1. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 00:06
    Originally posted by Orange Peel
    ..... So yeah, when God has plans for your life there isn't much you can do about it......
    I thought we had free will?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 00:241 edit
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    I thought we had free will?
    So does God.

Any answered prayer from God would take away free will. Anything God does in your life takes away free will. The outcome from God is always good.

The other god is just a tosser, who causes the world to become a worse place.
  3. Joined
    30 Apr '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 21:291 edit
    It's your life and you can do whatever you want with it. People who commit suicide have no soul.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 05:04
    Originally posted by metal man
    It's your life and you can do whatever you want with it. People who commit suicide have no soul.
    You cannot always do what you want with your own life, however suicide is always/usually an option there.

You don't know what happens after death do you?
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 12:50
    Originally posted by metal man
    Nino Ferrer had soul.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 02:02
    Think people! If there was a sin one could commit that the blood of Christ could not wash away, then Jesus died in vain.
  7. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 22:14
    what?
  8. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 08:25
    Sacrificing oneself to aid another isn’t suicide. It’s an act of love. Suicide bombers, or just wanting out, serves no purpose other than to bring misery. There is no comparison between the two.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 08:38
    Originally posted by Orange Peel
    Yes, Jesus didn't want to die. He even prayed for God to let the cup pass Him, while His disciples had fallen asleep. Just before death He also cried out to God, "Why have you forsaken me". Nope, Jesus wanted to live... but the will of His father was to die. So yeah, when God has plans for your life there isn't much you can do about it.

I think it is ...[text shortened]... 's life, which pertain to a spiritual level and not one that most people would understand.
    If you believe in the triune God, Jesus WAS God and had the power to avoid death. So it would still be suicide; he was just using others as an agent to aid in his suicide ("Suicide By Roman"😉.

If you don't believe in the triune God, Jesus got a crappy deal. And his death seems rather pointless and trivial; lots of mere men got executed - why make such a big deal out of this guy's execution?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 08:41
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    Sacrificing oneself to aid another isn’t suicide. It’s an act of love. Suicide bombers, or just wanting out, serves no purpose other than to bring misery. There is no comparison between the two.
    Suicide bombers are not doing it for "no purpose other than to bring misery". They believe their sacrifice will contribute to a better world here.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 08:43
    A suicide bomber believes that they are sacrificing themselves to aid another. The fact that you may disagree on whether or not the other person is aided is not relevant. By your definition it is not suicide.
  12. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 09:14
    No doubt that Jesus is the Son of God and that He was sent with the purpose to give up His life so that we can be reconciled to the Father. Much was gained by this action of love and victory was given to us because of it.
    Claiming His act of love is suicide is a just feeble attempt made by one ignorant of God, yet who’s so determined to show himself as having a point, no matter how laughable.
    No matter how much you rant and rave regarding the existence of God, fact remains you and I both will stand before Him one day and give an account of words spoken and of actions brought forth in our life time.
    No matter what words I use to try to convince you of His existence and the love He has for a misguided person such as yourself, you have hardened your heart and are dead set against receiving anything from Him. Hence, you’ll go around strutting your stuff, always arguing, always trying to convince others, always breaking down, never building, never being satisfied, always longing for the truth, never attaining it.
  13. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 09:41
    A Suicide bomber is a murderer. No more.......no less. There is nothing righteous about it. He aids no-one. He is no more than a terrorist. A deluded fool. A tool of Satan. One who acts out of hate.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 09:42
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    There is no such thing as a perfectly healthy person who commits suicide, unless it is by means of some sort of sacrifice (a parent running into a burning building to save a child, which itself is a mitigating factor).
    I think you're forgetting the cultural aspect of suicide. Seppuku, for example, can be practiced by perfectly healthy individuals (mentally and physically).
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 09:54
    No doubt that Jesus is the Son of God and that He was sent with the purpose to give up His life so that we can be reconciled to the Father. Much was gained by this action of love and victory was given to us because of it.
    Claiming His act of love is suicide is a just feeble attempt made by one ignorant of God, yet who’s so determined to show himself as ha ...[text shortened]... g down, never building, never being satisfied, always longing for the truth, never attaining it.
    Speaking of ranting and raving ................

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree