stream with a large bolder in the water in the way. Removing the bolder is not the only way God has to deal with the obstacle. Raising the level of the water so that the boats goes over the rock is another way.

Some Christians plagued by a weakness prone to effect any other human being learn that His grace is sufficient. God uses some matters to wrought more Christ into the being of the one troubled.

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us.

We are pressed on every side but not constricted;
    unable to find a way out but not utterly without a way out;
    Persecuted but not abandoned.
    cast down but not destroyed; ... "
    (2 Cor. 4:7,8)

You must have realized by even a cursory reading of the book of say Psalms or really any other part of the Holy Bible that God's people are not saying - "Hey everybody. We don't have problems."

If God were only the God of the comfortable then He would not be much of a God.
    And if God could not also be God to the depressed and despairing He certainly would not be the God the Bible reveals.

Christians can also suffer from Clinical Depression.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 14:132 edits
    Ghost may want to portray me as thinking to receive Christ is to have forever after a life on a bed of roses.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Lord knows) all had problems.
    Joseph with his unjust imprisonment for some 18 years, had plenty of reason for depression. Many were typical problems which assault every one else.

David had problems.
    How many Psalms portray a believer in God under a ton of difficulties ?
    Sometimes they are problems because of his own mistakes.

Cast down, tears, depression, struggling with loss of hope... there is no way one cannot notice how much the Psalms portray a backround to faith in trials of mood and emotion.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 14:54
    As above.

And yes, I have studied Hinduism, when clearly you have not. (With you inability to understand such a core principal as rebirth of the soul)

There is some kind of "oversoul" or universal matter in your Hinduism's reincarnation.

Coming from the Bible the [b]"soul"
    is the mind and emotion and will.
    Sometimes person ...[text shortened]... m happy to here you have that profession and those skills.
    And your services are appreciated.[/b]
    Again sonship, I am not asking you personally to believe in the Hindu concept of the same soul reborn into many lives, but simply to accept that is what they believe. - I don't believe it either, but that doesn't prevent me from understanding that is what they believe.

What would be the relevance of Karma (good or bad actions impacting on the next life) if it wasn't the same soul reborn? - Why is it so difficult to get your head round the notion of the same soul being born many times in its journey towards enlightenment? How would this journey of the soul progress any if each successive life was separate from the last? I appreciate the lack of memory between lives is confusing, but then so are many Christian doctrines.

Please take the time to read up a little on Hinduism, and not just grab a phrase or two from wikipedia.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 15:00
    Ghost may want to portray me as thinking to receive Christ is to have forever after a life on a bed of roses.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Lord knows) all had problems.
    Joseph with his unjust imprisonment for some 18 years, had plenty of reason for depression. Many were typical problems which assault every one else.

David had problems.
    How many Ps ...[text shortened]... ot notice how much the [b]Psalms
    portray a backround to faith in trials of mood and emotion.[/b]
    You stated, "Christ has made suicide obsolete."

This is probably the most ridiculous post you have ever made, bearing in mind Christians commit suicide every day. - Perhaps you need to clarify your meaning?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 00:571 edit
    My observation has been that whatever "soul" you or I may have been in any past life is not the "soul" which presently lives which you call "I" and I call "I".
    What "observation" are you referring to sonship? Is this another strange belief or am I misunderstanding you?
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 03:08
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Is it the single most stupid thing a being can do to itself?
    Of course not. Many people kill themselves unintentionally, in ways that are legitimately stupid. Google the "Darwin Awards".
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 03:47
    Without reference to current discusions, I ask you.

To whom does my life belong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree