Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 19 Jul '17 10:11
  1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 07:43
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Okay sir, please provide your biblical evidence that Jesus has made suicide obsolete.

Also, take for example a devout Christian who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and has reached a stage of mental deterioration where he simply doesn't want to go on and progress into the final stages of dementia where he was lose all memory of himsel ...[text shortened]... ntia, make his descent in to mental oblivion any less destructive? In what way will he be saved?
    Jesus becoming Lord and Savior of our lives is giving our lives away to the Lordship of
    Christ. He fills us with His Spirit, our lives are not our own, but we belong to God due to
    Jesus being Lord. He becomes our Good Shepard, to lead us and guide us where we go,
    a great helper in all things, never leaving us or forsaking us no matter what is going on in
    our lives, good things or bad. If we are not our own, taking our own life would be throwing
    it in God's face that we have reached a place of such despair that we think God no longer
    cares for us, and can free us from whatever is it that we find ourselves in.

Becoming a Christian, is giving one's life to another, we are not our own. I cannot take
    what belongs to another and do what I will with it, it isn't mine. If someone is saved and
    God's has them, even chemical imbalances will not change that, neither would accidents
    that leave people in nasty states.

God can take away any mental oblivion, and heal, but he doesn't always. Some things
    could be due to life choices, and we are simply walking out things that we have done to
    ourselves sometimes unintentionally, or intentionally. We all reap what we sow, if we
    are doing damage to ourselves by our life style choices, we will be damaged.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 07:472 edits
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    In spiritual warfare companionship is very important.
    The enemy can pick us off if we are too isolated.

There should be at least one or two other believers you can trust to support you in prayer and not gossip.

In this way the horizontal fellowship enhances the vertical fellowship. We cannot let ourselves get too isolated and wrestling with matters only alone.

A while back I had a thread on "Don't be too hard on yourself" . It meant that some things are really hard to get through alone in the spiritual life.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 07:49
    Originally posted by @sonship

There should be at least one or two other believers you can trust to support you in prayer and not gossip.

In this way the horizontal fellowship enhances the vertical fellowship. We cannot let ourselves get to isolated and wrestling with matters only alone.
    I agree, God can see us through anything, but He put us in a body for good cause. Our
    fellowship with fellow believers strengthens us and keeps us from running out into error
    since good fellowship will help us stay the course if we start to drift.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 07:582 edits
    Jesus becoming Lord and Savior of our lives is giving our lives away to the Lordship of
    Christ. He fills us with His Spirit, our lives are not our own, but we belong to God due to
    Jesus being Lord. He becomes our Good Shepard, to lead us and guide us where we go,
    a great helper in all things, never leaving us or forsaking us no matter what is going on i ...[text shortened]... what we sow, if we
    Sometimes God would have it that a person be under some authority for help.

I knew a dear Christian who had damaged his mind with drugs. He said he had a word from God that if he would submit to the care of some doctors he would be healed.

Now this may seem obvious to many. And some may be skeptical as to why God was needed to tell him that. But part of our problem is often a stubborn attitude not wanting to be in submission to anyone.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 08:01
    Our Father is very wise. And it is not surprising that He will want us to bring ourselves under the care of someone. That someone may not be a Christian too.

Recall that God had the Hebrews be submissive for a season under the Babylonian kings. That was apparently a humiliation to some of them. But it was also a healing of their rebelliousness that Yahweh was attending to.

7 But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.

(see Jeremiah 29:7 ESV)

In other words God had them in a place of submission to others which would be to their healing and benefit. The Babylonians may not have had this realization. But God has His sovereignty over His people.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 08:011 edit
    Just preaching to the choir will make you feel psychologically safe and vindicated too, sonship. You can assemble a little array of prissy put downs about "Satan" and "whack-a-mole" etc. etc. to deal with disagreement or specific (inconvenient) questions. Calling your vanity project here "warfare" is a nice touch too.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 08:391 edit
    But part of our problem is often a stubborn attitude not wanting to be in submission to anyone.
    Your stubborn attitude was certainly evident in your "questions for divegeester" thread.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 10:15

God can take away any mental oblivion, and heal, but he doesn't always. Some things
    could be due to life choices, and we are simply walking out things that we have done to
    ourselves sometimes unintentionally, or intentionally. We all reap what we sow, if we
    Wandering in to dangerous territory there Kelly, unless you genuinely believe someone suffering with Alzheimer's is reaping what they sow.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 10:191 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Just preaching to the choir will make you feel psychologically safe and vindicated too, sonship. You can assemble a little array of prissy put downs about "Satan" and "whack-a-mole" etc. etc. to deal with disagreement or specific (inconvenient) questions. Calling your vanity project here "warfare" is a nice touch too.
    Indeed. See how he circumnavigated the question i put to him. Another example of being unable to deal with the bones of a topic:

"Take for example a devout Christian who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and has reached a stage of mental deterioration where he simply doesn't want to go on and progress into the final stages of dementia where he was lose all memory of himself and his family and end up being spoon fed in a care home. - How will Jesus save this man from dementia and make his wish to kill himself obsolete? Will Jesus take away his dementia, make his descent in to mental oblivion any less destructive? In what way will he be saved?"
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 12:231 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Wandering in to dangerous territory there Kelly, unless you genuinely believe someone suffering with Alzheimer's is reaping what they sow.
    It could be, but I doubt it, reaping what one sows could also be eating or drinking
    something that causes it. We don't know, I am not presuming a curse, if that is what you
    mean. For all we know drinking soda could cause type 1 Diabetes, or some other thing
    else introduced into our food supply which has caused the rise in such a nasty thing. This
    is more of a physical thing science may point us too.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 12:321 edit
    Ghost of a Duke: Wandering in to dangerous territory there Kelly, unless you genuinely believe someone suffering with Alzheimer's is reaping what they sow.

It could be, but I doubt it, reaping what one sows could also be eating or drinking something that causes it.
    "Reaping what one sows" suggests knowingly or culpably doing something that will have a detrimental effect. When you suggest that someone could be knowingly eating or drinking something that causes Alzheimer's, what foods and drinks are you referring to?
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 16:32
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Like the guy who wanted to know if a hunting tip arrow would penetrate a bullet proof kevlar vest!

He put on the vest and had his friend shoot him in the chest.
    ...when he could have tied the vest around some inanimate object instead! 🙄

Did they charge the friend with manslaughter, at least?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 17:37
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    ...when he could have tied the vest around some inanimate object instead! 🙄

Did they charge the friend with manslaughter, at least?
    I do not know, I heard the story on the radio. They were reading stoties of Darwin award recipients.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 18:34
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I do not know, I heard the story on the radio. They were reading stoties of Darwin award recipients.
    The Alex Jones Show?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 22:46
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Without reference to current discusions, I ask you.

To whom does my life belong.
    Considering no one owns anything forever ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree