suicide

suicide

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by royalchicken
Nah, I've heard SS's referenced song before, it's the same people who did "Your Missus is a Nutter", but I don't know who they are or what it's called. It's quite funny though.

Thanks for pointing out who actually did "Suicide Is Painless".
Oh, it's Goldie Looking Chain.

s

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by Orange Peel
He's a hero, for dying for no reason.
Ok?

OP

liar.

Moves
22 Nov 06
3 edits

Originally posted by stocken
Ok?
LOL, It was all the no-reason around Him, that sentenced Him to death.

He had more to offer to the world. Jesus took society's pies for anybody who wanted to believe.

Give my fecken pies back, or I'll kill you!

Rivers deep and wide. A love for ALL PEOPLE!

s

Moves
23 Nov 06

A love for ALL PEOPLE!
😉

I've always liked the message of Jesus. And the reason for his sacrifice
makes it a very heroic one indeed in my eyes. I just find it all very hard
to believe in.

Not his sacrifice. I can believe that there are people willing to die
because they believe in something, but that he's really God. That's hard
for me to believe.

But don't let me discourage you in your faith. If Jesus' ideas is what you
adhere to, there can be few better examples of human greatness, I
think.

Just don't allow yourself to be "crucified", if you know what I mean. 😕

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
23 Nov 06

Originally posted by Starrman
Oh, it's Goldie Looking Chain.
Indeedy. Well done. The song is "Self-Suicide".

One chocolate medal on the way, just send $4 million postage and packing.

x

Moves
25 Nov 06

No, you don't go to Hell because of suicide. It took me many years to figure it out. If suicide is a sin that is capable of sentencing to Hell, then everybody goes to Hell for sins that we all commit throughout our lifetimes.

Just another point in regards to a suicide of Jesus that I heard mentioned in another post. It isn't suicide if you continually ...[text shortened]... u know is right, where the punishment imposed is death. He's a hero, for dying for no reason.
suicide and murder thats the only things that he cannot forgive u.....

E

Moves
25 Nov 06

Originally posted by xlacir
ive never heard that before.

h

Moves
25 Nov 06

i think that you are correct if you didnt ask to be born then you should choose how you die like the death penalty (given the "proper" application)

samurai.... did they go to hell or wait nevermind

OP

liar.

Moves
25 Nov 06

Originally posted by xlacir
Jesus's death wasn't suicide, but murder.

Suicide would be a sin to God, but not one that would warrant Hell.

You will have to wait and see won't you!

[You can try and relate/make Biblical stuff to things that happen in life, but you'll ALWAYS fall short... because you are not GOD]

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
25 Nov 06

Jesus's death wasn't suicide, but murder.

Suicide would be a sin to God, but not one that would warrant Hell.

You will have to wait and see won't you!

[You can try and relate/make Biblical stuff to things that happen in life, but you'll ALWAYS fall short... because you are not GOD]
Jesus knew (according to scripture) that his killers were coming. He could have escaped -of course He could, son of God and all. Of course it was suicide - he could have avoided it, if he;d wished!

OP

liar.

Moves
25 Nov 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Jesus knew (according to scripture) that his killers were coming. He could have escaped -of course He could, son of God and all. Of course it was suicide - he could have avoided it, if he;d wished!
The choice to live life was Jesus choice.
The choice to take His life was His crucificers.

People in Iraq that die have not committed suicide because of choosing to stay in their own homes, instead of fleeing from America's invasion.

Jesus didn't want to die, like people in Iraq never wanted to. god(with a little g) invaded the lives they were living, to impose punishments that were wrong.

OP

liar.

Moves
25 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
how does religion view suicide..? will someone who has committed suicide go to hell..? who's to blame in that situation, the person who committed the act or god himself..? before most people jump to god's defence, the fact that a person cannot take any more and so commits suicide could be said to be a lack of judgement on god's part
If the person did not have an ability to live life, then it's god's fault. god is also to blame for many crimes that get commited, because god took authority while not good enough.

If you play god, then you will pay... you always do.

OP

liar.

Moves
25 Nov 06

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=109813054

s

Moves
25 Nov 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
come on - you must admit that's a little disingenuous. If that's suicide, millions are committing it every year. Lack of avoidance is not suicide....

OP

liar.

Moves
25 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by snowinscotland
come on - you must admit that's a little disingenuous. If that's suicide, millions are committing it every year. Lack of avoidance is not suicide....
Yes, Jesus didn't want to die. He even prayed for God to let the cup pass Him, while His disciples had fallen asleep. Just before death He also cried out to God, "Why have you forsaken me". Nope, Jesus wanted to live... but the will of His father was to die. So yeah, when God has plans for your life there isn't much you can do about it.

I think it is more likely murder on God's part than suicide from a mere man. However, there were reasons that God chose to GIVE His son's life, which pertain to a spiritual level and not one that most people would understand.